FTA-TV The Flash

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of speculation online is suggesting that Ronnie is Savitar - mostly due to the last scene, given Caitlyn/Killer Frost is so quick to trust whoever is in the suit. I'm not convinced.

For mine, if anything, it just solidifies that Savitar is just a future unhinged, evil Barry. Thinking about it more, if he indeed does become Savitar it means he has to travel back in time (our present in 2017) and kill Iris to kick off the chain reaction that descends Barry into the dark side to eventually fulfil the prophecy of becoming Savitar. It's a paradox.

It's kind of like in Terminator. In order for John Connor to exist, Kyle Reece - who is his lieutenant in the future war against the machines - has to travel back in time (sent by John Connor himself) and impregnate Sarah Connor in order for John to exist. Likewise, when the Terminator endoskeleton is crushed in the metal press at the Cyberdyne factory, the remains trigger the AI research that eventually results in the creation of Skynet and Terminators. Both are time loops and cannot exist without the other happening.

For a long time, the Flash series has been hinting at Barry going down a dark path if not for Joe taking him under his wing at an early age. The way Zoom/Zoloman tried to connect with Barry over having their mothers killed in front of their eyes is pretty much the writers giving an insight into what Barry would have become had he not been offered the comfort, love and support given by Joe. Zoloman had no other parental figure left, so was left to wallow in grief and anger, and so he went down a dark path.

Also, I may have figured out the answer to a question I recently saw posed in a Flash fan video. The question was; why didn't Barry encounter his future self (in the bright red suit) that originally tried to ward him from saving his mother back in S1? My theory is that's because that same future flash instead became Savitar as a byproduct of Flashpoint, hence why he isn't there to stop Barry from saving his mother at the end of S2 and prevent Flashpoint.

Savitar - "One of your own will betray you"

I don't think he was talking about Caitlyn becoming Killer Frost... he was talking about Barry himself betraying the entire team by allowing his future self to transform into Savitar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grant Gustin said there have been no clues given as to who savitar is and its going to be a massive shock. They should be prepared for a massive backlash if it is future barry. God it will be underwhelming at this point if it his him just like the whole season really.
I think it will be underwhelming whoever it is at this point. They have teased it way too much

With the big reveal tonight, what are people's theories as to who Savitar is?

I'm thinking it has to be a future corrupted, broken and evil version of Barry. Losing Iris set him off on the path to become Savitar - a paradox in which Savitar knew in order for Barry to make the transformation into him he'd need to travel back to the past (our present) and kill Iris.

Only question is; how could Savitar kill Barry without erasing himself given they are one and the same?

The synopsis of Future Flash from the comics sounds very similar: http://theflash.wikia.com/wiki/The_Future_Flash

I also like the theory that Savitar is actually Barry's evil twin that he never knew existed, who goes by the name Cobalt Blue in the comics.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/cobalt-blue/4005-5732/

Would fall in line with Savitar's accusation that Barry "stole everything" from him - that being a loving family.

If the cause of Barry turning into savitar is losing iris considering he kills her then this season would have truly jumped the shark. Even for a time travel paradox that is stupid.

Sure its about as logical as Kyle Reese being John Connors father but at least that was mind blowing and unexpected etc.

Anyway I hope its Eddie as Cobalt blue since that was teased in the s1 finale but Barrys twin will also be ok as there have been no hints to that as gustin suggested.

Totally expecting future barry though

If the cause of Barry turning into savitar is losing iris considering he kills her then this season would have truly jumped the shark. Even for a time travel paradox that is stupid.

Sure its about as logical as Kyle Reese being John Connors father but at least that was mind blowing and unexpected etc.

Anyway I hope its Eddie as Cobalt blue since that was teased in the s1 finale but Barrys twin will also be ok as there have been no hints to that as gustin suggested.

Totally expecting future barry though

Eddie being Cobalt Blue would be awesome. Always had to be a reason why his body was sucked into the portal at the end of S1. And being a Thawne, it falls in line with the lore of Barry's twin being raised by the Thawne family - giving him the family name.

But yeah, expecting it to be Future Flash/Barry.

Eddie being Cobalt Blue would be awesome. Always had to be a reason why his body was sucked into the portal at the end of S1. And being a Thawne, it falls in line with the lore of Barry's twin being raised by the Thawne family - giving him the family name.

But yeah, expecting it to be Future Flash/Barry.

Yes and them using cobalt to fix the time ship thingy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back