The "fix" ture - will North cop the double barrel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we can perform as well as St Kilda and Geelong and get a prime FTA slot too.

Somehow I doubt 7 will be demanding we get anything.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
That has to do with the Cats flying over to Perth so no issue with that from my point of view. Why they got the Saints, that I don't know.

If we win our next 3 games, we are top 4 and one of the "stories of the season". 7 will want our games.

ROUND 7 FIXTURE

Hawthorn v Essendon – Thursday July 16, 7.40pm, Marvel Stadium
Geelong v Collingwood – Friday July 17, 6:10pm, Optus Stadium
Sydney v Brisbane - Saturday July 18, 1.45pm, SCG
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs – Saturday July 18, 4.35pm MCG
Carlton v Gold Coast – Saturday July 18, 7:40pm Metricon Stadium
North Melbourne v Adelaide Saturday July 18, 7:40pm, Marvel Stadium
St Kilda v Port Adelaide – Sunday July 20, 1.05pm Marvel Stadium
Richmond v GWS – Sunday July 20, 3:35pm, MCG
Fremantle v West Coast – Sunday July 20 6:35pm, Optus Stadium
Bit surprised the AFL didn't schedule Freo v WC for the Saturday night. Prime time, full house, peak eye balls, no school/work the next day...

"Also means there will be some rounds in which WA hosts three @AFL games. Obviously, that’s never happened before"

Has there ever been a round where WA has hosted two AFL games? They usually alternate where WC plays there one week, then Freo the week after. I don't recall them playing at home the same week.

Won't be * as they've already played Freo.

Could be Carlton given they wouldn't have played the WA teams and haven't traveled between rounds 1-7.
Carlton is listed as hosting the game at Metricon in Round 7.

Carlton v Gold Coast – Saturday July 18, 7:40pm Metricon Stadium

Ah, ok. I saw Carlton listed first and assumed it would be in Melb.

Why are Carlton hosting GC at the GC home ground?

Because there's a pandemic and they're making it up as they go.

"Also means there will be some rounds in which WA hosts three @AFL games. Obviously, that’s never happened before"

Has there ever been a round where WA has hosted two AFL games? They usually alternate where WC plays there one week, then Freo the week after. I don't recall them playing at home the same week.
We had both prelims at Subi in 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah I'm aware there have been 2 finals in one weekend, but I was referring to H&A rounds, as the tweet said "rounds".
Other than finals, the closest there has been is games three days apart in 2011, but they were separate rounds - one was an Anzac Day game on a Monday night, followed by the first game of the next round, on a Thursday night. Then four days apart in mid-2013, this time a Sunday arvo game and a Thursday night to open the next round. That's a long was of saying the answer to your question is no.

I was working in Subi in those days, and hated the Thursday night games - as if it's not bad enough spending all day at work, you then walk out and be greeted by a sea of Eagles fans. Urgh...

Brilliant. Melbourne are getting dicked around completely. Cancel game, rearrange fixture etc...they'll be all over the shop. Another couple of losses and they'll chuck in the towel.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Another 75 cases in Vic. tomorrow we'll all need to chuck in the towel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back