The Fitness & Weight Loss Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure who here knows anything about poker players on youtube. but 2 of them who are brothers, one weighs 130kg the other 60kg. have a bet with someone else for the two brothers to weigh within 1 pound of each other in a year (half a kilogram). started like a month ago they're now at like 128 and 67. they have a few vlogs on youtube and my opinion the fat one doesn't seem to motivated he's just doing some ketosis diet and i don't think he's doing any running. anyway wondering how possible you guys think it is to make up a difference of 70kg between 2 people is with in a year?
their names are Jamie and Matt staples.
Well if Matt, assuming he is the 60kg one, eats enough s**t they could both weigh 150 kilos in 12 months and die winners....

My story is different to most. I have gone off exercising. I've started eating a lot more crap, well that's how I feel. I'm eating bread. Checked the scales a month or so ago and I weighed about 82kgs. In the past month I aint doing much and I weigh 83.3, I'll get back into fitness and diet but right now it's just too cold. Been eating a fair bit of ice-cream, just had a serve then, but don't feel so bad about it as I'm much better off than I was this time last year. Warning though is you can put weight on quickly at this time of the year cause it's freakin' cold and all you want to do is rug up, or snuggle up haha.

So basically last year running 10kms, it doesn't really come off, this year do nothing eat crap it falls off. :rolleyes::rolleyes: It makes no sense.

My story is different to most. I have gone off exercising. I've started eating a lot more crap, well that's how I feel. I'm eating bread. Checked the scales a month or so ago and I weighed about 82kgs. In the past month I aint doing much and I weigh 83.3, I'll get back into fitness and diet but right now it's just too cold. Been eating a fair bit of ice-cream, just had a serve then, but don't feel so bad about it as I'm much better off than I was this time last year. Warning though is you can put weight on quickly at this time of the year cause it's freakin' cold and all you want to do is rug up, or snuggle up haha.

So basically last year running 10kms, it doesn't really come off, this year do nothing eat crap it falls off. :rolleyes::rolleyes: It makes no sense.

That is likely due to changes in body composition. In the exercise realm, for the most part, our bodies responds to the stimulus you put on it. The impact that occurs whilst running is likely going to increase bone mineral density in your legs and pelvis, at least. Therefore discontinuing, your osteocytes will deconstruct those minerals and store them, use it else where, or excrete. You will also potentially lose weight as you lose lean muscle mass in the muscles used in running. In this respect, the body very much operates under the rule of "use it or lose it". So whilst body weight seems to go down, percent body fat may not be.

Gday folks,

I need a bit of advice.

Im expending more calories than Im taking in, I'm putting on muscle (4kg in the last 23 days) but my waist measurement is static.. Apart from pulling out the kitchen knife for some self surgery, is there a way I can target my belly fat?

Smokey

That is likely due to changes in body composition. In the exercise realm, for the most part, our bodies responds to the stimulus you put on it. The impact that occurs whilst running is likely going to increase bone mineral density in your legs and pelvis, at least. Therefore discontinuing, your osteocytes will deconstruct those minerals and store them, use it else where, or excrete. You will also potentially lose weight as you lose lean muscle mass in the muscles used in running. In this respect, the body very much operates under the rule of "use it or lose it". So whilst body weight seems to go down, percent body fat may not be.

Yeah but I went form 84-85 to 82. Now 83. Keeps me in good stead when I get off my arse again.

Gday folks,

I need a bit of advice.

Im expending more calories than Im taking in, I'm putting on muscle (4kg in the last 23 days) but my waist measurement is static.. Apart from pulling out the kitchen knife for some self surgery, is there a way I can target my belly fat?

Smokey

No sadly we can't control where the fat comes off, it's all patience. You could "target" by working the muscles in that area, but that doesn't work as well for your belly since your abdominal = a tiny, tiny sheet of muscle with little growth potential.

Also 4kg of muslce in 23 days is more than what steroid users put on - how are you tracking that?

Also this article tells you about probably the easiest way to improve your health <<< A lot of BS get written about how apple cider vinegar ... it apparently cures everything but one of the claims is actually true. Researchers reviewed 9 studies with 204 people and found it lowers your blood sugar response by up to 90% over time which is completely ridiculous. It's doing the rounds in dietetics circles.

