Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 686517

Still no evidence that anyone out there is listening to SEN.

5AA drive has dropped .5% compared to the same period last year.

Triple M drive has dropped 2.1% compared to the same period last year.

Some of that 2.6% of 5AA and Triple M drive listeners more than likely would have crossed over to SEN, they wouldn't have a big audience but I am sure there are a few people enjoying their Port Power echo chamber station.

5AA drive has dropped .5% compared to the same period last year.

Triple M drive has dropped 2.1% compared to the same period last year.

Some of that 2.6% of 5AA and Triple M drive listeners more than likely would have crossed over to SEN, they wouldn't have a big audience but I am sure there are a few people enjoying their Port Power echo chamber station.
A lot of those drops would also be like me which is just listening to other podcasts instead (not SEN ones)

The MMM sport show split time with the rubbish in between turned me away from that and 5AA I can’t stand now.

I’ve got a collection of podcasts which pretty much see me through my working week travel without listening to radio

Sportsday SA is on 5AA so an increase in their ratings isn't a great result for SEN, it also shows that sans Kane Cornes the show's market has actually increased.

As for page views on the app, they also have sport news etc on there so once again absolutely no connection at all the Adelaide station

Logic suggests that if they were growing in SA that it would be bigger news to trumpet rather than the growth of a syndicated show that airs on a rival station.
It's about total organization achievements .....stop with this small town "isolated" mentality .....I'm in Melbourne, but that has no reflection on what I watch or listen to these days .....I watch American shows, read American papers ...and choose daily, which SEN program Adelaide or Melb I listen too

Why is it so hard to grasp a global media world these days ???

It's about total organization achievements .....stop with this small town "isolated" mentality .....I'm in Melbourne, but that has no reflection on what I watch or listen to these days .....I watch American shows, read American papers ...and choose daily, which SEN program Adelaide or Melb I listen too

Ba ha ha ha. Relatively, nobody listens to SEN SA. Get over yourself.

So why bother with SEN Adelaide then. Why not just broadcast the Melbourne SEN on the radio frequency and SEN app.

It is better anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So why bother with SEN Adelaide then. Why not just broadcast the Melbourne SEN on the radio frequency and SEN app.

It is better anyway.

Because of the obvious requirement for local content .....but the cost efficiencies are obtained via national broadcast shows & interviews 5AA will simply never obtain

SEN is for lovers of a broad spectrum of sport

Because of the obvious requirement for local content .....but the cost efficiencies are obtained via national broadcast shows & interviews 5AA will simply never obtain

There is no requirement for local content on an app.

Is there such a thing for a broadcast? Surely that could be covered just be splicing in local news reports and advertising.

If SEN adelaide wanted us to listen to their local content, then find people & content we actually would like to listen to.

I haven't listened & doubt I ever will.

It appears most people think the same way, so their strategy isn't working.

I am far from a lover of AA either. I basically just to the interviews they put up in podcast form. It is the guff that I don't like.

Although I do listen to their breakfast show. Not sure I could stomach my Weetbix listening to Kano.

Before Crapmedia SEN used.to be really good. It was not very tabloid and they had some great discussions.

Well ....I guess all th Doomsdayers are wrong .....guess what, they're growing

Umm SEN in Melbourne continues to go down.
Have a look at the ratings in the same survey before Hutchy around.
It's been a steady decline.

That's all Hutchy spin.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

So for all those who threw **** at the App and complained about getting the signal in Adelaide ......get up to speed with the real world

Specifically, the SEN app has the following results:
• 12.7M screen views (up 106.9% on same period 2018)
• 129K app users (up 56.9% on same period 2018)
• 4.2M audio streams

Crocmedia’s Adelaide show Sportsday SA, starring Malcolm Blight and David Wildy, is also number 1 for Males 30+ with a 12.6% share.

The increases were for Crocmedia, the organization .....a lot of the VIC based shows are heard in Adelaide .....that's how you get economy of scale
Those app numbers mean very little without figures on what other apps for other radio stations are receiving plus radio apps.

Also SEN Adelaide isn't available on tune in or radioapp yet.

There is no requirement for local content on an app.

