The Finals - Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Azul

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 22, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
Geelong the favourite as the Swans have at least 2 road trips.

Richmond finish 3rd because of a favourable draw where they got to play Carlton twice.

The AFL will be hoping GWS beat Adelaide, setting up an all SA semi final and an all NSW preliminary final.

Port Power the lucky long shot if they get to play the Cows in week 2.

Sydney knocking out Bombers and Tigers would be enjoyable. Actually Sydney is the only team I would like to see win it, followed by Port, GWS and, no that's it.

I'll be going for the Tigers first. Dad's team, plus I find Tigers supporters really fun. Slightly invested as I have been to at least half a dozen Tigers games this year. GWS next. Maybe Sydney or WCE after that. Everyone else can eff off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heh heh. * out first match. Hopefully Richmond get spanked twice. And I mean spanked. Like seriously ugly, embarrassingly spanked. Unlike last season, I really don't care who wins it this time. All these 8 teams suck mightily. Bring on the cricket.

I made a failed prediction last year for the same result, but I'm again tipping a GWS v Swans GF, with GWS to win.

If Kelly can get a flag out of the way now, it might help his decision to leave.

Would love to see * bomb out in spectacular fashion. Glad they've got Swans first up. Not really fussed about the rest to be honest. Would love to see Richmond make it to the semi and still not win a game, just for the lolz.

I made a failed prediction last year for the same result, but I'm again tipping a GWS v Swans GF, with GWS to win.

If Kelly can get a flag out of the way now, it might help his decision to leave.

Would love to see * bomb out in spectacular fashion. Glad they've got Swans first up. Not really fussed about the rest to be honest. Would love to see Richmond make it to the semi and still not win a game, just for the lolz.
TBH I reckon Kelly has more chance of winning a flag with the blues than he does at GWS.

GWS wont win anything.

Always look forward to the finals, but still disagree with the week off before the finals. We build towards the crescendo of the season and then go on holiday?

Like most on here want *FC out in the first week to see Goddard sook again and don't want to hear about braveness and the great story of a club who cheated but fought their way back through adversity to save the world by bringing peace and abolish famine and poverty.

Geelong have a soft underbelly, so if you can get them to roll over they are vulnerable as they showed last year.

Adelaide and Sydney are two very good sides, Sydney can be harder for longer while Adelaide can score quickly.

GWS?

Richmond are the dark horse, addressed their shortfalls last trade period really well and have been consistently good this year, match up well against Sydney and GWS but may struggle with Adelaide if they have to go there.

Port and WC, who cares? Both have shown that when they are expected to win, they don't, so this will probably be a draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back