Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

More from the flat earth society wiki FAQ.

There are many pictures on the internet and in other media depicting the earth as being round. Why do these not disprove flat earth theory?

In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence.

Photographic evidence has no credibility.
FMD. This is a piss take.

Hang on a minute. If Antarctica encircles the entire "disc", the circumference of Antarctica must be huge.
So I bring up google maps. I find that SSW of Perth is a joint called Casey Station on the Antarctica coast. If I follow the coast would I need to circumnavigate the entire "disc" before I arrive back at Casey's Staion?

Nope, I'm done. This is physically impossible. No you tube videos needed. Just logical thought process.
There is no possible way for the night day scenario of flat earth to be true.

Think of a torch shining down. It has no giant tube yet it's light doesn't spread like water. It has a beam, focussed.

Now think of you standing at night in your yard shining your torch on the ground looking for something you dropped. The light focusses on where you shine it.

Now place yourself in the position of the humble ant who crawls about on the ground below. He looks up at this giant light and just sees a bright ball of light, shining down on him.

600px-SunAnimation.gif

Almost Yin and yang like isn't it
Funny that

Do you trust them?

Sure do. Nerdy sciencey aspergy types are the most trustworthy.
I also trust the Japanese space program .. had a great tour there.
Did you know they use Velcro to secure the heat blanket around one of their satellites? Once it's released there is no wind in space.

I also trust any space photos from the Chinese as well.

Think of a torch shining down. It has no giant tube yet it's light doesn't spread like water. It has a beam, focussed.

Now think of you standing at night in your yard shining your torch on the ground looking for something you dropped. The light focusses on where you shine it.

Now place yourself in the position of the humble ant who crawls about on the ground below. He looks up at this giant light and just sees a bright ball of light, shining down on him.
A ball of fire has no beam like a torch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure do. Nerdy sciencey aspergy types are the most trustworthy.

I also trust the Japanese space program .. had a great tour there.
Did you know they use Velcro to secure the heat blanket around one of their satellites? Once it's released there is no wind in space.

I also trust any space photos from the Chinese as well.
Of course you do, no surprises there.

"Human endeavor"

Wrong thread champ :drunk:
No I believe the world is a flat petri dish, created by aliens to study and enslave us, they are everywhere, just everywhere walking among us on this petri dish. The sun is battery which powers the Earth petri dish and alien motherships.

They carry light sabres too, but we know them as anal probes that aliens use to study us on this flat petri dish.

THEY ARE EVERYWHERRRE!!!!!

No I believe the world is a flat petri dish, created by aliens to study and enslave us, they are everywhere, just everywhere walking among us on this petri dish. The sun is battery which powers the Earth petri dish and alien motherships.

They carry light sabres too, but we know them as anal probes that aliens use to study us on this flat petri dish.

THEY ARE EVERYWHERRRE!!!!!
Mate, if you believe that I have a bridge in Sydney that I can sell you.

Back