Roast The flogs in the media

Remove this Banner Ad

carlton get their fair serve from the media too. it's s**t for both clubs.

judd is being targeted now, so that might make you feel better. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't say the media are targeting Judd now. The AFL have very belatedly acted against the Visy deal which was a clear breach of the salary cap and should never have been allowed, but the media coverage appears to be extremely sympathetic to Judd. Perhaps the AFL realised the double standard they created when they said Melbourne couldn't set up the same sort of deal to help hold on to Scully while saying in the next breath that Judd's Visy deal could continue and they preferred to come down on that deal rather than address the other, more serious, example of their different treatment of the two clubs. That is, of course, the witch hunt against Melbourne over alleged tanking while ignoring Carlton's past tanking which was taken to an art form.

carlton get their fair serve from the media too. it's s**t for both clubs.

judd is being targeted now, so that might make you feel better. :rolleyes:
Not one bit. The Judd deal was approved by the discretion of the AFL (Anderson and Demetriou) in order to poach him from another club. The clubs that are under investigation such as Adelaide and Geelong are using 3rd party agreements to prevent their own players being poached, and they'll end up getting penalised.

We applied for a 3rd party deal to retain Scully, but were knocked back. The AFL make rules to suit their own agendas, and in turn Demetriou's performance bonus.

I wouldn't say the media are targeting Judd now. The AFL have very belatedly acted against the Visy deal which was a clear breach of the salary cap and should never have been allowed

how does the afl belatedly move against a deal they approved? changing the rules mid stream at a moments notice is not very fair.

oh, and judd ain't the only one. ;)

how does the afl belatedly move against a deal they approved? changing the rules mid stream at a moments notice is not very fair.

oh, and judd ain't the only one. ;)

Belated in that it should never have been approved in the first place. I'm sure you're right that there are other similar deals. Most of them the AFL probably don't even know about, but those they do know about shouldn't have been approved either. What's the point of having salary caps if they can be perverted in such a way?

Belated in that it should never have been approved in the first place. I'm sure you're right that there are other similar deals. Most of them the AFL probably don't even know about, but those they do know about shouldn't have been approved either. What's the point of having salary caps if they can be perverted in such a way?

the afl can't restrain a player in such a way that they are prevented from earning money outside the game. if judd can do work for visy and earn an extra buck, why not?

i know it makes a mockery of the cap, but afl rules can't override common law and that thought keeps vlad up at night. :)

The Age is just as deplorable as the Herald Sun, both full of pathetic excuses for journalist who constantly write articles about nothing, while really important events in the world get glossed over very quickly.

I also happened to browse a gossip magazine the other day and the was an article about one of the members of One Direction having a 'bad hair day' because he was out and about and his hair was messed up a bit in the breeze. Seriously, what the *?

Hilarious. Go to popular vegas tourist resort, meet other australians, take picture. Suddenly, double spread in the paper moral finger wag. Seriously, I used to rate the age.
Agree. what an idiot of a journalist - thinks he has found a scoop on Facebook. Get a life you fool you are a disgrace. Everyone in the photo should feel totally ripped off - a group of Australian guys have a drink in Vegas - nothing more - so get out of their space.

I also happened to browse a gossip magazine the other day and the was an article about one of the members of One Direction having a 'bad hair day' because he was out and about and his hair was messed up a bit in the breeze. Seriously, what the ****?
You just know that the editorial minds at The Age are meeting to discuss why they missed that groundbreaker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame on Sylvia (the man who didn't know who the PM was) for not having an encylopedic knowledge of who Australia's top gangsters are.
Exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't have been able to pick out that 'gangster' in a 2 man line up. Same goes for Melissa George

I enjoyed how the 'journalist' spent the first half of the 'article' pretending the whole thing was a big deal/scandal before quoting the obvious and simple explanation in the MFC statement and then petering out to the end with a token tanking reference.

Disgraceful.

Venom claims that Neeld was willing to trade Watts for a 2nd round pick, but either the backroom staff stopped him/we ran out of time.

If Venom is telling the truth for the first time in his life, I reckon I may have taken a flame thrower somewhere dangerous.

North flogs on the North board have changed their tune, they wish it had been done.

Venom claims that Neeld was willing to trade Watts for a 2nd round pick, but either the backroom staff stopped him/we ran out of time.

If Venom is telling the truth for the first time in his life, I reckon I may have taken a flame thrower somewhere dangerous.

North flogs on the North board have changed their tune, they wish it had been done.

I just read their board it's funny how they love to bag him out and all of a sudden he could be a star at their club?

Apparently their development team down at North would turn him into a star!....I really enjoyed my Friday arvo laugh!

I highly doubt this was a deal that was ever going to get done, it would mean us admitting we cant develop young players...he is 21, 2013 is a big year for him!

I just read their board it's funny how they love to bag him out and all of a sudden he could be a star at their club?

Apparently their development team down at North would turn him into a star!....I really enjoyed my Friday arvo laugh!

I highly doubt this was a deal that was ever going to get done, it would mean us admitting we cant develop young players...he is 21, 2013 is a big year for him!
Can't wait to watch him with a bigger tank and a bigger body.

Rubbish I reckon. Easy to throw something out there like that. I mean, how easy would it be to say that Norf were happy to trade Ziebell to us for a 2nd round pick and then say I simply have "sources"?

I can't believe how unaccountable these parasites are. They can reel off anything in the media and get away with it. You can't lose your credibility when you never had any to begin with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back