The food and wine thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone will be eating their lamb chop and pavlova
Bloody Enzedders.

They can have at it. I'll be eating good Aussie tucker.

Spag Bog, kebabs, dim sims & hot dogs will be the go at my place.

How can you! Its nice and smooth and hard and the outside and moist and soft on the inside!

EDIT: I expect Obese Arachnid to have an opinion on this

I make them for Mrs OA but I'm with TD I'm not a fan of pav/meringue, too sickly sweet for me, yuck!

Tried it and I hated the Taste and Texture

That's because you have never tasted my lamb chops Dave.

My wife never ate lamb until she met me (what do Italians know about lamb? :p)

I actually got a write up in the Sunday Herald Sun that I am proud of about my lamb cutlets when I was in the Restaurant business in a past life.

The secret is in the marinade......KFC secret herbs and spices type stuff.....I would tell you but i would have to kill you ;)

Bloody Enzedders.

They can have at it. I'll be eating good Aussie tucker.

Spag Bog, kebabs, dim sims & hot dogs will be the go at my place.
Dim sims are actually an Australian invention fwiw...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to be confused with dim sum.

True, but around my neighbourhood (Sydney) they often refer to 'Dim Sum' in Asian restaurants as 'Dim Sim' just to confuse things further.

they're really just a Melbourne thing aren't they?
I know they originated in Melbourne, not sure how widespread they are. I've been many places across Australia, but haven't really had much fish and chips while on holidays.

I actually got a write up in the Sunday Herald Sun that I am proud of about my lamb cutlets when I was in the Restaurant business in a past life.

The secret is in the marinade......KFC secret herbs and spices type stuff.....I would tell you but i would have to kill you ;)
Haha, but seriously, tell us your secret please.

Can I come to your house pls?

Haha, but seriously, tell us your secret please.

Can I come to your house pls?

Okay because you two asked so nicely I will divulge the secret......plus I am a little tipsy.......everyone else block your ears I don't want to kill anyone today :p

First and foremost buy good lamb cutlets.

You need onions, tomato, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, oregano and bbq provencale spice.

Firstly in your container put a layer of sliced onion (for flavour) then lay down the cutlets. If they are thick give them a whack!

Then sprinkle on both sides with good oregano, bbq provencale and the garlic zapped with a processor placed in the extra virgin olive oil.

Coat both sides then place sliced tomato on top (the acid in the tomato softens the meat). Then put onion on top.......repeat this process until all lamb cutlets are finished.

The lamb should marinade for two days minimum........many customers asked for the recipe but I have never divulged it......you two should feel blessed! :D

Repeat patronage is the key to a successful Restaurant my father in law and I fortunately had a successful Restaurant. It was a wonderful experience and the toughest industry I have been involved in.

Stay tuned for my Gyros recipe.......Happy Australia Day people hope you and the family had a great day :):thumbsu:

Okay because you two asked so nicely I will divulge the secret......plus I am a little tipsy.......everyone else block your ears I don't want to kill anyone today :p

First and foremost buy good lamb cutlets.

You need onions, tomato, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, oregano and bbq provencale spice.

Firstly in your container put a layer of sliced onion (for flavour) then lay down the cutlets. If they are thick give them a whack!

Then sprinkle on both sides with good oregano, bbq provencale and the garlic zapped with a processor placed in the extra virgin olive oil.

Coat both sides then place sliced tomato on top (the acid in the tomato softens the meat). Then put onion on top.......repeat this process until all lamb cutlets are finished.

The lamb should marinade for two days minimum........many customers asked for the recipe but I have never divulged it......you two should feel blessed! :D

Repeat patronage is the key to a successful Restaurant my father in law and I fortunately had a successful Restaurant. It was a wonderful experience and the toughest industry I have been involved in.

Stay tuned for my Gyros recipe.......Happy Australia Day people hope you and the family had a great day :):thumbsu:

This is fantastic CFC. But a few more questions - do you remove the cutlets from the marinade, shake it off, and then BBQ or grill the meat? Or do you somehow cook the meet with the marinade ingreditents (onions, tomatoes) still attached? Also, does it have to be cutlets or could you substitute other lamb cuts?

I hope you are still tipsy enough to answer these questions!:D

This is fantastic CFC. But a few more questions - do you remove the cutlets from the marinade, shake it off, and then BBQ or grill the meat? Or do you somehow cook the meet with the marinade ingreditents (onions, tomatoes) still attached? Also, does it have to be cutlets or could you substitute other lamb cuts?

I hope you are still tipsy enough to answer these questions!:D

The marinade comes off before cooking V P. By the way you can never beat cooking on charcoal.......even if we didn't cook it on that at the Restaurant.

I have cooked the tomatoe and onion on a flat grill also.....it is full of flavour and great on crusty bread.....so waist not want not.

It works on all lamb.....the truth is I am still scarred from the first BBQ with the "Italians"....they opened the lamb from the packet slapped it on BBQ and put salt and pepper on it.

Now this might sound weird but lamb is very lamby o_O I still remember vividly another experience when I went to my dads villiage in Greece and his sister "sacrificed" a lamb for me.......it was so gamey I discreetly threw it out......I just couldn't do it.

Today in Dromana I used the same recipe on pork ribs......delicious!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back