FTA-TV The Flash

Watched the leaked pilot over the weekend and really enjoyed it!

CW (the network the show appears on) have also revealed their TV schedule with the show set to appear on Tuesday night (US time) with Arrow the following night (Wednesday). Hopefully will allow for some nice crossover stories between the shows.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
It has a heap of good DC/Flash Easter eggs in the pilot. will be interesting to see what they do because there is a lot they can do and heaps they have hinted at. some of the hints they have used scare me by thinking they could use them wrong. I dont know why it will be on a different night to arrow i think it would rate better back to back. not stuck with s**t like Supernatural.

calyam

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Pilot was really impressive. It'll be interesting to see whether it follows the trend of Arrow and continues to get better as the season progresses. The definitely imported the breakneck pace of Arrow, no Smallville-style meandering in this one.

It has a heap of good DC/Flash Easter eggs in the pilot. will be interesting to see what they do because there is a lot they can do and heaps they have hinted at. some of the hints they have used scare me by thinking they could use them wrong. I dont know why it will be on a different night to arrow i think it would rate better back to back. not stuck with s**t like Supernatural.

Agreed! I wonder if they have future plans to expand their universe by creating more TV shows that can link in with each other or even if it might tie in with their movie universe?

Also agree it would have been nice to have them back to back on the same night but I guess they probably made a scheduling decision most likely for some kind of commercial reason.

Pilot was really impressive. It'll be interesting to see whether it follows the trend of Arrow and continues to get better as the season progresses. The definitely imported the breakneck pace of Arrow, no Smallville-style meandering in this one.

Yeah, it was better than I expected - had to cover all the bases to help set up the characters, relationships, origins etc and think it did pretty well without getting bogged down too much.

Just watched the pilot. Really liked it.

Sucks having to wait months and months to see episode 2

Haha very true! Was the only negative of watching the pilot so early IMO :D

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Agreed! I wonder if they have future plans to expand their universe by creating more TV shows that can link in with each other or even if it might tie in with their movie universe?

I dont think they will tie into the movie DCU because they will have a much better actor play Flash in the movies. i think they will have a TV universe. i can see Suicide Squad TV [Just please dont use Jokers Daughter stop throwing her down our throats] and a JSA could even add Constantine when NBC cancel that or make a JL:Dark series [JLA would cost too much to sub licence and will be to focused on the big 3] A Wonder Woman show could work just need it written well and DONT use Cheetah in the first few episodes. Cheetah is a character so easy to do wrong and kill a series.

And Green lantern would be too expensive to make into a series but could use him in both Arrow and Flash by using some of the crossover comic arcs, just i hope they dont use the Speedy is a Junkie thing from Green Arrow/Green Lantern comics.

I think Gotham will fail because it sounds all over the place IMO would work better as a Lieutenant Gordon series and set it when Bruce is out of the country for the 8 years while training before he became Batman. The Whole Young Bruce thing seems like the show will suck. and I think NBC will have no clue how to market Constantine and will cancel it for low ratings.

Gus Poyet

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Brighton & HA, Boston Celtics
I'm so thick it took me until the Arrow appeared to realise i'd seen half the cast of this show already in that.

Ban this man! :p

Is Supernatural still good or has it gone a bit stale? I used to watch it back in the day - think I stopped around season 4 or 5? Amazing effort that it's still chugging along!

Just noticed you're also a Toon fan Ryz - should post in the Toon Army board some time mate ;)

I watched the pilot episode finally. Characters seem interesting (already love the two lab assistants from Arrow). Kinda wish they didn't show the cop his power in the first episode.

And I hope they don't go down the generic fight a new super villain each episode.

Looks like Stephen Amell's (the lead actor from Arrow) cousin Robbie will be appearing in the Flash TV series as 'Firestorm'.

Could be interesting to see the 2 of them together if they do a crossover story at some point!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=103304

Beat me to it.

Thought his acting was mediocre at times in the Tomorrow People. He was bound land a role on Arrow/Flash since his show was cancelled on CW.

Mar 8, 2007
Sweep shots don't count
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
probably
I guess I'll watch it, but the thing had its flaws.

For starters, the pacing was off. I know it's a pilot, but it was information overload as everything flew by way too fast.

I'd imagine that you'd be even more list if you hadn't see any arrow.

This hurt the tone a little as well, illustrated best when the science chick described the death of her fiancé almost as a aside, yet Flash got 30 seconds of glum looks and sad faces when he recounted the death of his mother (the second time the audience got to see it, for the benefit of those arriving late to the 'illegally downloaded pre-production pilot' cinema, I guess).

The speed also took away from the impact if some of the cooler things, like the grodd reference, and definitely the 'shock' epilogue, which would have been far more impactfull had we has a chance to learn more about that character and get used to their current state before that twist.

Also the arrow cameo was a bit s**t.

All in all, I expect it to be about as good as arrow is, which is to say, ok I guess, if you switch your brain off and allow yourself to just laugh off dialogue so painfully bad it may have been copied straight out of the back of a year eight kids enligh lit book.

I really wish they're stuck with the grounded-in-reality universe that arrow started with, it had so much promise. That theme, admittedly stolen from Nolan, is what got the etaly Attow episodes really humming to begin with.

It's basically just laziness on the writers' part to just say 'wow, magic!' and utilise pre-existing comic ideas, characters and concepts in scripts rather than spend time imagining how they might really 'work' in the real world and presenting the audience with something new and exiting.

Which is what Arrow was.

Was, sadly.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Is Supernatural still good or has it gone a bit stale? I used to watch it back in the day - think I stopped around season 4 or 5? Amazing effort that it's still chugging along!
I stopped watching about the same might of lasted one more season then it just got too bad. I tried watching some of the older ones they are showing Sat nights on Fox8 i think its like S7 and i lasted like 5 mins. it was woeful

Thought his acting was mediocre at times in the Tomorrow People. He was bound land a role on Arrow/Flash since his show was cancelled on CW.

Arrow Survived Summer Glau now will can Flash survive Robbie Amell?

I wonder how long till they try and use Captain Boomerang or The Trickster, both worry me because they could easly destroy the show with bad/cheesy everything, but could also be done right. i have more faith in Captain Boomerang working out well, and not just because the Trickster is seen as the "looser" and outcast, and always made fun of within the Flash Rouges gallery. But i cant wait to see how Grodd turns out and hope it works without looking cheep or costing too much of the budget to be spent on CGI for him to the point where they rest of the show suffers.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Stoked to see Wentworth.

Is this his first gig since announcing he was gay? that dude fell off the face of the earth after prison break, i think he was in one of the forgettable resident evil films, but i think thats about it.

But dont see him as captain cold.

Is this his first gig since announcing he was gay? that dude fell off the face of the earth after prison break, i think he was in one of the forgettable resident evil films, but i think thats about it.

But dont see him as captain cold.

Wow, didn't realise he had come out! Good for him.

I think I read somewhere that the San Diego Comic Con was on this week(?) so we might see more some further announcements for Flash (and Arrow and the other DC shows/properties).

A bit off topic but I read the 'Flashpoint' comic a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. Not sure if they could eventually do something like that one day down the track but a similar story/crossover event would be interesting to see.

Back