The "fix" ture - will North cop the double barrel?

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Every team plays each other once, but it could be the most uneven (i.e. unfair) fixture ever. Apparently 4 vic teams will be sent over to form a WA hub. I think it will be a big disadvantage to those 4 vic clubs. The eagles and dockers will be hard to beat over there. Will North be one of them?

On top of that what if North also cop the trip down to Geelong like we do most years?
This is the double barrel I'm concerned about especially if teams like Richmond, Collingwood & Essendon cop neither.

This years fixture could be a insight to see how corrupt the AFL really are?

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes.

North will travel to Perth.

And we will likely go to Geelong.

Such is the ALF

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Every team plays each other once, but it could be the most uneven (i.e. unfair) fixture ever. Apparently 4 vic teams will be sent over to form a WA hub. I think it will be a big disadvantage to those 4 vic clubs. The eagles and dockers will be hard to beat over there. Will North be one of them?

On top of that what if North also cop the trip down to Geelong like we do most years?
This is the double barrel I'm concerned about especially if teams like Richmond, Collingwood & Essendon cop neither.

I believe Essendon, Richmond and Melbourne may already be ruled out as they've already played West Coast or Fremantle by that stage.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Why do you think being in the WA hub would be a disadvantage? As apposed to flying over there the night before?

If anything it's the change to the status quo and I think would actually be a real advantage, especially if we play a neutral team before we play the dockers or eagles. Or even if we get a game against the dockers first up to acclimatize.

If we are going to play the Dockers and Eagles away, it's likely we don't play some of Adelaide/Port/Geelong/Brisbane/Gold Coast away.

I actually wouldn't mind going into the WA hub, I'd rather play them in the hub than away from home later in the season and the crowd isn't as big a factor as it normally is.

I'm all for the hub!

Lock in saints to cop it

they are the only vic team who will not have traveled in the first 5 rounds

And I reckon they’ll send the bigger teams over also
if the saints do go, then we definitely won't go because the teams sent over have to play each other while there, and we've already played saints

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hub S.A. Two trips to QLD I reckon.

Which would almost be the ideal result.

Adelaide and the GC are likely two of the weaker sides this year and if we use up away trips against them, that would be great.

Brisbane at the GABBA is probably the better option than WC at Optus.

That means we play probably WC and Fremantle at home. We might even get Geelong at Etihad with a bit of luck. I'd prefer Port at AO over Geelong at the spud farm.

While I agree they generally look for any opportunity to screw us (and a few other teams) over, this would surely be the biggest opportunity in years to push some teams to places they never go without the $ driving things.

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
As sure as a bear poos in the forest, NM will get the double barrel

So if Essendon , Richmond and Melbourne dont go to WA that leaves North, Geelong, Bulldogs, Collingwood, Blues, Hawks and Saints. If Saints go then North wont, so that leaves Saints, Cats, Bulldogs, Pies, Hawks and Blues. For television ratings l'm tipping Pies, Cats, Hawks and Bulldogs to go but if reduced crowds are back l'm thinking Saints or North, with the Bulldogs, Blues and Hawks because most of the crowd would be WA supporters....

Back