NRL Preliminary Finals Weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

People complaining have no sense of context. The Storm had scored 1 try in 79 minutes, yet seem to think a wrong call with a minute left "ruined the game".

* off, Josh Addo-Carr runied the game for you coughing it up 15 yards off the Storm's line.

All this whinging also conveniently ignored the fact that the 1 try the Storm did score came after a pass that was a metre forward 2 tackles earlier.

Last edited:
mistakes happen in both codes on the field i get that and that's part of it.

But the technology and time is there to overturn things that are wrong when it comes to the line ...and giving a team possession in a final(like nba etc) like they do with tries and goals but the NRL didn't use it they decided instead to let a blind guy ruin the game. Why did storm even waste their time going for a short kick off. and Vinavalu even bother trying to catch it ...waste of time.

god i hope it happens in a grand final then you will realise common sense needs to prevail and and they need to get the call right not rely on some idiot who should be pushing trolleys at woolworths.

amateur hour.

I'm happy Raiders won but its just so comical. Getting that wrong with the technology there is back yard stuff.

I doubt you are happy the Raiders won, because you sound like the typical parochial Storm homer that doesn't know anything about rugby league.

We had a system where anything could be reviewed by the video ref. The game turned into a farce as players stayed down giving the video ref a chance to change the decision, and was shitty for the on-field referees - if the video ref can overturn that decision last night, it's prefaced by 6 guys screaming in the refs face demanding time for the video ref to look at it.

I'ld just rather have the technology used to get the decision right in a final...not some **** that gets payed to get it wrong when he's a meter away.

I'ld just rather have the technology used to get the decision right in a final...not some **** that gets payed to get it wrong when he's a meter away.

And you’ll be happy if the game going 5 hours then? We aren’t watching the Super Bowl.

Meh a mistake happened...about a dozen happened in the first half but no it didn’t “cost” Melbourne and no complaints. They had scored 1 try in 79 mins...

People complaining have no sense of context. The Storm had scored 1 try in 79 minutes, yet seem to think a wrong call with a minute left "ruined the game".

fu** off, Josh Addo-Carr runied the game for you coughing it up 15 yards off the Storm's line.

All this whinging also conveniently ignored the fact that the 1 try the Storm did score came after a pass that was a metre forward 2 tackles earlier.

Well....the Raiders has scored 1 try in 77 minutes of play until gifted their second by Ado Carr. So the wrong call certainly gave way to any real chance they may have had to steal it. They would of had a full set, and given the amount of chances they blew during the game....and assuming a last tackle hail Mary bomb, anything could of happened.

The try Canberra scored came from a not so obvious penalty in the first half...your arguments are basically schoolboy drivel.

The key strategy last night which no one is giving Ricky credit for was the deliberate stoppages the Raiders implemented right throughout the game, its something that worked very well for the Tigers last year when they beat the Storm twice. At very critical times throughout the game when Storm took possession a Canberra player would go down injured stopping the play, allowing the Canberra defense to get a much needed beak and also stifle any momentum the Storm may have built. It was Wests Tigers 101 and Ricky knew it and carried it off perfectly.

That tactic was the main reason the Raiders were still in the hunt when Ado Carr gifted the try. Without it, the game would of been done and dusted by then.

No one is giving Stuart the praise he should be getting for out coaching the Storm last night, regardless of the spirit of the game, it was right up there as one of the better coaching performances you will see.

Well....the Raiders has scored 1 try in 77 minutes of play until gifted their second by Ado Carr. So the wrong call certainly gave way to any real chance they may have had to steal it. They would of had a full set, and given the amount of chances they blew during the game....and assuming a last tackle hail Mary bomb, anything could of happened.

The try Canberra scored came from a not so obvious penalty in the first half...your arguments are basically schoolboy drivel.

The bottom line is that the Storm had one 10 minute period they were able to score - after the first half siren, and then the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

You don't have a right to say that one wrong decision ****ed the Storm when their defence was so thoroughly outplayed for most of the game.

And Canberra's first half try came off a blistering bit of play finished by a guy who had no expectation that he'd even be on the field. The Raiders didn't get the credit for starting like a house on fire after some bullshit WWE-style fireworks went wrong and could've blinded a guy.

C'mon Eels. My mum has been a Parra supporter since she arrived off the boat from England and started her nursing training at Parramatta hospital back in the 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable how good Parra can look at times, but so inept other times.
Surely the biggest gap between their best and worst in the comp.

Has been a long journey but hopefully we are getting there consistency wise
Agreed. I usually only loosely follow, but am watching the finals with interest because my grandfather who was a staunch Parra supporter passed away this year. Be happy to just see them finally get another finals win or two again.

It would have been nice if Moses could have landed at least one more goal to put it beyond four tries but I'll take it.

C'mon Eels. My mum has been a Parra supporter since she arrived off the boat from England and started her nursing training at Parramatta hospital back in the 50s.

My grandparents emigrated from the UK in the 50’s aswell and settled at Mt Druitt initially and my grandfather was a staunch Eels man. He passed away at Christmas 2009, he had been ill for a while but was well enough to attend the GF with me, unfortunately we couldn’t quite get it done. Bizarre to think that out of 8 children and 30 odd grandchildren there are only 4 of us who are Eels supporters. One of my my younger brothers is a Chooks member/sponsor so I’d love to beat the Storm next week and have a crack at Easts

My grandparents emigrated from the UK in the 50’s aswell and settled at Mt Druitt initially and my grandfather was a staunch Eels man. He passed away at Christmas 2009, he had been ill for a while but was well enough to attend the GF with me, unfortunately we couldn’t quite get it done. Bizarre to think that out of 8 children and 30 odd grandchildren there are only 4 of us who are Eels supporters. One of my my younger brothers is a Chooks member/sponsor so I’d love to beat the Storm next week and have a crack at Easts

I'm Bulldogs but definitely cheering the Eels today, especially against the Broncos, aka the scum of the earth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back