Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Ha, he banned me over 12 months ago.

As soon as you highlight the truth to him, he spits it!!!
mine was 5 years ago

I replied to a comment he made on twitter, then replied to me 9 or 10 times quoting some s**t that was being said on bigfooty that wasn't even me

next morning, it was all gone and he'd blocked me

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
How come Rucci is still writing articles when he was supposedly let go?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

As a younger lad, back in the 80s, before there was an Adelaide Crows i remember picking up the newspaper to read about the footy some days and thinking "who's writing this crap." There was no evident bias back then (to me at least), just a hack who was better suited to writing cheap romance novels than reporting on the footy.

BMartin 3Votes

Debutant
Feb 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Apparently Kane had a dig at the attendance last night.

How many rocked up to Port’s match against Gold Coast again?

Sat 13th of April 4:05pm - Port vs Richmond - 23 and Sunny/Perfect Weather - 38864

Thurs 14th of June 7:20pm - Crows vs Richmond - 13 and Overcast - 40837

Tell me more about your fair weather fans Kane.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need to stop this macho culture of bullying toward Kane Cornes.

You people don’t know what he has given up to tweet for a living. He could’ve been the best fireman this country has ever seen but he made the noble choice to take a lot more money and be on TV instead, where he uses his influence to call out this national scourge of those bully-boy firefighters. Who do they think they are, risking their lives for a living when Kane is changing the national landscape from his social media page?

Not an easy task what Kane’s doing, he should be commended for his supreme bravery.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Let's not sugar coat it, 41k was disappointing.
The rain the previous day probably stopped some from going. Cabaret Festival some others.
But I still would've expected more.
It is crazy having a thursday night game during the bye rounds though, 5 day breaks are ridiculous this time of year. Next game is in 16 days!

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
There was a fair bit of gnashing of teeth from him when they removed his Chief Football Writer title - there was hope he’d crack the sads and go.

The little roach dig his heels in

I don’t expect him to be there next year

Occasionally he gets a double page about Port but because he’s burnt that many bridges with AFC , he can’t be objective anymore.

He’s an uninformed troll now.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

You people don’t know what he has given up to tweet for a living. He could’ve been the best fireman this country has ever seen but he made the noble choice to take a lot more money and be on TV instead, where he uses his influence to call out this national scourge of those bully-boy firefighters. Who do they think they are, risking their lives for a living when Kane is changing the national landscape from his social media page?

Not an easy task what Kane’s doing, he should be commended for his supreme bravery.
Quality post.
Don't forget his selflessness in his AFL career where he chose to stop playing immediately after his 300th game to give some rookies a go and realise their dream.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The rain the previous day probably stopped some from going. Cabaret Festival some others.
It is crazy having a thursday night game during the bye rounds though, 5 day breaks are ridiculous this time of year. Next game is in 16 days!
Be interesting to see what our other Thursday night game attendances were.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks

I agree with this, poor turnout.

Why we insist on a Thursday night game, in bye week, in the middle of winter though is beyond me.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
41k not bad on a cold Thursday. Country people and late night shopping must impact. Crazy to have a game on week night.

I get that but it was Richmond - didn’t even look like they sent their cheer squad over!
I actually thought we’d hit 50,000 🤪

Was in the city having tea and **** all Richmond fans out and about compared to past years

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pretty sure our only sub 40,000 at Adelaide Oval was a Thursday Night in the middle of winter against North Melbourne in (i'm guessing 2016).

Horribly cold, wet and windy night and a **** game too.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2016/011220160623.html
Still went that night despite flooding during the day and snow forecast for the night in the hills

Turned out to be a perfect night !

1D075108-7326-492D-9B63-7F832C298887.jpeg

IIRC we kicked 30 behinds !
🤣🤣🤣

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
mine was 5 years ago

I replied to a comment he made on twitter, then replied to me 9 or 10 times quoting some **** that was being said on bigfooty that wasn't even me

next morning, it was all gone and he'd blocked me

Graham Cornes once bagged Rucci for banning people.

I agree completely with with Cornes.

He made the point that by banning people Rucci is just encouraging trolling on his account as people would be getting amusement from knowing that they've gotten to him.

I actually think that he also does it because deep down he loves doing it.

Also if you're using your Bigfooty handle as your twitter handle and he spots it, he'll block you. Even if you've never posted anything negative on his twitter account he'll still do it.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
It was disappointing compared to Thursday night crowds we had when we first moved to AO.

However, the crowds are decreasing. Regular 50k crowds are not happening anymore. I think 45k is the new 50k and 50k crowd is now exceptional.

The novelty of going to AO is now gone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Not all heroes wear capes.

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently Kane had a dig at the attendance last night.

How many rocked up to Port’s match against Gold Coast again?

Hahahahaha

Just.....
Hahahahaha
His club will be killing for any attendance number with a 3 at the front by end of the year !

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Graham Cornes once bagged Rucci for banning people.

I agree completely with with Cornes.

He made the point that by banning people Rucci is just encouraging trolling on his account as people would be getting amusement from knowing that they've gotten to him.

I actually think that he also does it because deep down he loves doing it.

Also if you're using your Bigfooty handle as your twitter handle and he spots it, he'll block you. Even if you've never posted anything negative on his twitter account he'll still do it.
I'm off to create some Twitter handles in the names of regular posters on the port board.:p

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
They'll be fine, it's only us who he specifically hates and targets.
Problem is he doing it for hits, to push his brand, we are better of in today world of social media not using/viewing his twitter account as his hits will drop.
ie bans a few guys from BF, Reddit etc we then mention it, other comments on his twitter page he gets more hits, and uses the data to highlight to how popular he is.

thebeedee

Club Legend
May 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts,Tottenham Hotspur
It was disappointing compared to Thursday night crowds we had when we first moved to AO.

However, the crowds are decreasing. Regular 50k crowds are not happening anymore. I think 45k is the new 50k and 50k crowd is now exceptional.

The novelty of going to AO is now gone.

Not the fact that the AFL product is not as appealing anymore?

Back