Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are some of you guys shooting the messenger?

Shoot the message if you can.

But the fact that you don't like the messenger is irrelevant

So who says he is right? Where is his evidence? Its easy to throw mud and hope some of it sticks.
He is trolling cause he knows he will never have any hard evidence to refute his claims.

Nah. We were well run once and that reputation seems to have lived on but we're a dumpster fire now.

We started out with Bob Hammond and Bill Sanders as chairman and CEO. These guys had impeccable football pedigree going back decades in the SANFL.

Unfortunately as they moved on we fell into a trap of promoting from within that has defined our culture. We ended up with Steven Trigg, our media manager and a former HR manager and school teacher as CEO and Rob Chapman, a banker, as chairman.

They ran us into the ground. They are more about media image and financials than football administration, which speaks to their backgrounds.

They orchestrated the Tippet affair that cost us two years of draft picks plus Tippet himself for no compensation. Neither resigned or were fired.

Later Ricciuto joined the board. We all thought he would use his popularity to clean out the club. He started well, got rid of Trigg, but has since settled into the existing culture and used his position to get jobs for his mates.

We now have an utterly incompetent football department overseen by a CEO with no football experience.

We have become a shelter for former players with no relevant experience for their roles.

Nigel Smart (COO), Brett Burton (head of football), Mark Ricciuto (board), Rod Jameson (board), Matthew Clarke (assistant coach), Ben Hart (forward coach) and probably more I can't recall. Tried to get Simon Goodwin as coach too. It's fully inbred down there.

I once worked at a school that had 13 old scholars in management & leadership positions. They all graduated school within about 5 years of each other. Can you guess how many new or fresh ideas they had? Or how they dealt with suggestions that weren't part of how their experience at school was? It was a complete shambles.

The AFC is exactly the same. Many people in roles within the club that all came from the same 'school'. They are all disciples of Neil Craig and still fully believe his philosophies work (despite all evidence to the contrary). Of course if you come in external to that belief, how long do you think you will last?? If you dare question it, or suggest something alternative? Gone.
There are reasons Francou and Teague left (as well as many others).

Until we have a critical mass of non-Craig's within the club, we are left repeating mistakes of the past. In other words, we have a LONG way to go.

As a neutral (and someone who hates Cornes with a passion), I found his comments surprisingly informed last night. Seemed to know exactly what was happening and highlighted not just the players, but the assistant coaches that walked out mid tenure. This comment is even more surprising to me, hearing that Walker would instruct the coach and not the other way around.

Always thought you were a well run club, especially surrounding the issues that arose in the wake of Phil Walsh's untimely passing and way it was handled with aplomb. Didn't know the issues ran this deep though.

As I said in another thread I'm starting to think Walker has to much power at this club. It sounding abit like the dog is happy to sit back and let the tail wag it.

So who says he is right? Where is his evidence? Its easy to throw mud and hope some of it sticks.
He is trolling cause he knows he will never have any hard evidence to refute his claims.

Quality people are walking out the door. Isn't that enough evidence..

I once worked at a school that had 13 old scholars in management & leadership positions. They all graduated school within about 5 years of each other. Can you guess how many new or fresh ideas they had? Or how they dealt with suggestions that weren't part of how their experience at school was? It was a complete shambles.

The AFC is exactly the same. Many people in roles within the club that all came from the same 'school'. They are all disciples of Neil Craig and still fully believe his philosophies work (despite all evidence to the contrary). Of course if you come in external to that belief, how long do you think you will last?? If you dare question it, or suggest something alternative? Gone.
There are reasons Francou and Teague left (as well as many others).

Until we have a critical mass of non-Craig's within the club, we are left repeating mistakes of the past. In other words, we have a LONG way to go.
St Peters always was an institution that has epitomised a level elitism and nepotism that was and is completely out of tune with Adelaide, Australia and main stream society in general

Ok .. not from the usual suspects .. however Craig Hutchison started a long winded dialogue this evening criticising Ruccuito and claiming he is trying to influence player trading via the media. Apparently this is unethical behaviour .. go figure.

So according to Mark Hutchison, Mark Ruccuito and Adelaide very bad, very unethical

Moments later on MH's award winning "Footy Classified" program the conversation moves onto the Gold Coast Suns and some of the problems they are experiencing. Fair enough. Expect then MH asks Chris Judd on his opinion on whether or not the GCS are deserving of a number 1 priority pick in the draft. Chris Judd umms and aahs and then declares "no, I don't think GC should awarded a pick 1 PP, but they do deserve a PP, maybe pick after pick 10 in the draft". He continues on to build a case of why this is the best option.

