The "fix" ture - will North cop the double barrel?

Remove this Banner Ad

But if all the teams adjust to living and playing up there - aside from the ‘crowd’ - do they still have a home ground advantage?
Firstly, I'd say yes they do. And secondly, by the time we adjust, it may well be too late.
We can do ok up there, but not against the two local sides.

If Geelong played 14 games out of 17 at Kardinia Park, they'd win the flag, even if 5 other teams were also based there.

Some Geelong goose suggested they should get Port / Crows / Saints and us at State Govt. Park after last night.

I don’t think any Victorian ground should host any games for a long time, in fact I’d advocate shutting the whole season down

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Depends if we beat *
Play it out regardless.
Get games into young players.
Make decisions on underperforming experienced players.
Get some good picks next year.
The media scrutiny for a poor year this year will be mitigated by the circumstances.
In saying that, if LDU, Cunners, Larkey & Maj get back fit and firing and we manage to make finals (and the season is very even), with our best side, I think we can go alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can play the GF in Guatemala if we’re not there.

I met a Guatemalan girl travelling whilst over there a few years ago. We’ve stayed in touch and she’s now a big north supporter . Apparently when she meets people out on the town from Melbourne they almost fall over when she says she supports the mighty Roos

Give it a few weeks and there will be cases in Gold Coast and Brissie. Next move Perth and Freo? The Grand Final will end up in the last state standing. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in Hobart, without a single home and away game being played there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back