Analysis "The Fog" Will he make it?

Will he make it as the Tex replacement?

• He'll be our next Full forward

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • No. He doesn't get to enough contests.

Votes: 23 31.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm being pedantic here but if he played literally every game from his debut year until now he'd only barely be at twice his current number of games.

To be honest, 32 games from a KPF isn't too bad 3.5 years into his career (essentially 3 years given the shortened 2020 season). The issue I've had has been the stop-start nature of it. A few games here, then dropped for a few games, then back for a few more... it's one thing to do that with a 19 year old midfielder but for a KPF you need to back them in a bit longer. Forwards can be flashy by their nature and only the top forwards in the game kick multiple goals every week.

I'm not blaming the player fyi, I'm blaming the club.

Pathetic development.

I'm being pedantic here but if he played literally every game from his debut year until now he'd only barely be at twice his current number of games.

To be honest, 32 games from a KPF isn't too bad 3.5 years into his career (essentially 3 years given the shortened 2020 season). The issue I've had has been the stop-start nature of it. A few games here, then dropped for a few games, then back for a few more... it's one thing to do that with a 19 year old midfielder but for a KPF you need to back them in a bit longer. Forwards can be flashy by their nature and only the top forwards in the game kick multiple goals every week.

Isn't too bad, would be better if he was nudging 50 though

The games were there to be played in, and we wasted them on worse options.

West Coast, whilst winning a premiership in the mean time, were able to put them into Oscar Allen.

it doesnt help when you have absolute media hacks like Sam Landsberger writing utter tripe like in his tweet that Shuestar13 was kind enough to post in one of our threads a few weeks back for shits and giggles!

I mean.. the comment below from an obviously clueless fool like Sam is actually a total and utter insult to Buddy and Kennedy..

Dixon is a d-grader compared to the other two and Mitch Georgiades will be a good forward regardless of what he may or may not learn in Dixon’s “shadow of greatness”

“Dixon” and “shadow of greatness” in the same paragraph... fu** me.

View attachment 1149472
Chuck's shadow would still be smaller than Fog's though right? so he's got that going for him :)

Bye week next week, probably then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if RT comes on like we think then that's all he'll need.

Small forwards capable of 40 goals are an issue for us.

Not really, all we'd need is one more player capable of 30-40 goals. Doesn't particularly matter what part of the ground they play in, or what role they fill (i.e. it could be a midfielder, or a third tall capable of those numbers). We might even be ok with just two, depending on what's below.

For instance, Richmond has not had a small forward kick more than 30 goals at any point of their dynasty.

Not really, all we'd need is one more player capable of 30-40 goals. Doesn't particularly matter what part of the ground they play in, or what role they fill (i.e. it could be a midfielder, or a third tall capable of those numbers). We might even be ok with just two, depending on what's below.

For instance, Richmond has not had a small forward kick more than 30 goals at any point of their dynasty.
I don't think we're setting up to play the same way though.

If you're Jimmy Rowe you'll need at least 35 to make up for other defensive shortcomings.

it doesnt help when you have absolute media hacks like Sam Landsberger writing utter tripe like in his tweet that Shuestar13 was kind enough to post in one of our threads a few weeks back for shits and giggles!

I mean.. the comment below from an obviously clueless fool like Sam is actually a total and utter insult to Buddy and Kennedy..

Dixon is a d-grader compared to the other two and Mitch Georgiades will be a good forward regardless of what he may or may not learn in Dixon’s “shadow of greatness”

“Dixon” and “shadow of greatness” in the same paragraph... fu** me.

View attachment 1149472
Jesus, Dixon referred to as greatness, means the AFL is full of greatness.

Dixon and Josh Bruce to provide a template of greatness, yes that's right, by Sam's reckoning Bruce is one of the greats!!!

Dixon and Bruce roughly equal on 1.6 goal average over their careers. Setting the bar real low!

I don't think we're setting up to play the same way though.

If you're Jimmy Rowe you'll need at least 35 to make up for other defensive shortcomings.

Probably will end up pretty similar, though hopefully with some twist to it. We're certainly trying to create a high pressure team, though we really don't have the list for it yet.

Nah, Jimmy isn't that much of a blackhole defensively. I'm just hoping one more preseason pushes his defensive game to a good level, and he can just end up being a solid, albeit unspectacular piece to compliment our key forwards as an at worse position.

It does make life a lot easier if Rowe can fix the defensive side of his game and kick 35+ on the regular though.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Insult to Bruce, Dixon never kicked 10 in a game.
Jesus, Dixon referred to as greatness, means the AFL is full of greatness.

Dixon and Josh Bruce to provide a template of greatness, yes that's right, by Sam's reckoning Bruce is one of the greats!!!

Dixon and Bruce roughly equal on 1.6 goal average over their careers. Setting the bar real low!

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back