The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
found SEN on the car radio yesterday morning. lasted 3 minutes i reckon.

Kane was turning Dougies quote about players being in shape and Tex losing 2-3kg into a sledge of Tex. Essentially to him it meant Tex isn't professional and shouldn't have presented overweight last year. That makes him not a good captain, etc.

Clearly him losing weight is because we are taking a different tact with his body going more lean and losing some muscle bulk, not because he was lazy and overweight before. Kane DID acknowledge this after a caller called him out but that was me done. More of the same of kanes pot stirring (he clearly knows better and that players have different programs that may be designed to bilk them up or slim them down - Gee Roo was fat and lazy under Shaw wasn't he) that will always just pander toward port supporters and trying to get a bite out of crow supporters (which works for a bit but then wears thin to the point you tune out)

EDIT: plus sound quality was poor, which was strangely the only saving grace
That’s not even it, it’s well documented Tex didn’t have a preseason due to his foot, the same one that derailed his season and the same one he had operated on. Now he can train and guess what he’s lost weight.

What a ******* wanker he is. I spoke to Tex about Kane and he hates his guts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pjcrows

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings

Kane was turning Dougies quote about players being in shape and Tex losing 2-3kg into a sledge of Tex. Essentially to him it meant Tex isn't professional and shouldn't have presented overweight last year. That makes him not a good captain, etc
Or it might have something to do with him not being able to run for a few months.

Thetrader15

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide

Kane was turning Dougies quote about players being in shape and Tex losing 2-3kg into a sledge of Tex. Essentially to him it meant Tex isn't professional and shouldn't have presented overweight last year. That makes him not a good captain, etc.

Clearly him losing weight is because we are taking a different tact with his body going more lean and losing some muscle bulk, not because he was lazy and overweight before. Kane DID acknowledge this after a caller called him out but that was me done. More of the same of kanes pot stirring (he clearly knows better and that players have different programs that may be designed to bilk them up or slim them down - Gee Roo was fat and lazy under Shaw wasn't he) that will always just pander toward port supporters and trying to get a bite out of crow supporters (which works for a bit but then wears thin to the point you tune out)

EDIT: plus sound quality was poor, which was strangely the only saving grace
The caller wasn't Motslop was it?

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
That’s not even it, it’s well documented Tex didn’t have a preseason due to his foot, the same one that derailed his season and the same one he had operated on. Now he can train and guess what he’s lost weight.

Yes the hatred is very real, shockingly the hate extends to players down the swamp..... many dont like him.

jumboprince

FLACCID MEMBER
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yahl Cricket Club

Plus he's drinking Coronas with lime now. I mean if I was drinking those, I'd chuck after every mouthful, so you know it'd help with losing weight :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I liked Tim as a presenter.
He tends to be a touch like Rowe ....but he toned it down yesterday, but still a bit too much of a WA influence in the show ......but these guys will learn ....Cornes is better on his Melb Friday morning show, not a lot of Sth Aust talk

Thetrader15

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can’t imagine they would, not many players give up on their teammates during a season.
But he had a once in a lifetime opportunity to live his boyhood dream as a firefighter - he's always wanted to join and live the rest of his life as part of their family

Oh wait, what do you mean he quit that as well?

1970crow

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
I can’t imagine they would, not many players give up on their teammates during a season.
That was a strange episode. Your 300 game legacy is immediately tarnished and you’ve shat on your teammates. And for what? Getting into an intake that will occur again in 12 months anyway. Even though you’ve already got irons in the fire that will result in you not being able to commit to the result of that recurring intake anyway.

It had the the forward planning and decision making characteristics of Ben Cousins at the arse end of a 4 day ice bender. WTF was he thinking? Wanker.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also I just can’t fathom how Hutchy thinks Kornes pissing off Crows supporters is going to work. I just don’t get it.
He's going with the logic that pissing people off generates interest. It's pretty much Hutchy's MO, so no surprise he's getting Kornes to follow in his footsteps. Given Hutchy's hold on the AFL media, I think he has a decent idea of what he's doing. I still think he and Kane are both knobheads, but he does know how to play the dirty media game well.

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's going with the logic that pissing people off generates interest. It's pretty much Hutchy's MO, so no surprise he's getting Kornes to follow in his footsteps. Given Hutchy's hold on the AFL media, I think he has a decent idea of what he's doing. I still think he and Kane are both knobheads, but he does know how to play the dirty media game well.
That might work in a town with lots of teams, but when you are broadcasting to a market dominated by one team, to annoy those supporters makes no sense.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
That might work in a town with lots of teams, but when you are broadcasting to a market dominated by one team, to annoy those supporters makes no sense.
I'm perfectly fine with Kornes and Hutchi failing. I won't be tuning in to SEN any time soon.

Kristof

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Agree with that .....but if Faith is correct that Rowe makes $350K for the show, footy calling, and the fishing show, .....it's still more than what was being claimed .....and reinforces that Tredrea coming over to 5AA for a mere $20K salary increase, was proposterous
He's not correct.

Top Bottom