Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I always thought the issue with the GDV had to do with the license?

They were initially operating on a temporary license, but in order for it to continue they had to get a permanent license to keep the venue open.

They supposedly weren't willing to pay Tennis Australia the costs for them to obtain a license and the only reason that it's stayed open is because the SMA were allowing Port to operate it under their liquor license.

I am guessing there is more to it behind the scenes, but there is definitley an underlying sense of entitlement from Port with this because they want to operate the GDV without having to pay for a license.

I always thought the issue with the GDV had to do with the license?

They were initially operating on a temporary license, but in order for it to continue they had to get a permanent license to keep the venue open.

They supposedly weren't willing to pay Tennis Australia the costs for them to obtain a license and the only reason that it's stayed open is because the SMA were allowing Port to operate it under their liquor license.

I am guessing there is more to it behind the scenes, but there is definitley an underlying sense of entitlement from Port with this because they want to operate the GDV without having to pay for a license.

no wonder they could afford to sell cheaper beer.

no wonder they could afford to sell cheaper beer.

Again I could be wrong, but my info was that the first year or two when the drinks were really cheap was apparently because they were operating it on a cheap temporary license.

When Port found out that they would have to apply for a permanent license and Tennis Australia asked them to foot the bill they decided against that option and instead worked out a deal where they could piggyback with the SMA's liquor license and share the profits with them which is why the prices went up.

Again I could be wrong, but my info was that the first year or two when the drinks were really cheap was apparently because they were operating it on a cheap temporary license.

When Port found out that they would have to apply for a permanent license and Tennis Australia asked them to foot the bill they decided against that option and instead worked out a deal where they could piggyback with the SMA's liquor license and share the profits with them which is why the prices went up.
This sounds like something that would've actually happened.
Clearly Port are dirty that the SMA wouldn't pick up the bill

This is probably spot on - that mob always looking for freebies and handouts.

I personally think the discussion about the Game Day Village js just a smokescreen for the real issue of our clubs getting a seat on the SMA board.

KT being a former SMA employee and handed the Port CEO job by the SANFL is playing his role well.

Make it look like he is fighting the battle over the GDV, something Port are happy to drop as it cost them money to put on anyway, and he looks a hero to the Tealster minions.

Meanwhile the real issue of our clubs getting a seat on the board is swept under the rug.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He'll look like a dick if the SMA go on the offensive and can prove that Thomas is lying to the faithful.

He'll look like a dick if the SMA go on the offensive and can prove that Thomas is lying to the faithful.

It's possible that the SMA initially questioned their temporary license, but they haven't stopped Port from obtaining a permanent licence.

Port have chosen not to because it's not cost effective for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance Tex wins the Coleman. He's a quality player but he very rarely kicks bags of goals. Stupid call from Kane.

There is the potential that he could become a beast with the new 6-6-6 system, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

god hes a shitstirrer. adelaide for flag and tex for coleman.

View attachment 635326

Obvilously he is setting the bar high so that he can gloat about the Crows failing.

It reminds me of 2017 when he spent 10 weeks saying that the Crows were the best team in the comp and anything less than a GF would be a massive failure, but then inexplicably predicted us to lose every final :drunk:

We barely used the new kick in rule during JLT.

Surely we will go longer given Smithers is such a long accurate kick with Tex in the centre square.

Then have Jenkins running towards goal on the end of a Tex 60m kick.

We could kick a goal in under 8 seconds.

We barely used the new kick in rule during JLT.

Surely we will go longer given Smithers is such a long accurate kick with Tex in the centre square.

Then have Jenkins running towards goal on the end of a Tex 60m kick.

We could kick a goal in under 8 seconds.

I don't think teams are going to start bombing it as far as they can just because of the new rule, the primary aim for teams taking the kick in is still to maintain possession. The rule forces the opposition to spread their players further up the field, which in turn creates more space closer to goal, so they may start going short more.

I don't think teams are going to start bombing it as far as they can just because of the new rule, the primary aim for teams taking the kick in is still to maintain possession. The rule forces the opposition to spread their players further up the field, which in turn creates more space closer to goal, so they may start going short more.

The long kick will be used sparingly to push out the defenders to create more space for the hit-up kick at around the 50m arc, from there it will be the likes of Laird, Milera, Atkins, Smith etc to run in waves and attack from half back.

Can't wait until the season starts!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back