Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a difference between the media/fans and the club.

Kane said a few weeks ago if we don't make the GF it is a choke. The media feeds the high expectation and just think it will happen...." can you feel it".

I expect the club to have similar expectations, but realise that it takes work and planning to get there.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
I read Kornes article unfortunately. His whole basis of saying the Crows were getting ahead of themselves was from what Bickley and Rowie said.

It was just complete nonsense.

Get Tredrea on 5aa
Yeah that would be good. His spot on MMM leaves you wanting more of that topic discussion than Lewie talking to the 'family'. His AA selection spot, the articles and the Nine gig seems to be filling his time how he likes it.

Yeah that would be good. His spot on MMM leaves you wanting more of that topic discussion than Lewie talking to the 'family'. His AA selection spot, the articles and the Nine gig seems to be filling his time how he likes it.
Make him an offer he can't refuse

Not a fan of Rowe? "OW BOY, OW BOY, SKIPPIDY I CAN FEEL IT!" The bloke reminds me of a hyperactive dog that won't stop running in circles.
Too many paint chips. Yeah the fall guy routine is becoming irrelevant. People deserve more.

The KC takes bicks or roweys job and becomes full time on the drive show I will stop listening to 5AA.
Anyone who is anti crow gets the flick from me. even on facebook any mate of mine and family member that is a port fan I "unfollow" all season.
its not banter anymore... its personal.

I listen to 5AA. A fair bit....always seem to miss on Casey though (KC).

From all reports he is just so anti Crows it has become rediculous. Rowey is soooo pro Crows it has become rediculous. GC with tool of the week.....is more balanced than Rowey.....and is actually okay in small doses. Bicks.....well he tries to hard to be balanced. Just once I want him to really let rip with his thoughts and feelings.....and not in a deliberately toned "Captains call". Takes the balanced cautious side too much for mine.

Someone tell me why I enjoy that show so much again? ;)
Booze?

Not a fan of Rowe? "OW BOY, OW BOY, SKIPPIDY I CAN FEEL IT!" The bloke reminds me of a hyperactive dog that won't stop running in circles.
its funny, behind closed doors, rowey is completely different to his radio persona

his radio persona is just horrible

I must admit, I do love it when he let's lose on the umpires during the game!!!

A hyperactive dog still has more between the ears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fiveaa is basically the Footy Show version of radio most nights, just a lot of nonsense really. Rarely go in depth on stuff like tactics, club politics etc. without being censored. Callers aren't allowed to criticise players "we are players people here... aww we can't let you say that". Both clearly told what they can and can not say, or think they can't say things, to the point where it negatively effects the show. Port have been very protected over the last couple of years.

The two sides of an argument, Rowe "BICK'S the AFL should leave Saturdays to the SANFL, the local leagues... the Benny Barbecues... oh boy wowee", Bickley - "that wouldn't be practical, Saturdays are a big day for the AFL, but let us know what you think..." thing, followed by two hours of calls and Rowie going off about an irrelevant topic is getting too predictable. It is like they will only get fired up on topics that don't really matter because they can't get in trouble with anyone.

I think they need to add somebody else, but Kane isn't the answer, that is just more and too much of the same. I don't mind the Tredrea/Tom Rehn/Bicks type combination suggested above, somebody who will say what they think without fear on important topics - enough substance without having to say something just to stir listeners up, somebody with a recent sports reporter/news background to bring some reality and facts to the arguments and really go in depth on an issue, and somebody with the club/player angle.

Interviews are another weakness with the current line up, most are pretty light, matey and jokey even if there is a serious topic that could be discussed instead.

That said I haven't seen the ratings, maybe the current show plays well to the intended audience, but the above is a show I'd listen to.

Last edited:
Fiveaa is basically the Footy Show version of radio most nights, just a lot of nonsense really. Rarely go in depth on stuff like tactics, club politics etc. without being censored. Callers aren't allowed to criticise players "we are players people here... aww we can't let you say that". Both clearly told what they can and can not say, or think they can't say things, to the point where it negatively effects the show. Port have been very protected over the last couple of years.

The two sides of an argument, Rowe "BICK'S the AFL should leave Saturdays to the SANFL, the local leagues... the Benny Barbecues... oh boy wowee", Bickley - "that wouldn't be practical, Saturdays are a big day for the AFL, but let us know what you think..." thing, followed by two hours of calls and Rowie going off about an irrelevant topic is getting too predictable. It is like they will only get fired up on topics that don't really matter because they can't get in trouble with anyone.

I think they need to add somebody else, but Kane isn't the answer, that is just more and too much of the same. I don't mind the Tredrea/Tom Rehn/Bicks type combination suggested above, somebody who will say what they think without fear on important topics - enough substance without having to clearly saying something just to stir listeners up, somebody with a recent sports reporter/news background to bring some reality and facts to the arguments and really go in depth on an issue, and somebody with the club/player angle.

Interviews are another weakness with the current line up, most are pretty light, matey and jokey even if there is a serious topic that could be discussed instead.

That said I haven't seen the ratings, maybe the current show plays well to the intended audience, but the above is a show I'd listen to.

Great analysis!!
I can't help but believe that the fear of turning both clubs off, restricts the ability for a credible show..... regardless of hosts

Great analysis!!
I can't help but believe that the fear of turning both clubs off, restricts the ability for a credible show..... regardless of hosts

I guess that is the advantage the Victorian shows have, they can go hard at one club, but there will always be a handful of others needing the exposure. They also have more people reporting on the clubs over there which means more things to talk about, they can pick and choose the best topics.

We have the likes of Rucci setting the agenda for the rest of the media over here, which is pretty much the same crap every day.

I'm still sure that with a bit of a rethink they could do a decent show here in SA, I'd settle for a good show in the first hour or two, and then a different tone in the last hour or something.

Where do people get this idea that Tom Rehn would be good because he speaks his mind or would make a decent point?

You lot have obviously never listened to him on 5AA over summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back