The Finals Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Though really don't care, the Tigers to win so only the Dees and the Saints have not won a flag in over 30 years.

Plus have friends and family members who support the Tiges and got right behind the doggies last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as much hate for us tubby whining Swans supporters as I would have thought. Lot of support for Richmond which I understand.

But universally you are all very much against GWS. Why is that ? Is it the brief trade history between clubs that has brought this about or something more about the prelim or just straight annoyance with advantages of a new start club.

I guess because the AFL would like to manufacture a rivalry between the Swans and GWS (Which I don’t feel is there yet) I find it hard to understand what seems to be a rivalry growing with the dogs ?

Not as much hate for us tubby whining Swans supporters as I would have thought. Lot of support for Richmond which I understand.

But universally you are all very much against GWS. Why is that ? Is it the brief trade history between clubs that has brought this about or something more about the prelim or just straight annoyance with advantages of a new start club.

I guess because the AFL would like to manufacture a rivalry between the Swans and GWS (Which I don’t feel is there yet) I find it hard to understand what seems to be a rivalry growing with the dogs ?
From our perspective, there's a myriad of reasons which has caused it to grow, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- Poaching Callan Ward off us
- Ryan Griffen walking out as captain to them
- Leon Cameron coaching them
- This, from the Giants website. Essentially laughing in our faces with unfounded arrogance:
Lost-Dogs-V1-slider.jpg.jpeg

- Toby Greene belting Caleb Daniel and then following up with a boot to Dahlhaus' face
- Up until last year, we hadn't come close to a flag in 60+ years. Then GWS come along with all of their start up concessions, take some of our better players, and look like winning a flag within a few years of existing with special thanks to the AFL.
- A few tight games, including last year's prelim which was such an intense match.
- Excluding this year, both clubs look like they should be contending in years to come

I don't hate Sydney, some great players and attitude. Just find Longmire annoying and entitled and same with some fans on BF, trying to denigrate our flag win. Otherwise good luck!

GWS, full of thugs. Plus, the Ward, Cameron, Griffen message posted after Griffen defected at the end of 2014 was kicking us when we were down (and we were REALLY down). Fortunately it came back to bite them in the PF last year. But it's something we won't forget.

- This, from the Giants website. Essentially laughing in our faces with unfounded arrogance:
Lost-Dogs-V1-slider.jpg.jpeg

Your other points aside (which I guess are valid) this is incredible. Not seen this before but WOW. Surely that was pulled pretty quickly.

Anyway I'm derailing this thread so back to finals discussions.

Was an interesting read.

Your other points aside (which I guess are valid) this is incredible. Not seen this before but WOW. Surely that was pulled pretty quickly.

Anyway I'm derailing this thread so back to finals discussions.

Was an interesting read.
Yeah it was fairly outrageous, it was posted just after they landed Griffen when we were at our lowest point, having had both captain and coach leave and we were a basketcase. Really sinking the boots in unnecessarily.

Besides that, each of the points I've listed I don't think are really too bad on their own, but when added up they help flame the rivalry.

I'd say the majority of Bulldogs fans don't have much against the Swans, the only real grief we've had is arguments on Bigfooty since the Grand Final over umpiring etc but you'd expect that.

Yeah it was fairly outrageous, it was posted just after they landed Griffen when we were at our lowest point, having had both captain and coach leave and we were a basketcase. Really sinking the boots in unnecessarily.

Besides that, each of the points I've listed I don't think are really too bad on their own, but when added up they help flame the rivalry.

I'd say the majority of Bulldogs fans don't have much against the Swans, the only real grief we've had is arguments on Bigfooty since the Grand Final over umpiring etc but you'd expect that.

I'm surrounded by Bulldogs supporters by way of family so had to suck it up.

I’ve largely stayed away from the umpire stuff but weighed in a few times afterwards. You just have to move on and accept it wasn’t your teams day. I don’t think Swan fans overall begrudge the dogs winning the Grand Final but as the losing supporting group you are always going to find members who won’t accept it or bemoan. Especially as it was close until your blokes put the foot down at the end. Was a remarkable achievement from 7th and you should be allowed to enjoy every bit of it.

Errm correction preese

"Up until last year, we hadn't come close to a flag in 60+ years. Then GWS come along with all of their start up concessions, take some of our better players, and look like winning a flag within a few years of existing with special thanks to the AFL."
And Tobey Greene

DIFMCKDXcAAGH4D.jpg

Re GWS hatred. I've not known a BFer that alienates so many against his team with his arrogance and assumed entitlement as Bokonon Plugger goes close, but this single person has elevated my immense dislike of GWS to hatred.

Will be very interesting if Sydney beat a top 4 team in the GF, will the bye be brought up as the main reason for the win.
It better be mentioned over and over and over again, otherwise I will do my ******* nut and I will emailing every single media outlet and making sure they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back