Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilson and Hutchinson arguing over the debate/non-debate around shifting the GF this year to a twilight start. Wilson claims that when Gillon made the statement of a decision pending that there wasn't. The commission already agreed it will not change this year. Wilson went on to claim that this was used as a smoke screen by Gillon to shift focus away from other negative topics around AFL in the media (Gillon's salary, drugs, etc). Sounds very plausible... I thought Caro was in the AFL's pocket, or has that changed?

She also went on to accuse Hutchinson of being in their pocket to defend Gillon, due to his media contracts. That also sounds very plausible.

I like it when the media eat their own. Better that targeting AFC...

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/...e/news-story/54a35c17d29ee006bb2f5324339535c0

It's possible that the SMA initially questioned their temporary license, but they haven't stopped Port from obtaining a permanent licence.

Port have chosen not to because it's not cost effective for them.

Pembo on AA this morning read out a letter from AO SMA to Tennis SA in support of powa gaining a liquor licence to use at their GDV at the tennis Centre, back in 2016. Puts evidence of the SMA backing the powa out there.

Over to Keith and the powa to respond....

Powa.... Always playing the victim. **shakes head**

Pembo on AA this morning read out a letter from AO SMA to Tennis SA in support of powa gaining a liquor licence to use at their GDV at the tennis Centre, back in 2016. Puts evidence of the SMA backing the powa out there.

Yeah, Nah.

SMA have not been honest in this case - Andrew Daniels is as dodgy as Olsen:
https://indaily.com.au/news/2019/03...-ovals-cheap-beer-ultimatum-to-port-Adelaide/

All that letter said is they wouldn’t oppose a liquor license given they get to have input into the conditions on it.
I wouldn’t trust the SMA one bit.

I'm usually anti-SMA, anti-SANFL and all of that, and this is probably just my anti-Port stance but why would they think the SMA would be cool with them selling cheap drinks alongside the ground they are contracted to play out of. More drinks outside = less inside = Crows eventually some how make up the difference?

I mean don't get me wrong, I don't blame them for trying and I think the stadium prices are ridiculous but of course they are going to object, and definitely not going to go out of their way to help Port.

At one point Port was trying to cash in on our home games with Kochies Live At The Drive concert series. Again, good on them for trying, but I doubt they would have got our support and why would we.

Last edited:
All that letter said is they wouldn’t oppose a liquor license given they get to have input into the conditions on it.
I wouldn’t trust the SMA one bit.

The letter also stated....

“For the benefit of all relevant stakeholders and to avoid any unnecessary uncertainty as to arrangements for these events, I invite you to encourage the Port Adelaide Football Club to make applications for limited licences … as a matter of urgency,”

That to me is supporting it. Not just stating they wouldn't oppose.

I think both parties are just as dodgy.

I'm usually anti-SMA, anti-SANFL and all of that, and this is probably just my anti-Port stance but why would they think the SMA would be cool with them selling cheap drinks alongside the ground they are contracted to play out of. More drinks outside = less inside = Crows eventually some how make up the difference?

I mean don't get me wrong, I don't blame them for trying and I think the stadium prices are ridiculous but of course they are going to object, and definitely not going to go out of their way to help Port.

At one point Port was trying to cash in on our home games with Kochies Live At The Drive concert series. Again, good on them for trying, but I doubt they would have got our support and why would we.
Yes, for better or worse that's how liquor licensing works. You don't get to just set up right next door to another licensed premises without question or input/negotiation.

I don’t see it. The new kick in rule will benefit the brave. We’ve never been anything resembling brave from kick ins. I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t just allow us to go longer but still right. Maybe long and left every now and then. But I highly doubt that you’ll see much of Smithers pounding one quickly to a contest in the square somewhere.
I don’t think the kick in rule will benefit the brave anymore than the original rule. The benefit of getting the ball over the back of the zone is the same.

What the new kick in rule will do is spread the zone so shorter precise kicks will be available and these could be 40-50 out rather than 20-30 out under the old rules.

I still wonder if all this chest beating by KT and the SMA is a sideshow/but if theatre to escape the real issue. That being a request for our clubs to have a seat on the SMA board.

In the greater scheme of things the SMA bullying Port out of the Game Day Village is a minor issue.

Let's not forget Olsen appointed KT as Port CEO. Yes the SMA have wronged Port and may put their hand up and admit. Then claim all is better now.

KT gets some hero worship from Tealsters for standing up to the SMA. He ain't stupid. He knows he is not a popular CEO among the masses.

If the end game of all this chest puffery is a seat in the Board I will say I was wrong.

However I fear the flipside and the SMA will continue to run over both our clubs and we have no say on major decisions there despite being the Chief revenue earners at the venue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KT gets some hero worship from Tealsters for standing up to the SMA. He ain't stupid. He knows he is not a popular CEO among the masses.

KT was seen as a hero for squeezing more game day revenue out of the SMA after the first year at AO. All that happened was prices went up so overall no one lost out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who gets the majority of the income from food and drink sales at the ground in the current agreements?
If it is the clubs then it would be no issue port undercutting outside the ground, but if thats where the SMA get the majority of their match day income then I can see/understand them having an issue with it

Vomit.

Hutchy creating a a job for his mate.
968fe34e6f892db8b3fef26075063be6.jpg

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Since moving to SEN Kano and Rucci have no impact on my enjoyment of Footy at all. The only exposure I get to them is what people post here.

It's great.

However whilst the novelty of KG and Cornsey was good the first week or two it is already getting tiresome. I do wish someone like Tredders was in that spot.

Maybe Will Goodings moving to sport? I listen to the AA breakfast show and dont mind him. Not a massive fan of Pembo. But that show is a good mix of serious news and light heartedness, ie between ABC and MMM.

That sounds like it'll be a Victorian version of the Crows Show.

Vomit.

Hutchy creating a a job for his mate.
968fe34e6f892db8b3fef26075063be6.jpg

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Since moving to SEN Kano and Rucci have no impact on my enjoyment of Footy at all. The only exposure I get to them is what people post here.

It's great.

However whilst the novelty of KG and Cornsey was good the first week or two it is already getting tiresome. I do wish someone like Tredders was in that spot.

Maybe Will Goodings moving to sport? I listen to the AA breakfast show and dont mind him. Not a massive fan of Pembo. But that show is a good mix of serious news and light heartedness, ie between ABC and MMM.

I've got no interest in consuming any media produced by Crocmedia.

Not interested in tabloid shite.

Probably more a Victorian version of the Footy SA/Footy WA shows. Hopefully that means we never get to see The Oval Office here.
Fair call. I have to admit I've only vaguely heard of those shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back