The food and wine thread

Went to my favourite deli and grocer today and bought a piece of Blue Gongonzola and some nice Brown mushrooms as making pasta with sauce.

Yum so quick and easy also cheap, all up about $20.00 for three.

Probably not the right place for this, but a mate of mine is big into this newish product to Australia called Kyani and is trying to get me to join and help flog this product. It's a multi-level marketing program, which I'm guessing in old peoples talk is a pyramid scam but it's the product that sounds interesting not the marketing side.

Anyone had anything to do with this or have heard about it? I'm getting a free trial pack tomorrow to see if it works but interested whether any others have used something similar and whether there would be benefits form using a supplement like this.

Thoughts Magpie Girl

http://www.kyanisupplementsonline.com

Probably not the right place for this, but a mate of mine is big into this newish product to Australia called Kyani and is trying to get me to join and help flog this product. It's a multi-level marketing program, which I'm guessing in old peoples talk is a pyramid scam but it's the product that sounds interesting not the marketing side.

Anyone had anything to do with this or have heard about it? I'm getting a free trial pack tomorrow to see if it works but interested whether any others have used something similar and whether there would be benefits form using a supplement like this.

Thoughts Magpie Girl

Haven't heard of this one. I'm wary of these MLM schemes though. They make the product expensive.
There seem to be a lot of good things in the supplement, but many of those are available separately or in other formulas. None of these seem to last long in the MLM format.

However I am a firm believer in supporting and maintaining a healthy immune system

Sep 1, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney

Overpriced product with similar products that can be purchased cheaper at the chemist / health food store.

Kyani is making the rounds in Adelaide. Flogs everywhere posting on FB about this "business opportunity," better "health" and "wealth," "dream car program" etc. No matter what they say, it's a pyramid scheme. Aim is to recruit people as that's where the money comes from. Problem is, only a select few actually make any coin from it. See http://usincome.kyani.net/ I can't believe people get sucked into thinking they are going to become millionaires from this.

Overpriced product with similar products that can be purchased cheaper at the chemist / health food store.

Kyani is making the rounds in Adelaide. Flogs everywhere posting on FB about this "business opportunity," better "health" and "wealth," "dream car program" etc. No matter what they say, it's a pyramid scheme. Aim is to recruit people as that's where the money comes from. Problem is, only a select few actually make any coin from it. See http://usincome.kyani.net/ I can't believe people get sucked into thinking they are going to become millionaires from this.
I'm a little worried because 2 good mates of mine are pushing it and from Adelaide. Seem to be caught up in the money making and car program but they do mention it's doing wonders for them, but maybe that's part of the selling point.

I've had a 7 day trial and really didn't see much benefit although they reckon 10 days for noticeable effect but then why 7 day sample packs.

Sep 1, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm a little worried because 2 good mates of mine are pushing it and from Adelaide. Seem to be caught up in the money making and car program but they do mention it's doing wonders for them, but maybe that's part of the selling point.

Of course it's part of the selling point. And on the point of selling, the distributors sell little of the product. They actually have to spend about $200 every month buying the magic potion. I know one of them who has boxes of the stuff as no-one from the public wants to buy the overpriced product.

You rarely/never see distributors advertising to sell their products. They only advertise how they want you to join their team, because that's where the money is.

The dream car program is a car lease. It's not free as they claim. If you leave the company, you're responsible for the lease. If your rank drops below sapphire (which happens if below below you drop out), you are responsible to pay for the car.

The "free family trips" they claim are actually work conferences. I know someone who went on about qualifying for free accommodation and people called her inspirational. Serious? Free accommodation?

A lot of the common catch phrases are classified as warning signs in govt documents.

http://www.consumeraffairs.nt.gov.au/ForConsumers/PyramidSelling/Documents/pyramid_selling.pdf
https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/sites/default/files/atoms/files/pyramidschemes.pdf

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It doesn't mean it's not a good product. But pyramid selling is to be avoided
Amway says hi.

