News 2020 fixture

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Should not lose any of them. And honesntly if Geelong don't make top 4 with a piss easy draw they are done. Probably good as will give a flase sense of security for 2021. West Coast Metricon os a dream. Reckon our avg winning margin there would have to be in the high 80s

TheTigerEffect

Team Captain
Sep 11, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Plenty
The Eagles at Metricon is better than Perth but idk why their fans are so annoyed by it, I think the conditions and the fact they stay up there gives them an (albeit lesser than home) advantage.

It's not like they're hosting it at the MCG.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
fu**, how scared are West Coast of playing us at a truly neutral venue? They are shitting their pants. They must know they can't beat us anywhere else.
First interstate game this season, flying out the day of the game, five day break, handy advantage for us but honestly would still prefer the game be in Perth.

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
this guy actually sums it up pretty well that it's not actually a disadvantage to WC, but actually a reasonable advantage, in this case.

We get 2 games at Metricon before the Richmond game comes around. We would have built up some degree of familiarity with the ground by that stage.

If they traveled to Perth, they would have traveled the day before the game. Now they travel up the day of the game off of a 5 day break. The trip from Melbourne to Brisbane isn't 1 hour, its 2.5 hours.

We are leaving the hub with 3 of our long haul trips (two Brisbane and one to Adelaide) done and dusted.

Richmond are playing Collingwood (contender), Hawthorn (will make finals this year- bookmark me), St Kilda at Marvel (they suck there) and Eagles in Brisbane (5 day break, with same day travel).

Given at one stage we were looking at playing Brisbane at Metricon counting as a home game.

The fixture is fair to us and there are other teams that have come out bigger losers than what we have.

but don't let facts get in the way of a salt overflow haha

Lions big winners! Play all of Eagles, Dockers, Crows and Power at the Gabba, meaning no trips into WA or SA this year.
Don't see the Weagle fans complaining about that!

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
West Coast away in QLD is one of the best things we could’ve asked for. We can’t get them in Perth now. It’s a huge leg up

Unless the WA premier changes his mind, left of centre but maybe they are trying to use the West Coast salt to swing him.

Apart from the 5 day break, it's the best time and place to play them, early in the season. Done and dusted.

dont we have to fly in on the morning of the game

wouldnt be suprised if they belted us

4 hour flight in s**t chairs

And keep in mind Dustys throne takes up 5 spaces. Rioli will be in the cargo part with Bachar and Baker :(

Now, let's cross to Gerard on AFL 360 to get his thoughts on the draw -

Wankley.jpg

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Next thing I need is the TV fixture.
Instead of Foxtel, I have invested in pints at my local for non free-to-air games.
Not sure if I'll be able to do that in the near future?
Am I at least correct in assuming Thursday night games should be televised? Or are there multiple games scheduled then?

Instead of Foxtel, I have invested in pints at my local for non free-to-air games.
Am I at least correct in assuming Thursday night games should be televised? Or are there multiple games scheduled then?

Our 3 Thursday night fixtures are broadcast on 7, and the Saints game at Marvel is a Foxtel match.

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
All of the Thursday night games are on Seven. Round 4 v St Kilda is on Fox.

First interstate game this season, flying out the day of the game, five day break, handy advantage for us but honestly would still prefer the game be in Perth.

This match is as far away from #VICBIAS as you can get. We should just be happy we are getting some footy. I think you need calm some of your brethren down on your board. Your premier has shut the borders. Not a lot which Gil and co can do. And if you had a choice of Metricon or the G, which would you take?

Back