Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
anyone else with a digital radio noticed than in the 6-7 SPortsday SA time slot the Radio (at least the one in my car) still has Ben & Kane as the description. what's up with that

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
So having a listen to SEN, the were talking about Fantasia.

The bloke who wrote about McGovern last year brought up his experience writing the article. When the manager and Pyle denied it.

He commented that McGovern had an argument with Burton and Pyke and decided to leave.

For me that confirmed to me that McGovern went to the media, which says a lot about the guy.

But I'd also love to know what the argument was, was it he's too lazy or what was it?

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
So having a listen to SEN, the were talking about Fantasia.

The bloke who wrote about McGovern last year brought up his experience writing the article. When the manager and Pyle denied it.

He commented that McGovern had an argument with Burton and Pyke and decided to leave.

For me that confirmed to me that McGovern went to the media, which says a lot about the guy.

But I'd also love to know what the argument was, was it he's too lazy or what was it?
I think they were unimpressed with how his fitness was when he returned for preseason, worked him hard, he got injured, blamed them.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
... But I'd also love to know what the argument was, was it he's too lazy or what was it?
Gov wanted this

w-kfc-com-au-156-0841-e-jpg.702897

but Pyke would only let him have this
kfc-co-za-ka-ching-156-7539-e-jpg.702898

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did anyone watch AFL360 last night and listen to Chris Scott saying that the Talia v Dangerfield contest was a clear free kick to Danger? He went on to say that ANY front on contact is a free kick. Now I am sure that if you keep your eyes on the ball and run back with the flight then you are fine. Does anyone else find his thoughts on this absurd?

From his logic, the iconic marks of Nick Riewoldt and Jono Brown would be free kicks against.

Robbo tried to pull him up but Chris Scott was adamant he was right that no player can make front on contact.

Please tell me he is wrong!!!????

I’d say he’s wrong. He would hear the the umps use the words “front on contact” a fair bit so assumes it’s a free for that. If a player is genuinely attempting to mark or spoil with eyes on the ball, the contact is largely irrelevant. You often hear the player complain and the umpire say something like, “nah, didn’t have eyes for the ball”

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

BMartin 3Votes

Debutant
Feb 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
It was probably just a part of planned restructuring. He's probably still providing content as a freelancer

For those that still read the paper, you will no longer see his "expert" opinion, or non-bias match reports. /s

Unfortunately he still has a contract for digital content, including the "Roast", but that is only paid on clicks and new subscriptions (after hitting paywall).
So the quicker people stop consuming his content, the quicker it will go away.

Crowbots are dead

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Worse was yesterday morning when he suggested Adelaide might throw the Gold Coast game to help ensure we get pick 1. Went on to suggest it would be a concern for the AFL and it’d be a bad look for the competition.
F*** me.
Big shout out to those posters a week or so ago that tried to say that Kane isn’t stupid. Class A idiot.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Do Kane Cornes and Josh Francou hate each other?

Noticed that Francou was a notable absentee from Cornes' top 10 Port Power players he listed today

Fwiw, best named first:
Tredrea
Gray
Wanganeen
C Cornes
P Burgoyne
Boak
Carr
Wilson
James
Westhoff

No Francou and no Shaun Burgoyne

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Noticed that Francou was a notable absentee from Cornes' top 10 Port Power players he listed today

Fwiw, best named first:
Tredrea
Gray
Wanganeen
C Cornes
P Burgoyne
Boak
Carr
Wilson
James
Westhoff

I can imagine Kane wouldn’t he Josh’s idea of a good bloke and wouldn’t be shy in letting him know

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Fwiw, best named first:
Tredrea
Gray
Wanganeen
C Cornes
P Burgoyne
Boak
Carr
Wilson
James
Westhoff

Would have S Burgoyne in that list ahead of Westhoff and maybe Wanganeen at 2nd with Robbie Gray at 3, but agree with the rest of it

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Fwiw, best named first:
Tredrea
Gray
Wanganeen
C Cornes
P Burgoyne
Boak
Carr
Wilson
James
Westhoff

Shocked he didn't put himself in there.

Francou was better than Roger, and Roger was very good. Silks best at Port puts him ahead of Westhoff too.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Roger James, Shaun Burgoyne and Josh Francou their best 3 footballers IMO

Tredrea would have been #1 except for all the knee injuries. Still brilliant but looked the next Carey as a 19 year old.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Roger James, Shaun Burgoyne and Josh Francou their best 3 footballers IMO

Tredrea would have been #1 except for all the knee injuries. Still brilliant but looked the next Carey as a 19 year old.
Roger James had awful knees too, akin to McLeod but probably worse.

Ripping bloke, loves a bourbon or 12.

johnnypanther

BigFooty Phantom
Mar 20, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Kenilworth
Kornes top 10 power players list has Wanganeen at no 3 - Kornes' (correct) reasoning being "would be No. 1 if his whole career was spent at the Power"

This leads me to one of my biggest bugbears: how the f*** was an Adelaide Oval grandstand named after Wanganeen? :mad:
For example, McLeod's record far exceeded Wanger's. Furthermore, if they want to include Wanger's deeds with Essendon, then by that criteria, Wayne Carey would win hands-down as would Malcolm Blight.
I'm sure mainly it was done to appease port's "equal opportunity/positive discrimination" demands.

I know that i hate Port, so despite what i think as above, i would still have happily accepted the grandstand being named say after John Cahill as the port nominee.

... and whilst i'm on my AO recognitions, it is one of the great injustices that Neil Kerley has not been properly recognised - should at least have a statue there.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Not sure what his criteria was. I presume it is based on time at the Power as opposed to the best players to wear the Port jumper? That could be why S Burgoyne didn't make it.

If that is the case then Wanganeen is too high.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Not sure what his criteria was. I presume it is based on time at the Power as opposed to the best players to wear the Port jumper? That could be why S Burgoyne didn't make it.

If that is the case then Wanganeen is too high.
I agree

Either S Burgoyne is in and GW is , or they are both out.

R Gray - match winner
C Cornes - lifted his teammates
W Tredrea - professional
J Carr - the hard man you wanted in your side
T Boak - might finish career as a Brownlow winner
J Westhoff - as much as he is a source of fun he can play the game
M Wilson - makes Josh Carr look timid - nah just a courageous footballer that never looked back
J Francou - silky player that worked hard
B Pickett - When Byron is firin' players around him had room to move
P Burgoyne - satin - ie just below silk

S Burgoyne and G Wanganeen honourable mentions

Back