NRL The Finals: Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Well, what a weekend awaits. Two potential ripper games.

The Raiders v Panthers preview can be found here on nrl.com as can the Cowboys v Broncos here.

I'm looking forward to both games and both should be close.

Cowboys by 4
Panthers by 2

Great result. Broncos out and Cowboys hopefully struggle against the Sharks next week after having played two tough finals in s row, one in extra time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy s**t... I can't believe it, I'm so excited to be able to go and watch the Raiders in a prelim final down here next week! :eek:

A couple of nervous moments when the Panthers scored the two quick tries, and it was starting to feel a lot like last week when we couldn't turn the first half domination into points. But when we scored the penalty goal I was at least able to enjoy the last 10 minutes or so.

I dunno about next week. If we can defend like we did against Melbourne a month ago, we're every chance. And I seem to recall that we have a decent record down here - without having played here a lot, I know we lost here 2 years ago. But I made the trip down to Melbourne in (I think) 2011 & 2012 (maybe 13) and we won both those games.

We'll be outsiders, and we'll deserve to be - but we definitely aren't without a chance.

Already managed to get my seat for next week. Holy s**t NRL Prelim tickets are incredibly cheap! (In Melbourne where they're trying to fill the ground at least.)

I don't know how I'd feel if I were a member and a non-member was able to get in on the member allocation by correctly guessing the pre-sale code word on literally their first guess :cool:

(I know there's not too many Raiders fans here, but if you want a ticket in the Raiders allocation and aren't able to guess the code send me a PM.)

Will be an amazing year if the Sharks in the NRL and Bulldogs in the AFL can win the premiership. Will be cheering madly for them both.

After hearing the whinging about wrestling tactics Melbourne employ, I checked the calendar, of course, that old chestnut comes out every year..one of the greatest indicators its finals time..!!

After hearing the whinging about wrestling tactics Melbourne employ, I checked the calendar, of course, that old chestnut comes out every year..one of the greatest indicators its finals time..!!

Except now Cronulla do it too and only go back 8 metres apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back