Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has everyone seen this (posted by@alfoilhat on another board).

1ha7dm1.gif

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I still don't get why people think WC in R23 is a soft game? They are a formidable bunch of players, not a bottom half of the league rabble.
That is a danger game. We will need to improve on recent performance to ensure we win. Any complacency and west coast could upset us. I think they are coming into form at the right time.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
That is a danger game. We will need to improve on recent performance to ensure we win. Any complacency and west coast could upset us. I think they are coming into form at the right time.

Although I ruled a line through the Weagles a number of weeks ago, I agree that this is a danger game. The shitness of our recent opposition can hide a multitude of sins. We have won by big margins, but a sudden increase in pressure AND quality of opponent might result in a bit of damage to the scoreboard that we'll need to buckle down and correct. Having said that, if we're not ready for it and good enough to handle it then we're in a spot of bother anyway.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I like Graham Cornes on the radio but Kane just is not good on the air. Knows his footy i'm sure, but he just has zero charisma and that ocker voice is just beyond grating. Would like to know why he quit the MFS for media (besides money - or is that it?)

I like Rooch for his pompous inhale/exhale pauses and smug tone which is strangely appealing to me.

Kane Cornes, Bickley and Rowe is a horrible combination on that Friday FiveAA drive as well.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yer it is rather crass that kane is only there to even out the crows port balance.

Even Wayne Carey deliberately made bold statements on channel seven to get ratings.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yer it is rather crass that kane is only there to even out the crows port balance.

Even Wayne Carey deliberately made bold statements on channel seven to get ratings.

I'm no pro or even amateur in the area, but surely these guys are told to get people talking about them as much as possible. Obviously, you need to maintain a degree of respect and credibility while you build your profile. I don't think Kornes has the intellect to be sensational and credible.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Kane was bagging leadership groups on radio today. Said words to the effect they are useless fad of the last ten years and he's never liked them. So i googled his name and that term and came up with a story from 2009 where he thoroughly enjoyed his time in the leadership group.
At this stage I don't think I'll be in the leadership group next year .I had five or six great years in there and really enjoyed my time. But at the stage the footy club is at, and how young the group is, it's time to give someone else a go and develop these guys

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...leadership-group/story-e6freon6-1225916971330

He's dumbing us all down with his s**t.

I've heard fireys aren't too pleased with Kane. Bent over backwards to get him in and it was all about Kane. Sounds like one spoilt selfish flog. Too be expected when he spits about not winning the best and fairest.
Geez, I hope we don't have to put up with him in the media as he ie terrible... Though I admit after avoiding him I turned on 5aa after the game to listen to his whinging.

Embarrassing at it's finest.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geez, I hope we don't have to put up with him in the media as he ie terrible... Though I admit after avoiding him I turned on 5aa after the game to listen to his whinging.

Embarrassing at it's finest.
I an staggered for a bloke that struggles to speak that he has a media gig. If his surname wasn't Cornes he would be no where.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was amusing listening to Kane being completely unable to understand a simple argument on the radio tonight.

He claimed Wines was much better than Crouch, primarily because his metres gained was double that of Crouch. Someone rang up and said that half of Wines kicks were ineffective - in other words, half of those metres gained were wasted. But Kane just couldn't or wouldn't understand it. He kept saying that the alternative of kicking sideways was worse than going forward, apparently unaware that it is better to retain possession than give it away.

I wish someone had just given the obvious simple example - kicking 50m to an opposition chest means your metres gained goes up by 50, is that a good thing?

Bone71

All Australian
Oct 13, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
It was amusing listening to Kane being completely unable to understand a simple argument on the radio tonight.

He claimed Wines was much better than Crouch, primarily because his metres gained was double that of Crouch. Someone rang up and said that half of Wines kicks were ineffective - in other words, half of those metres gained were wasted. But Kane just couldn't or wouldn't understand it. He kept saying that the alternative of kicking sideways was worse than going forward, apparently unaware that it is better to retain possession than give it away.

I wish someone had just given the obvious simple example - kicking 50m to an opposition chest means your metres gained goes up by 50, is that a good thing?
Not surprising he would think meters gained are more important, he spent his entire career kicking to the opposition.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
I've heard fireys aren't too pleased with Kane. Bent over backwards to get him in and it was all about Kane. Sounds like one spoilt selfish flog. Too be expected when he spits about not winning the best and fairest.
Fireys are full off ex SANFL players from the 70s and 80s. Wildy for one. Ralphy Sewer. The list goes on. To be accepted and then bail makes them pissed off for sure.

Sep 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Wasn't Kane Cornes a bit like M Crouch himself? I.e. Had the ability to accumulate lots of possessions but not necessarily the most damaging.
Kanes were more your standard cheapy around the back variety rather than get your fingernails dirty variety. Crouch had decent proportion of handballs too which would affect the 'metres gained' to you'd expect.

Back