Roast The fixture is horrible. How do you feel about it?

How does the fixture make you fee?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Of the 13 games the tiges play at the MCG this year we have one traditional Saturday afternoon game. Makes it difficult for many people to go to games that have family commitments.

What’s your biggest gripe about the fixture this year?

They’re making it harder and harder to actually go IMO. I don’t think they have the balance right
The best slot for footy is the worst slot for TV
There is a reason the sunday games are on when they are and it isn't because that is what the fans want.
TV props up the earnings so we don't have to pay as much out of our own pockets for the game but it comes at the cost of compromise to the fixture

Of the 13 games the tiges play at the MCG this year we have one traditional Saturday afternoon game. Makes it difficult for many people to go to games that have family commitments.

Can't make any of the seven in a row at the G?

Can't make any of the seven in a row at the G?

No it’s a disaster. AFL made the last two games in a row away games. And the next three home games are Sunday games. Can’t go. Horrible.

What family commitment has you occupied every Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday afternoon but not Saturday afternoon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why are you creating an irrelevant thread?

It’s not irrelevant. It’s not a fan friendly fixture. I’m using the fixture Richmond has as an example. You can also look at crowd attendances this year.

If you can’t handle it you don’t have to read or post

The thing is your confused with what suits you is the norm. A large percentage of people work Saturdays and a lot of junior sport is played Saturdays making a Saturday afternoon game difficult to attend due to family commitments.

The thing is your confused with what suits you is the norm. A large percentage of people work Saturdays and a lot of junior sport is played Saturdays making a Saturday afternoon game difficult to attend due to family commitments.

Crowds are down 20k on average year on year for tiges home games. So I’m not confused at all. Seems there’s a large proportion of fans not turning up because of the fixturing.

Crowds are down 20k on average year on year for tiges home games. So I’m not confused at all. Seems there’s a large proportion of fans not turning up because of the fixturing.
Didn't Richmond break there attendance record only 2 years ago? 20k over a whole year really isn't a hell of a lot that you can blame on the day games are fixtured.

It’s not irrelevant. It’s not a fan friendly fixture. I’m using the fixture Richmond has as an example. You can also look at crowd attendances this year.

If you can’t handle it you don’t have to read or post

Average AFL Crowd Attendance 2019 (to date)- 35,269
Average AFL Crowd Attendance 2018- 34,818
Average AFL Crowd Attendance 2017- 34,010
Average AFL Crowd Attendance 2016-31,850

Richmond average home Crowd 2019 (to date)- 59,301
Richmond average home Crowd 2018- 61,175
Richmond average home Crowd 2017-55,950
Richmond average home Crowd 2016- 41,155

What about crowd attendances are down this year???

3:20 Sunday games are the WORST

Just wait until Hawthorn has a couple of bad years and they start regularly getting the 4:40pm Sunday games.

Back