NRL 2018 NRL Grand Final - Storm vs Roosters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
My apologies for not getting to this earlier, but it's been a hectic week. Time to get into the finals and a top 8 which is probably the most even ever with two points and % separating the 8 sides. I think anyone can win it, but obviously the top 4 have a decided advantage.

We kick it all off on Friday night as the Melbourne Storm host South Sydney. Melbourne started the game well last week, but then seemed to lose a bit of interest. Souths were awesome and they'll be primed for a big one. I can't see much in this one and despite last weeks loss the Storm will go in warm favourites. Melbourne by 6

Super duper Saturday and it's welcome back the Warriors to finals footy. Up against a Panthers side that have mostly been cold, they heated things up with a comfortable win over Melbourne. The Warriors tuned up with a tough win over Canberra. Much will depend not on RTS or Shaun Johnson, but for me it's Tohu Harris. Of all this years recruits for me he has been the difference. If the Warriors are to win he'll play a major part. For the Panthers it's all about Cleary and Maloney. Two proven match winners who are without a doubt the keys to Penrith winning. I have a feeling this will either be a blowout or a golden pointer. Panthers by 4.

Game 2 and it's the Minor Premiers up against Cronulla. Probably the closest game of the finals. Both sides have strike power, while the Roosters have the best defense in the comp. It's really hard to seperate the two sides as they both look very even. Quality in the halves, potent backlines and two tough packs. Incredibly hard to pick, but the Roosters deserve to go in favourites and I'm picking them by 2.

On Sunday the Broncos host Saint George. The Dragons have been faltering lately and I believe this game will have the biggest winning margin. Saints have lots of support around the country so they'll have loads of support. I just can't see them having enough to get over the line. Broncos by 16.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Munster lifts Storm to thrilling win over Rabbitohs

Link

A missile-like field goal from Storm five-eighth Cameron Munster four minutes from the full-time siren sent Melbourne through to the NRL preliminary finals while prolonging South Sydney's pain at AAMI Park.

Munster (knee) was one of the six Melbourne players back from injury this week after missing the loss to the Panthers in round 25. But the Test half showed no signs of pain as he fired his shot from 35 metres out off his left boot.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Reynolds, Inglis expected to play next week

Link

Two of South Sydney's key players in halfback Adam Reynolds (shoulder) and skipper Greg Inglis (ribs) say they will be able to repair themselves enough over the next eight days to face either the Broncos or Dragons in week two of the NRL semi-finals.

Rabbitohs fans took collective deep breaths when they saw Inglis receive on the field treatment on his right shoulder and then his right rib cage, both in the first half in the dramatic 29-28 loss to Melbourne at AAMI Park.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Warriors ready for a return to the big time in finals footy

Link

It may only be the first week of the playoffs, but for the Warriors Saturday's game against the Panthers has a grand final feel to it.

For the past six seasons the Warriors players had already had their Mad Monday by now and were either planning their holidays or preparing for the Kiwis.

This year though they're still playing and for the majority of the squad it's a new and special experience.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I backed the Bunnies and it looked like they were going to get over the line, but they didn't manage it.

Come on the Warriors!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back