3. Pepper
4. Oregano
5. Charcoal

Attachments

• Chops_sml.jpg
    Chops_sml.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 65

What about your lamb chops?

I left myself wide open for that one, and a mod was the first to lay the boots in! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Savage times in BigFooty. I will not edit the original statement, so it will remain a lesson for me to keep the guard up!

Wife sent me a text "... can you please get some spring onions and a bag of small snow peas" - assume she mean't a small bag of snow peas. Duly presented the items to wife saying " assumed you mean't small bag of snow peas" to which she replied "no I mean't what I said... bag of small snow peas". I then listened carefully to the explanation that the small snow peas are more tender and don't have the stringy bits at the end!

Being unaware of the micro-distinctions in the snow pea species I replied that if she had said " .. .a bag of the smaller, tender snow peas" it would have been clearer!

She duly trimmed the snow peas - see Diag 1

Diag 1
1555043832494.png

She makes an excellent fried rice using leftover pork from roast pork.

On the self-serve checkout snow peas were listed as "peas snow" - told the attendant they are universally referred to as "snow peas" so that need to be fixed! :)

Shall enjoy the fried rice with a glass of white hopefully before Pies spank Dogs!

Wife sent me a text "... can you please get some spring onions and a bag of small snow peas" - assume she mean't a small bag of snow peas. Duly presented the items to wife saying " assumed you mean't small bag of snow peas" to which she replied "no I mean't what I said... bag of small snow peas". I then listened carefully to the explanation that the small snow peas are more tender and don't have the stringy bits at the end!

Being unaware of the micro-distinctions in the snow pea species I replied that if she had said " .. .a bag of the smaller, tender snow peas" it would have been clearer!

She duly trimmed the snow peas - see Diag 1

Diag 1
View attachment 652985

She makes an excellent fried rice using leftover pork from roast pork.

On the self-serve checkout snow peas were listed as "peas snow" - told the attendant they are universally referred to as "snow peas" so that need to be fixed! :)

Shall enjoy the fried rice with a glass of white hopefully before Pies spank Dogs!
My Mrs is an award winning Produce Manager for the biggest independent regional supermarket in Victoria.
She laughed at the concept of “small snow peas”.
Never seen that on an order list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aldi are selling some very nice wines for incredibly low prices....not really sure how they do it, but I'm enjoying it

Picked up a French Champagne (Brut) today after sampling a bottle yesterday.............taste as good as Veuve Cliquot.

The price is embarrassing at a whopping $7.00.

Also the Rosé wines from Italy & France are fantastic.

Picked up a French Champagne (Brut) today after sampling a bottle yesterday.............taste as good as Veuve Cliquot.

The price is embarrassing at a whopping $7.00.

Also the Rosé wines from Italy & France are fantastic.
How do they do it?

I buy first rate New Zealand Whites for under $10 a bottle, the equivalent anywhere else would be $20 to $25

How do they do it?

I buy first rate New Zealand Whites for under $10 a bottle, the equivalent anywhere else would be $20 to $25

They go direct to the Wineries and buy the lot.

The Germans are very smart operators.....I don’t remember the last time I went to Dan Murphy’s.

Very hard to get rid of a grain of quinoa from crevice in keyboard at work - eventually flicked it out with the corner of a tissue

View attachment 499125

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I shouldn't be eating over the top of my keyboard - don't remind me......
Slightly late comment re the bolded - but I haven't used my keyboard since I accidentally up-ended a glass of Kenwood shiraz over it a few years ago, giving it a terminal hangover. Since then I have used an on-screen keyboard, selecting the letters with a mouse.

Much slower than touch-typing, and if going at a clip can cause one's eyes to swivel in different directions independently of each other, reminiscent of a gecko, but it frees the keyboard up nicely for eating snacks, leaning on, and as a handy base for post-it stickers.

One blogger thought it somewhat Strangelovian and wanted to know if I had a white cat. Damned impertinence, but it works for me...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back