The food rating thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I was referring to

View attachment 836870
iu

overrated - bacon

underrated - crispy skin salmon

Hamburgers from burger joints/restaurants - overrated, can mkae better ones at home and in the end, its just a burger

BBQ sauce - criminally overrated - thats all you can taste when its added to any food.

Burgers from fish and chip shops underrated.

The trend these days seem to be $20 for a 3 inch thick pattie that means you can't taste anything else.

My local fish and greasies joint does a burger with the lot, including bacon, egg and pineapple for $7.50. It destroys those fat, excessive meat concoctions. I want to be able to pick it up, hold it and smash it down, not have to dislocate my jaw like a snake to bite it, or heaven forbid, cut it up with a knife and fork.

Burgers from fish and chip shops underrated.

The trend these days seem to be $20 for a 3 inch thick pattie that means you can't taste anything else.

My local fish and greasies joint does a burger with the lot, including bacon, egg and pineapple for $7.50. It destroys those fat, excessive meat concoctions. I want to be able to pick it up, hold it and smash it down, not have to dislocate my jaw like a snake to bite it, or heaven forbid, cut it up with a knife and fork.

My missus would just about order a burger over anything else - i just dont get it. Fish n Chip burgers are some of the best, ill agree on that one (for a decent price as well). I dont rate 'Burger Joints'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might lose my citizenship for this but...Tim Tams - overrated. Seem to be universally loved but really just a cheap biscuit covered in crap chocolate. The "cream" in the middle is perhaps the worst and many of their specialty/gourmet varieties are inedible. Chewy Caramel the only 'passable' flavour IMO.

Not sure why they evoke the 'excitement' that they seem to when you could buy for example a packet of good choc chip/macadamia style biscuits from the fresh bake section for a similar price and are a million times better.

Overrated: Halal snack pack. Not terrible, but after the first minute or so the chips become a mushy, saucy mess.

Underrated: The humble sausage and egg McMuffin.

I find the same with poutine. Its a nice salty cholesterol filling meal but 5 mins in its just a mush. Chips and gravy are great, keep them separate.

overrated - bacon
I recently did an all inclusive cruise and I had the options of English American and Canadian bacon for breakfast.
Canadian Bacon is amazing
English Bacon is good.
American Bacon is overated. Would only eat it if in America and it was my only choice.

But having Bacon and Egg Muffins for breakfast was amazing :p

My go with bacon is to cook it with sweet chilli and Worcestershire sauces.
Poached eggs,mushrooms cooked in lots of butter and bacon on sourdough toast
a big pot of tea ,save a slice of toast for a finisher with marmalade ....mmmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back