Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
1) administration
2) terrible footy dept inc assistant coaches
3) Pyke (though his extreme conservatism and lack of motivating intent/emotion will be his undoing)
4) playing group...though harsh calls must be made. It’s not a nice guy contest.

That’s the order of blame I have.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm putting playing group ahead of Pyke on that list. Their sense of entitlement and choosing when to turn up is disgusting.

It's hard to emphasise just how much the tail wags the dog at West Lakes.

Like when Walsh arrived and wanted to make certain changes around player behaviour and was told in no uncertain terms by Walker that wouldn't fly at this club.

TGFC

All Australian
Oct 24, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The problem with Cornes saying it rather than a respected journo is the club gets to dismiss it as vitriol
Not just the club but supporters with blinkers on. We have AA's on every line of the team sheet, dropping a small forward when you have 5 fwd50 entries in 3rd qtr is gutless. Pyle said himself in the post match presser, Eddie in or out was not going to make the difference. Dropping Hugh as the only fwd who can take a contested mark is a terrible selection and finally keeth, I would bet my left nut that he demanded to be rested as he is playing for another team next year.

Noone at this club is ready to stand up and rock the boat, we have a pedestrian administration and the club and supporters are paying for it.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
I'm putting playing group ahead of Pyke on that list. Their sense of entitlement and choosing when to turn up is disgusting.

It's hard to emphasise just how much the tail wags the dog at West Lakes.

Like when Walsh arrived and wanted to make certain changes around player behaviour and was told in no uncertain terms by Walker that wouldn't fly at this club.

As a neutral (and someone who hates Cornes with a passion), I found his comments surprisingly informed last night. Seemed to know exactly what was happening and highlighted not just the players, but the assistant coaches that walked out mid tenure. This comment is even more surprising to me, hearing that Walker would instruct the coach and not the other way around.

Always thought you were a well run club, especially surrounding the issues that arose in the wake of Phil Walsh's untimely passing and way it was handled with aplomb. Didn't know the issues ran this deep though.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Always thought you were a well run club, especially surrounding the issues that arose in the wake of Phil Walsh's untimely passing and way it was handled with aplomb. Didn't know the issues ran this deep though.

Nah. We were well run once and that reputation seems to have lived on but we're a dumpster fire now.

We started out with Bob Hammond and Bill Sanders as chairman and CEO. These guys had impeccable football pedigree going back decades in the SANFL.

Unfortunately as they moved on we fell into a trap of promoting from within that has defined our culture. We ended up with Steven Trigg, our media manager and a former HR manager and school teacher as CEO and Rob Chapman, a banker, as chairman.

They ran us into the ground. They are more about media image and financials than football administration, which speaks to their backgrounds.

They orchestrated the Tippet affair that cost us two years of draft picks plus Tippet himself for no compensation. Neither resigned or were fired.

Later Ricciuto joined the board. We all thought he would use his popularity to clean out the club. He started well, got rid of Trigg, but has since settled into the existing culture and used his position to get jobs for his mates.

We now have an utterly incompetent football department overseen by a CEO with no football experience.

We have become a shelter for former players with no relevant experience for their roles.

Nigel Smart (COO), Brett Burton (head of football), Mark Ricciuto (board), Rod Jameson (board), Matthew Clarke (assistant coach), Ben Hart (forward coach) and probably more I can't recall. Tried to get Simon Goodwin as coach too. It's fully inbred down there.

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Today is the first time I've ever posted in a thread in relation to Kane Cornes. I always told myself I wouldn't. :poo:

Nov 11, 2007
Rebuilding
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kochie's 2nd fave team
Kaesler and Bode taking off as well. The chief physio left after disagreements with stubborn headed people over our proven to be diabolical fitness program. It gets forgotten now. There is disharmony there and that is a huge issue we face. Too much water under bridges and all that.

When people ask why they look like they don't care and so on, it's because they do, but deep down they don't. "Our management/coaches/guys in charge are a bunch of *******s" would be muttered numerous times inside the playing group.

They also see zero accountability above them.
Management and coaches have lost their love and trust for various reasons. I'm amazed how often it seems to be forgotten and glossed over now.

Last edited:

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
On the AFL website, on the money segment. Kane has raised all the issues which us as supporters have been asking.

I hope the blow torch is on us this week and we see heads roll.

As the saying goes, the fish rotts from the head

Hang on a minute
0C369BEF-3F90-45B2-9C5F-FCC2800A3A81.png

This ^^^^^^^ Kane Cornes??????

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nah. We were well run once and that reputation seems to have lived on but we're a dumpster fire now.

We started out with Bob Hammond and Bill Sanders as chairman and CEO. These guys had impeccable football pedigree going back decades in the SANFL.

Unfortunately as they moved on we fell into a trap of promoting from within that has defined our culture. We ended up with Steven Trigg, our media manager and a former HR manager and school teacher as CEO and Rob Chapman, a banker, as chairman.

They ran us into the ground. They are more about media image and financials than football administration, which speaks to their backgrounds.

They orchestrated the Tippet affair that cost us two years of draft picks plus Tippet himself for no compensation. Neither resigned or were fired.

Later Ricciuto joined the board. We all thought he would use his popularity to clean out the club. He started well, got rid of Trigg, but has since settled into the existing culture and used his position to get jobs for his mates.

We now have an utterly incompetent football department overseen by a CEO with no football experience.

We have become a shelter for former players with no relevant experience for their roles.

Nigel Smart (COO), Brett Burton (head of football), Mark Ricciuto (board), Rod Jameson (board), Matthew Clarke (assistant coach), Ben Hart (forward coach) and probably more I can't recall. Tried to get Simon Goodwin as coach too. It's fully inbred down there.

Your last para is most disturbing

MOST disturbing !!!!!!

Sep 8, 2008
Pacific Northwest
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Seattle Seahawks
As a neutral (and someone who hates Cornes with a passion), I found his comments surprisingly informed last night. Seemed to know exactly what was happening and highlighted not just the players, but the assistant coaches that walked out mid tenure. This comment is even more surprising to me, hearing that Walker would instruct the coach and not the other way around.

I think Josh Francou has been in his ear. Obvious inside link who would know a lot that hasn't been mentioned publicly.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Why are some of you guys shooting the messenger?

Shoot the message if you can.

But the fact that you don't like the messenger is irrelevant

Because he's fun to shoot at, because he's a class-A knob

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
you should know as well as anyone how well appreciated a slow troll is. kane has slow played us beautifully

It’s one thing to troll us - here -
But that’s his year’s picks on Fox - where all his “respected” colleagues are.

He’s the one that looks the dill.

Back