The Fitness & Weight Loss Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How important are amino acid tablets to get ripped? Is the difference they make big or is it minimal?
I dont bother taking tablets, it use to screw around with my guts something chronic LOL.
Just take low fat cottage cheese, worked a treat for me when i trained big time back in the day.

But in answer to the question, Amino Acids are pretty important. They serve as the building blocks for Protein.

Thanks Heater39.

Amino acid tablets are a waste of money?

I've been taking them, not sure exactly what it's doing for me. lol How do you gauge its effectiveness?

You don't, amino acid tablets cause no measurable end point differences (eg. performance, muscle gain) if protein intake is adequate to begin with.

If protein intake is inadequate then AA tablets MAY provide a benefit but when you consider the big picture, it is still worthless because inadequate protein is going to have massive negative effects that won't be alleviated by AA tablets.

Summer is coming!!! We all started dieting yet? :D

Started dieting 2 days ago,right now:
21do87b.jpg

Planning to diet for the next 8 weeks, disgonbegood
hopefully will have striated bum by the end of it lol

defs!......ah chris tarrant, i would give up my girlfriend to put my name into a hat with 1million other names for a chance to share a romantic pasta dinner with taz over skype on a 56k dial-up connection

defs!......ah chris tarrant, i would give up my girlfriend to put my name into a hat with 1million other names for a chance to share a romantic pasta dinner with taz over skype on a 56k dial-up connection

Taz - I just read your blog from Feb 2012 and then saw the recent picture of you. You seem to be progressing well. What are your measurements now? Your earlier thoughts on energy in versus energy out were spot on; however, you will reach a point where that is not enough to achieve the results you want. The energy in will need to be monitored more closely than just total calories. The make up of those calories is also important - as important as the type of training you are doing.

Summer is coming!!! We all started dieting yet? :D

Started dieting 2 days ago,right now:

Planning to diet for the next 8 weeks, disgonbegood
hopefully will have striated bum by the end of it lol

Looking good there fella.
I been toiling away in the gym for the last year and got a fair bit more size on me.
Started up with a new chicky last December so the hardcore "chicken/broccoli" diet his the curb and i've stacked on a bit of fat also. Pretty heart breaking but I've got it off before so I can do it again!!! :)

Anyone read the book "Eat, Stop, Eat - Brad Pilon"?
Has some seriously good ideas about what we eat and when we eat it.
If anyone wants a copy, PM me your email and i'll shoot a copy through. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about it.

Taz - I just read your blog from Feb 2012 and then saw the recent picture of you. You seem to be progressing well. What are your measurements now? Your earlier thoughts on energy in versus energy out were spot on; however, you will reach a point where that is not enough to achieve the results you want. The energy in will need to be monitored more closely than just total calories. The make up of those calories is also important - as important as the type of training you are doing.

Cheers man, I don't actually take measurements I only track body-weight, gym performance and go by the mirror, I did a BIA and sum-of-four skinfolds for uni a few month back at the peak of my bulk which put me ~14% at 79.8kg. (which is an obvious underestimation lol)

I only talked about energy but I do track individual macro-nutrients :), I tend to go a bit overs on protein (~3.0g/kg bodyweight) and towards the lower end on fat (~0.7g/kg bodyweight) to fit in more carbs, <3 my carbs.

Putting my man love for Taz aside I would be extremely disappointing if I am not wayyyyy bigger than Taz by the time I am 23 lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking good there fella.
I been toiling away in the gym for the last year and got a fair bit more size on me.
Started up with a new chicky last December so the hardcore "chicken/broccoli" diet his the curb and i've stacked on a bit of fat also. Pretty heart breaking but I've got it off before so I can do it again!!! :)

Yay good to hear from you again!!

Cheers man, I don't actually take measurements I only track body-weight, gym performance and go by the mirror, I did a BIA and sum-of-four skinfolds for uni a few month back at the peak of my bulk which put me ~14% at 79.8kg. (which is an obvious underestimation lol)

I only talked about energy but I do track individual macro-nutrients :), I tend to go a bit overs on protein (~3.0g/kg bodyweight) and towards the lower end on fat (~0.7g/kg bodyweight) to fit in more carbs, <3 my carbs.

Putting my man love for Taz aside I would be extremely disappointing if I am not wayyyyy bigger than Taz by the time I am 23 lol

I am 82kg and 14% BF. Up from 75kg and same body fat. S**t it has been hard (vegetarian). Got to 85kg but did my back (not lifting - picking up my daughter!!!). Keep updating your progress and best of luck.

I haven't seen this thread before, wish I did. I need to lose some weight soon I reckon. I'm around 179cm and 90 odd kilos. I'm not sure what my BF% would be, but I don't particularly want to find out to be honest. Footy preseason starts in six weeks though so that should help :)

I reckon if I left the beers alone (which is easier said than done when the weather picks up like it has now) and ate better (which wouldn't too much of a stretch, I have a terrible diet) I'd be alright. I do exercise most days of the week, I just want to be a bit lighter.

I haven't seen this thread before, wish I did. I need to lose some weight soon I reckon. I'm around 179cm and 90 odd kilos. I'm not sure what my BF% would be, but I don't particularly want to find out to be honest. Footy preseason starts in six weeks though so that should help :)

I reckon if I left the beers alone (which is easier said than done when the weather picks up like it has now) and ate better (which wouldn't too much of a stretch, I have a terrible diet) I'd be alright. I do exercise most days of the week, I just want to be a bit lighter.

If you are already exercising regularly you have half of it sorted.

If you can give up takeaway, be a bit disciplined when you go shopping and not buy junk, and perhaps consider giving yourself a beer ban for a period - you'd probably find you lose weight pretty quickly.

Do you know how to cook?

I've been pretty loose since the end of footy season, partly coz of other life s**t going on too, and need to get back into it.

I'm planning a bit of a program for myself starting in the next week. What sort of stuff do you do to get your fitness up leading into preseason?

If you are already exercising regularly you have half of it sorted.

If you can give up takeaway, be a bit disciplined when you go shopping and not buy junk, and perhaps consider giving yourself a beer ban for a period - you'd probably find you lose weight pretty quickly.

Do you know how to cook?

I've been pretty loose since the end of footy season, partly coz of other life s**t going on too, and need to get back into it.

I'm planning a bit of a program for myself starting in the next week. What sort of stuff do you do to get your fitness up leading into preseason?

Giving up takeaway shouldn't be too much of a problem, that'll probably be the easiest thing to accomplish, giving up the beer might take a bit of restraint, and that's probably my biggest problem, I don't have any real restraint.

If it involves pasta and boiling water, I know how to cook. Apart from that I don't cook a whole lot.

This will be my first season of footy coming up, but I've played soccer for most of my life so I've always held some type of athletic base, but never really committed to anything. The last few weeks I've been going for 5-6k jogs, which takes around 30 minutes, and I'm usually doing weights on alternating days. It's not like I'm horrifically out of shape, but I can definitely afford to lose a few kilos.

Day 1 of operation get old body again. Stacked on the weight due to depression and addiction and at the point of having to stop moping about and getting back as close to how i use to be.
Ran 5km first thing. Going to gym after work.
Got about 20KG of chicken breast in the freezer and green veg so that should get me through a bit.
Havent really eaten enough today though. Only had protein shake after the run and 200g of tuna with a cup of brown rice for lunch. Just moved so need to get that s**t sorted out.
Will post pics once im happy with how im going lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back