The Finals Series

philmb

Cancelled
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So GWS vs Eagles on Saturday night in Sydney at the same time that Parramatta play Cowboys. I doubt GWS will get a sell-out like the preliminary final last year - hoping to see plenty of empty seats!
I don't think Eagles will have the legs to go with GWS though...Which will make the Tigers 95,000 screaming fans drowning out the 20 GWS fans in the preliminary all the more sweeter! Two fairytale grand final appearances at the expense of GWS in consecutive years? Yes please!

So GWS vs Eagles on Saturday night in Sydney at the same time that Parramatta play Cowboys. I doubt GWS will get a sell-out like the preliminary final last year - hoping to see plenty of empty seats!
I don't think Eagles will have the legs to go with GWS though...Which will make the Tigers 95,000 screaming fans drowning out the 20 GWS fans in the preliminary all the more sweeter! Two fairytale grand final appearances at the expense of GWS in consecutive years? Yes please!

I'm sure the plastics' fan/s will be out in force :$
2012_Shanghai_Empty-Stands.jpg

Last edited:
I took some of my international student friends to the game on Saturday night, having introduced them to footy in the last few months. They're keen Port fans so the end sucked (I was mostly shattered because I hate West Coast), but I guess that's the reality of following sport :(

Hoping the Swans win it now, but would be happy for my Crows supporting mates if they got up. The others can GAGF :p

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
There is no more poetic injury to a player than Shane Mumford breaking his foot one final in.

I don't wish injuries on guys but there is a certain dose of karma associated with this one.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
There is no more poetic injury to a player than Shane Mumford breaking his foot one final in.

I don't wish injuries on guys but there is a certain dose of karma associated with this one.

He should lose some weight so his joints aren't having to support so much.

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians

Might actually help them , the bloke to me looks like the queen Mary sailing in jelly.
The only thing left is the ability to fall on someone and hurt them!

I think I just saw myself in the footage of the 1980 GF on The Front Bar. I was sitting among Collingwood members by myself after the friend who got me the ticket left at halftime. Damn you, KB. (It was not easy for me to tip with KB's son, Rhett, on 774 for two years.)

They were just talking to KB about the Helen D'Amico incident at the 1982 GF on TFB and what they all remember about it.

I was sitting in the Upper Deck of the Northern Stand watching the match with my binoculars hanging around my neck since I wasn't using them at the time. All of a sudden the stranger next to me pulled my binoculars to get a look and almost decapitated me with the cord. I had no idea what was going on but soon found out. Crap. I was a mere 30 year old at the time. :p

If GWS wins, we'll have to put up with all three Plastics supporters in Melbourne. Imagine what it would be like if...

Do you know (remember) what it was like in 1990? I was afeared to leave my house for a week after that one day in October.

Mingo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2006
Western
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I reckon this and the non bulldogs footy discussion thread should be merged. Discussions are taking place in both threads needlessly in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MJ_Dogs

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs, Man U, Habs, Patriots, Cubs
This finals series has been an embarrassment for the AFL.

Average margin is 47 points.
And I'm not at all surprised. I've thought for a while this is the weakest 8 finalists I can remember in some time. No one has been consistent all season.

Is the world going to end on September 23?
The Sun
an hour ago
DOOMSDAY could be sooner than you think if you are to believe conspiracy theorists claiming a planet will collide with Earth on September 23.

As long as it happens after Richmond loses, I'm OK with it.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Port Essendon and the Weagles would be 3 of the weakest teams I've ever seen make the finals.

All 3 will kiss the finals next year imo

Port Essendon and the Weagles would be 3 of the weakest teams I've ever seen make the finals.

All 3 will kiss the finals next year imo
You must be forgetting North melbourne last year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Where are all the sooks about the top four losing their advantage with the bye now? All of the top four teams remain, and the finals have been the most one sided and boring in many seasons.
Certainly put those two 'theories' to bed hasn't it. It's almost like the media pick up one hair brained idea and just run with it as hard as possible without looking at context at all.

As most normal logical people would think, it's always going to be advantageous to finish top 4.

And the close finals series had a lot more to do with the evenness of the top 7 last year. Nothing to do with the bye which was pretty much meaningless.

Back