So anyway, what the absolute *en does that mean. Carlton board member Chris Judd essentially replying to MH stating GC can have a PP as long as its after the first round pick Carlton expect to receive from Adelaide

*en lol .. they don't even understand their own hypocrisy

Last edited:
Forget about Cornes. He is just a non event masquerading as a journalist. He's not liked by players and coaches throughout the industry. He is right about most of his stuff he has gone with as Francou would have told him and any moron knows the crows have major issues. The club has neglected the football side of the business as it's truly not interested about on field success. They know a flag will not dramatically effect their bottom line which is all they care about. The root problem was sewn when the club was set up and incorporated. I believe there should have been 2 brand new clubs setup with the 10 sanfl clubs split between the 2 clubs creating a better rivalry and true accountability. Both clubs would have needed to be well run to win over supporters. The way it was hastily setup resulted in 80% percent of the public supporting one club. This in the long run has not done the club any favours as it has become lazy and incompetent with jobs for the boys and snouts in the trough. I know that Chapman will not go down without a fight. This incompetent is the root cause of all our problems and the club will not heal until he is gone. Supporters should boycott home games until he is ousted. Even he would not withstand that.

Last edited:
We know he is a flog..but that flog is on radio and football tv shows and each time he raises issues and they are panel discussed it puts pressure on the club as no one likes dirty laundry aired in public
We may not like it but sometimes you need it

Ok .. not from the usual suspects .. however Craig Hutchison started a long winded dialogue this evening criticising Ruccuito and claiming he is trying to influence player trading via the media. Apparently this is unethical behaviour .. go figure.

So according to Mark Hutchison, Mark Ruccuito and Adelaide very bad, very unethical

Moments later on MH's award winning "Footy Classified" program the conversation moves onto the Gold Coast Suns and some of the problems they are experiencing. Fair enough. Expect then MH asks Chris Judd on his opinion on whether or not the GCS are deserving of a number 1 priority pick in the draft. Chris Judd umms and aahs and then declares "no, I don't think GC should awarded a pick 1 PP, but they do deserve a PP, maybe pick after pick 10 in the draft". He continues on to build a case of why this is the best option.

So anyway, what the absolute fu**en does that mean. Carlton board member Chris Judd essentially replying to MH stating GC can have a PP as long as its after the first round pick Carlton expect to receive from Adelaide

fu**en lol .. they don't even understand their own hypocrisy
CH the fat campaigner can SMD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm putting playing group ahead of Pyke on that list. Their sense of entitlement and choosing when to turn up is disgusting.

It's hard to emphasise just how much the tail wags the dog at West Lakes.

Like when Walsh arrived and wanted to make certain changes around player behaviour and was told in no uncertain terms by Walker that wouldn't fly at this club.

Ha, don't you realise your first sentence reflects poorly on the coach who keeps selecting these players.

It is 100% coaching panel, they are too weak willed allowing the players and the board to dictate selection/direction/style.

You can say the players (& board) shouldn't influence the coaching panel and they are part of the problem, but if the coaches (senior coach) had some gumbtion it wouldn't matter.

Why are some of you guys shooting the messenger?

Shoot the message if you can.

But the fact that you don't like the messenger is irrelevant

There's a car crash going on in Adelaide.

There's no bonus points for the village idiot for noticing a pile of tangled wreckage.

I'm putting playing group ahead of Pyke on that list. Their sense of entitlement and choosing when to turn up is disgusting.

It's hard to emphasise just how much the tail wags the dog at West Lakes.

Like when Walsh arrived and wanted to make certain changes around player behaviour and was told in no uncertain terms by Walker that wouldn't fly at this club.

You don’t think they’re a product of the system? Tex should have been dropped but instead we’ve got Pyke saying he’s not being selected for his football, he does other things. It’s the Noble non-statistical role bullshit all over again. We’ve created their attitudes, Capman, Trigg, Noble have passed it down and morons like Pyke embrace it.

SEN SA are talking up some big announcements. I suspect one will be they will take all the Cricket this summer not just selected games which is good given FiveAA won't be again.

I also wonder now Croc Media own all these extra licences if the local SENSA shows will be networked around the state.

Can't say I'd waste my time with that.

I didn't even think port had a team back then they were so irrelevant

This is interesting...I’m wondering this interview was requested by Kornes, his Management or SEN as a result of the constant negative publicity he receives due to his constant s**t stirring. I reckon they want the listeners to hear the other side to him and his history otherwise why conduct a podcast like this on him?

I’m of the opinion that his declining popularity is starting to felt by him, his management and his employers and subsequently being the butt of so many jokes. Surely he is starting to become a liability to his media employers now?
Do we know how SEN morning ratings are going?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back