Stagnated at 91.2 kg but have been eating absolutely s**t house. For context I'm 195cm and don't put on muscle easily so most of the frame is fat. Are there any calorie deficit diet plans that you particularly rate WakeUpPies ? Would like to be sitting closer to 87 or 88kgs in a month and a halfa time.

I don't do much rxplosive exercise )I know, I should) but do play volleyball, netball and basketball each week and can usually find time for one or two 5km runs each week too, so calorie expenditure probably isn't the issue.

Stagnated at 91.2 kg but have been eating absolutely s**t house. For context I'm 195cm and don't put on muscle easily so most of the frame is fat. Are there any calorie deficit diet plans that you particularly rate WakeUpPies ? Would like to be sitting closer to 87 or 88kgs in a month and a halfa time.

I don't do much rxplosive exercise )I know, I should) but do play volleyball, netball and basketball each week and can usually find time for one or two 5km runs each week too, so calorie expenditure probably isn't the issue.

My quick "effortless" answer = The best calorie deficit diet I rate would be one that you can stick to. Because the single most effective diet on the planet won't do stuff all if you can't stick to it.

So honestly if you want to go down the "diet" path, I'd look for one with a set of initial rules that you can follow, then you should tweak it to make following it easier. Most of the popular diets doing the rounds have some rules that help make eating less easier. Don't get too attached to any one method of eating. You should experiment and find what works best for you.

As a starting point I honestly think Paleo is as good as any because it gets you to eat a lot more healthy foods. You just have to ignore the rest of the nonsense they spew about it lol.

My longer answer =

Here’s what best calorie deficit diet for you would look like.

It’s called the “*Put your name in here*” diet.

• 90% of it is whole nutritious foods you enjoy eating. Foods like lean meats, vegetables, fruits … things that weren’t “created” in a factory.

• The other 10% is for your best judgment. You can spend it on whole foods, but you can also use it on social outings and special occasions.

• Don’t eat any one food in excess. Have some variety. This helps you get all the nutrients you need.

• Limit heavily processed junk foods.

• Plan your meals in a way that suits your lifestyle best.

• Keep trying new things to find what works best for you.

That’s it.

As a starting point I'd look at what you're currently eating, then make 1 or 2 improvements at a time until they stick. Then repeat the process.

Here's an example step-by-step case study I wrote about a client who lost 40 kilos - should help give you an idea of where to start.

Also read if you have time
- 7 weight loss mistakes to avoid
- 11 principles of successful weight loss
- 97 ideas to lose more weight

If you need more help just let me know. I quite literally have no life these days lol. (there's also another massive step-by-step article on creating your own diet that I won't link to because you'll need at least 15 mins to go through it)

[Shameless plug]

By the way - If you're like Nathan Buckley (and lack accountability hur hurh hurrr .... hur ... heh?) then you need to get on my free daily email newsletter. It's pretty rad, just ask my readers - you can see their loving comments and sign up here

All jokes aside, most people already know what they have to do to look and feel better. The hard part is doing it. Even for myself. That's part of the reason why I write daily emails. Because it removes any excuses I have not to eat well ... Have to practice what I preach.

So go visit my testimonial factory of a sign-up page and get free daily accountability + advice ... from a post-grad desk-bound nutrition nerd with more muscle than Darcy Moore (despite a 27cm height difference).

[/Shameless plug]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I need to get back in here. Been a yo yo all my life. At an all time high at the moment and miserable for it.

Relapse is human my friend!

You can regain momentum very quickly with small changes.

What's realistic for you this weekend - a 20 minute walk? Fresh fruit and vegetables for the house?

Post-it here. Love for you Wicksy - you ginger manhunk.

Relapse is human my friend!

You can regain momentum very quickly with small changes.

What's realistic for you this weekend - a 20 minute walk? Fresh fruit and vegetables for the house?

Post-it here. Love for you Wicksy - you ginger manhunk.

I'll go for a 20 minute walk today just for you WBW :)

Great game, I'd like to loose 6kg. I've changed jobs and sit on my arse alot compared with what I did b4. Main problem is drinking a couple glasses of wine after tea and eating chips,cheese,nuts and biscuits. :(
Booze and snacks are absolute killer.

Found it easiest to lose weight on holiday because I always had something physically demanding planned and the thought of tacking it hungover too often was horrifying.

All the best and keep us updated on progress!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back