Is that still going?
Must admit I just hear the name, grrrrrr

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was just thinking about a lovely little eatery / restaurant in Thailand (Patong)
It's near Ibis and Fraceland for those than know Patong?
Just glorious food, people so friendly.
It's a little place but everything is so tasty there.

Yum

Then again a nice wine with some blue vein cheese, delicious

I love local Farmers Market and the local school has one every Saturday.

Bought smoked salmon pate one Saturday and it was divine but he only comes every third Saturday and the tubs are small, cost $10.
So I looked at the ingredients and though, I can make that.:p
Of course there weren't exact measurement for everything but not one to follow recipes gave it a try.
Small pkt of smoked salmon
Few sprigs of dill finely chopped
one heaped soup spoon of dijon mustard
teaspoon of horseradish
two heaped soup spoons of garlic mayo (farmers market)
1 and half soup spoons of philly cream cheese
1 whole juice of a lemon

Blend together but not too fine, salmon to be chunky. Yum

Total cost was about the same but made twice as much.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Bought smoked salmon pate one Saturday and it was divine but he only comes every third Saturday and the tubs are small, cost $10.
Of course there weren't exact measurement for everything but not one to follow recipes gave it a try.
teaspoon of horseradish
1 whole juice of a lemon

Sounds nice. The only thing I have ever bought from farmers market was this organic peanut butter that gave me the runs. :(

Went to Sun Wah Chinese Fusion restaurant in Mordialloc last night for dinner with the wife. Been there once before an it was amazing, this trip did not disappoint.

Had the midweek banquet special and shared each other's plates. Ended up with Peking Duck and Pork + Prawn croquettes with truffle mayo for entree, sizzling beef stir fry and massaman beef ribs with a side of fried rice for mains, and for dessert, a chocolate sphere containing chocolate mousse, with hot chocolate sauce poured over the top to melt it, along with fresh raspberries and honeycomb spears, and a Bombe Alaska with mango mousse, which had flaming brandy poured on it. Holy s**t. For $50 each it was bloody good stuff, and they gave my wife some complimentary Moroccan fairy floss because it was her birthday.

The fish and chip shop 2 doors down is A1 as well fwiw!

Last edited:
Went to Sun Wah Chinese Fusion restaurant last night for dinner with the wife. Been there once before an it was amazing, this trip did not disappoint.

Had the midweek banquet special and shared each other's plates. Ended up with Peking Duck and Pork + Prawn croquettes with truffle mayo for entree, sizzling beef stir fry and massaman beef ribs with a side of fried rice for mains, and for dessert, a chocolate sphere containing chocolate mousse, with hot chocolate sauce poured over the top to melt it, along with fresh raspberries and honeycomb spears, and a Bombe Alaska with mango mousse, which had flaming brandy poured on it. Holy s**t. For $50 each it was bloody good stuff, and they gave my wife some complimentary Moroccan fairy floss because it was her birthday.

The fish and chip shop 2 doors down is A1 as well fwiw!

Where is it Apex?

teaspoon of horseradish
1 whole juice of a lemon

Love smoked foods, especially seafood.

Don't normally take any notice of recipes on products but liked the sound of this and tried it last night anyway was delicious, so you really must try.
CCF10082016_0000.jpg

Aug 6, 2007
Vegas
AFL Club
Collingwood
My top 3 are Cisk, a Maltese Lager that you could drink all day everyday, Hargreave Hill pale ale from Yarra Glen is a bloody cracker as is Kirin a fantastic Japanese brew.

I have tried looking for Cisk whenever I have been in any bottle shop but cannot find it.
You know of anywhere you can get it in Melbourne?

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have tried looking for Cisk whenever I have been in any bottle shop but cannot find it.
You know of anywhere you can get it in Melbourne?

Used to get it from Atellier Imports in Richmond which has since closed down :( However I do believe you can get it from Acland cellars in St Kilda.

Back