Is there such a thing for a broadcast? Surely that could be covered just be splicing in local news reports and advertising.

Each state, in respect to AFL content, demands local content .....failure to provide by a sports station would be madness

Breakfast sports is a strong segment .....people want to hear/ discuss the games / issues on the way to work

I actually think SENSA hasn’t been too bad. I don’t listen a lot in the morning and Rucc and Dillon is ok. Dillon seems to do pretty well at reigning in Rucc’s snarky side and holds him accountable.
I’ve given MMM a try over the years and have never been able to stomach it and AA is just getting worse to the point of being cringeworthy.

As Tex Danger said, I’ve got downloaded podcasts on my phone I can listen to if things get boring or inane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those app numbers mean very little without figures on what other apps for other radio stations are receiving plus radio apps.

Also SEN Adelaide isn't available on tune in or radioapp yet.

Why would they ??? .....they're pushing their own apps, not other apps

I actually think SENSA hasn’t been too bad. I don’t listen a lot in the morning and Rucc and Dillon is ok. Dillon seems to do pretty well at reigning in Rucc’s snarky side and holds him accountable.
I’ve given MMM a try over the years and have never been able to stomach it and AA is just getting worse to the point of being cringeworthy.

As Tex Danger said, I’ve got downloaded podcasts on my phone I can listen to if things get boring or inane.
Same ....interesting, I used to simply listen to 5AA interviews on Soundcloud ....but they've been removed, trying to be too clever by half, when media is becoming more accessible, but with advertising laced in :rolleyes:

Each state, in respect to AFL content, demands local content .....failure to provide by a sports station would be madness

Breakfast sports is a strong segment .....people want to hear/ discuss the games / issues on the way to work
Thanks for clarifying that with your professional knowledge.

Better get Hutchy's coffee and muffins. You know how grumpy he gets without them in the AM.

With podcasts, what footy related podcasts do people listen to?

I tend to listen to a mix of AFL fantasy and real footy with my mix including
- Coaches Panel, and The traders AFL Fantasy Podcasts for my fsntasy fix
- Hardball Gets (mostly the early week review show and 2minute warning mid week pod)
- CrowCast for my crows fix

Any good ones people recommend?

- Hardball Gets (mostly the early week review show and 2minute warning mid week pod)

I've been enjoying Trends from AFL.com.au, some episodes better than others but it's pretty interesting for a 20-30 minute show

Thanks for clarifying that with your professional knowledge.

Better get Hutchy's coffee and muffins. You know how grumpy he gets without them in the AM.

I’m onto it now ;) .... he hates luke warm coffee

Why would they ??? .....they're pushing their own apps, not other apps

I think what we know about Apps so far is that people like to be able to choose how they want to listen to something.

In regards to podcasts for example people like to use their particularly podcast player. I like Podcast Addict, I have friends that like other podcast players like Spotify as that's where they get their music. If you limit yourself to one platform you are destroying a potential market of listeners.

SEN limiting themselves to their app only is just silly, also if there is an issue with the app the SEN techies would want to be onto it fairly quickly.

Podcasts:

Titus O'reily
CrowCast
Crowject and other Crows Podcasts sometimes.

A little bit of 5aa and MMM.
I'd flick to SENSA to check it out if my radio could receive their frequency. But when I'm driving to a from work I don't bother with bluetooth even though I could if I wanted to.

I think what we know about Apps so far is that people like to be able to choose how they want to listen to something.

In regards to podcasts for example people like to use their particularly podcast player. I like Podcast Addict, I have friends that like other podcast players like Spotify as that's where they get their music. If you limit yourself to one platform you are destroying a potential market of listeners.

SEN limiting themselves to their app only is just silly, also if there is an issue with the app the SEN techies would want to be onto it fairly quickly.
What you're saying makes sense for podcasts ....I must be old fashioned, as I like an app for each radio station .....just find them moire stable, but that's just a personal opinion

What you're saying makes sense for podcasts ....I must be old fashioned, as I like an app for each radio station .....just find them moire stable, but that's just a personal opinion
Yeah whereas I have downloaded apps for particular radio stations and always go back to tune in.

Also SEN Adelaide needs to be available on google homes too. Which it's not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back