Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's getting lost in the mists of time. It refers to the Big Pushback by PAFC against the Crows that was going to shatter the brotherhood between the clubs, which was going to break "in the next 48 hours". :think:
There’s a fair sibling rivalry within that brotherhood. More of a family feud I would have thought.

I see Kane is once again blowing his load early by claiming six weeks into the season that Port have ended up with the best player in the draft

I seem to recall Kane telling the football world after 1 game that SPP was better than every other draftee and every other club would have massive egg on their face for not picking him.

Surely he would have learned his lesson, but obviously not because after just 6 games he's already claiming that Connor Rozee should have gone Pick 1, is apparently the next Fyfe and is going to be a better player than Sam Walsh.

Last edited:
I see Kane is once again blowing his load early by claiming six weeks into the season that Port have ended up with the best player in the draft

I seem to recall Kane telling the football world after 1 game that SPP was better than every other draftee and every other club would have massive egg on their face for not picking him.

Surely he would have learned his lesson, but obviously not because after just 6 games he's already claiming that Connor Rozee should have gone Pick 1, is apparently the next Fyfe and is going to be a better player than Sam Walsh.

Kane early call but Rozee looks something exceptional. I'd love him at our club. People like Kane who have a self interest should not be putting high expectations on him and let him develop naturally.

Tex said this morning that he’s the best kid he’s seen from debut and should be leading the rising star by daylight.
Not saying tex is right, but an interesting perspective from a rival player.

Just saw it briefly on the footy show this morning while at work and they was comparing the season averages for Walsh and Rozee and Walsh's season averages are alot better so far

Just saw it briefly on the footy show this morning while at work and they was comparing the season averages for Walsh and Rozee and Walsh's season averages are alot better so far
Playing 2 very different roles. Walsh has come in and played as an inside/outside mid racking up big numbers from game 1. Disposal a bit iffy at times, but he has run games out like a well established AFL player. Rozee has played high half forward or forward pocket. Both look future stars but their development will be 2 very different trajectories.

Kane early call but Rozee looks something exceptional. I'd love him at our club. People like Kane who have a self interest should not be putting high expectations on him and let him develop naturally.

I agree

Not saying that Rozee isn't going to be a great player, but I think it's way too early yet to be making calls that he is going to be better player than Walsh, Luko, Rankine and Max King and it puts massive pressure on Rozee when Kane is making public declarations on him after a couple of games.

Kane and many others were many also saying the same about SPP a few years ago, but three years on and we've now seen that he's just a more aggressive version of CEY and a redraft would not see him in the top 5 (maybe not even top 10), let alone pick 1 like Kane tried to claim.

Wines is another that everyone jumped on immediately before waiting to see how the other draftees develop.

Port supporters and their media shills always have a tendency to oversell their young players due to their inferiority complex so it will be interesting to see if all the hype and praise that is being lauded on Rozee will help or hinder his development moving forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statistics are an indication of activity, but perfectly meaningless in deciding these matters. My eye test tells me that it is clear that Rozee is likely to be a much more valuable player than Walsh: I would choose him in an instant for our team, given the choice.
Walsh just looks like another clean and busy accumulator, without too many tricks, albeit performing steadily from day one. Rozee, on the other hand, has shown breathtaking moments of play, with many different skills and X-factor: he will be a multiple matchwinner.

Statistics are an indication of activity, but perfectly meaningless in deciding these matters. My eye test tells me that it is clear that Rozee is likely to be a much more valuable player than Walsh: I would choose him in an instant for our team, given the choice.
Walsh just looks like another clean and busy accumulator, without too many tricks, albeit performing steadily from day one. Rozee, on the other hand, has shown breathtaking moments of play, with many different skills and X-factor: he will be a multiple matchwinner.
Which is exactly how they were both described pre-draft. Walsh is your blue-chip midfielder who's going to get his 28-36 touches a game and be a big influence on the game as a whole. Rozee (and Rankine) are your x-factor laden 12-20 touch, 2 goal excitement machines that can win a game off their own boot. But similarly will go missing periodically throughout games. Out of those 2 Rankine, imo, will be the more enigmatic livewire and Rozee will end up more consistent like R.Gray.

SEN again fails to draw a pulse in the latest radio ratings.

SEN has been one giant cluster****

Most people's AM bands don't go high enough to get the signal
Even if your band goes up high enough to get it, the actual quality of the signal is deplorable.
The station has been filled with the most polarising media personalities.

It is just a massive recipe for disaster, I am not surprised that it has failed.

SEN has been one giant cluster****

Most people's AM bands don't go high enough to get the signal
Even if your band goes up high enough to get it, the actual quality of the signal is deplorable.
The station has been filled with the most polarising media personalities.

It is just a massive recipe for disaster, I am not surprised that it has failed.
they don't care about the radio frequency. its up that high to encourage more people to use their app

use the app + ads in app = $$$

I think he is correct.

However Rozee is at Port and by the time he is 22/23 he will still be relying solely on natural talent (with other clubs figuring this out also) and not learnt much else because they have no one there to teach him.

SPP and Marshall are hitting that wall now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have a digital radio at work and another at home and I’m stuffed if I can work out how to dial SEN in. I listen to it a bit on my phone and in my car but it’s not great. The constant bad phone lines, talking over ad breaks and repeated content shows a lack of professionalism. That said, what other good options are there?
None.

they don't care about the radio frequency. its up that high to encourage more people to use their app

use the app + ads in app = $$$

Rubbish, an interview I listened to with Kane basically said Hutchy didn't realise it wouldn't be available on many traditional radios.

Rubbish, an interview I listened to with Kane basically said Hutchy didn't realise it wouldn't be available on many traditional radios.
well then. his *up has actually had a bonus monetary benefit then hasn't it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back