Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All afternoon they talked rain and cold for the footy on all radio stations. Not a drop.
They also said earlier in the week the grass carparks at AO wouldn't be open due to the rain-they were, but half empty.
I got there with 80 minutes before the bounce expecting to have to fight for a seat in the Western Stand, not so. My mates and I had half a row to stretch out on with no-one in the seats directly in front of us.
Thursday night meant none of my kids could come, it was 11 by the time I got home.
Thursday night means county fans are less likely to come.
Thursday night in the middle of winter??
At half time I was wondering why I had bothered to come as well. Second half thankfully was well and truly worth it.

All afternoon they talked rain and cold for the footy on all radio stations. Not a drop.
They also said earlier in the week the grass carparks at AO wouldn't be open due to the rain-they were, but half empty.
I got there with 80 minutes before the bounce expecting to have to fight for a seat in the Western Stand, not so. My mates and I had half a row to stretch out on with no-one in the seats directly in front of us.
Thursday night meant none of my kids could come, it was 11 by the time I got home.
At half time I was wondering why I had bothered to come as well. Second half thankfully was well and truly worth it.

In 2016 we got just over 37,000 at AO for a Thursday night game vs North.
Same situation as last night, heavy rain (a storm maybe) was forecast but not a drop happened during the game.
Similar situation again with our Friday night vs Bulldogs last year, heavy rain forecast (and did happen) and 39,000 was our crowd.
The weather will always dictate a crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They do it all the time. I remember a Footy Park game, years ago, KG was blathering on about how foul the weather was going to be - i checked the forecast about 2 hours before the game, looked at the clearing sky to the west, and.... off I went, and it was just fine. The infamous North game more recently is another example.

People have very pessimistic views about the weather and they make go - no go decisions hours in advance when it's raining. Fact is, we rarely have truly foul weather during the 3 hours of the actual game.

You should never take any notice of radio or TV weather info: they just try to exaggerate.
Just go to the sites like weatherzone: I did this from NSW and pointed out here the day before that there would be no rain during the match. Doing this and interpreting the radar yourself is much more accurate than believing the w***ers in the media, much like regarding football itself.

Quality post.
Don't forget his selflessness in his AFL career where he chose to stop playing immediately after his 300th game to give some rookies a go and realise their dream.

Like Slippery Pete said he made the ultimate sacrifice and as time fades the pages in our book of memories, we will recognise and celebrate the things he went without out so that we can all have the things we have now.

We also commemorate the fact that he just happened to end his career on 300 games and we don't acknowledge or pay lip service to the faceless trolls who snipe that he only finished on 300 so he can use this stat to beef up his media credibility, persona and profile.

Like Slippery Pete said he made the ultimate sacrifice and as time fades the pages in our book of memories, we will recognise and celebrate the things he went without out so that we can all have the things we have now.

We also commemorate the fact that he just happened to end his career on 300 games and we don't acknowledge or pay lip service to the faceless trolls who snipe that he only finished on 300 so he can use this stat to beef up his media credibility, persona and profile.
They should name something after him - like a fire truck, maybe.

Kaney McKaneface.

You should never take any notice of radio or TV weather info: they just try to exaggerate.
Just go to the sites like weatherzone: I did this from NSW and pointed out here the day before that there would be no rain during the match. Doing this and interpreting the radar yourself is much more accurate than believing the ******s in the media, much like regarding football itself.
I didn't, but plenty of people did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

41k not bad on a cold Thursday. Country people and late night shopping must impact. Crazy to have a game on week night.
I think the point about a Saturday night game followed by a Thursday night is relevant.

I wonder how many would have turned up if we hadnt just played at home?

I think the point about a Saturday night game followed by a Thursday night is relevant.

I wonder how many would have turned up if we hadnt just played at home?

Maybe a small issue but how many work in retail with late night shopping?

Thursday night is late night suburban shopping. Could be a few hundred to a thousand

https://m.afl.com.au/video/2019-06-16/is-arrogance-a-worry-for-this-side-thats-achieved-nothing

Kane’s Expert Opinion about the Port Loss
“This side has achieved nothing”
“You should be careful when this kind of arrogance is creeping into your game”

If you thought he was talking about Port, you would be wrong. Smashing Freo for not playing finals since 2015 and getting ahead of themselves. Massive lols Kano.

On Jonas not coming off for a concussion test after being knocked out by his own teammate

“You have got the captain of your club brushing you off (the doctor) and saying your okay so there’s got to be some trust there” as to why the doctor didn’t take Jonas off for a concussion test. I know he is one-eyed, but if any other club, and definitely the crows tried this, he would talk about it all week until after selections.

Final bit of infinite wisdom from Kano. He uses the fact that Ebert has had multiple weeks off to show that Port take concussion seriously. Beyond cooked. Ebert wouldn’t be taking that much time off if they hadn’t mistreated his multiple concussions before.

https://m.afl.com.au/video/2019-06-16/is-arrogance-a-worry-for-this-side-thats-achieved-nothing

If you thought he was talking about Port, you would be wrong. Smashing Freo for not playing finals since 2015 and getting ahead of themselves. Massive lols Kano.

On Jonas not coming off for a concussion test after being knocked out by his own teammate

“You have got the captain of your club brushing you off (the doctor) and saying your okay so there’s got to be some trust there” as to why the doctor didn’t take Jonas off for a concussion test. I know he is one-eyed, but if any other club, and definitely the crows tried this, he would talk about it all week until after selections.

Final bit of infinite wisdom from Kano. He uses the fact that Ebert has had multiple weeks off to show that Port take concussion seriously. Beyond cooked. Ebert wouldn’t be taking that much time off if they hadn’t mistreated his multiple concussions before.
Why does this flog get a voice?

Does my head in

Hahahahaha

He’s a flog

I laughed at this, had to check - in that same time, Port made the finals once.

Geez. He’s running with the same “arrogance” stuff from Freo on the Sunday Footy Show, and (rightly) getting smashed by the panel for it.

Keep going Kano. Just keep posting. It’s the kids that are wrong.

Kane always struggles to put a Crows player into his Sunday C9 team of the week. Brouch surely deserved a place even on the bench after his 40+ possession game and ROB should get a mention.

I was shocked not to hear more about the Jonas brushing off the concussion test.

Surely he should have been tested.
Port do this all the time.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Disappointed he only came in at 3rd spot, at least 2nd would have been more fitting for the Kane Toad.
An SEN survey too, their own listeners can’t stand him 🥳
b9f766291f5d302a0c86445995b0046a.jpg

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back