The food rating thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Underrated - Dutch licorice.

I honestly hadn't had it for 35 years. I visited friends up at The Entrance in January and there was a lolly shop that had it, mmm mmm, delish. Small diamonds not the big ones / Zouts I had as a kid. My wife and daughters tried it and all hated it and out friends and their 2 kids all hated it. Weirdos. I also bought a pack of Big Red chewies that I hadn't had in even longer, yummo, spicy cinnamon flavoured, just like Fireball Whisky.

Last edited:
Underrated - Dutch licorice.

I honestly hadn't had it for 35 years. I visited friends up at The Entrance in January and there was a lolly shop that had it, mmm mmm, delish. Small diamonds not the big ones / Zouts I had as a kid. My wife and daughters tried it and all hated it and out friends and their 2 kids all hated it. Weirdos. I also bought a pack of Big Red chewies that I hadn't had in even longer, yummo, spicy cinnamon flavoured, just like Fireball Whisky.
Ive only had it as kid its the Vegemite of liquorices,I hated it sooo salty

Poached eggs,mushrooms cooked in lots of butter and bacon on sourdough toast
a big pot of tea ,save a slice of toast for a finisher with marmalade ....mmmmm

Reminds me when I used to work near Smithfield market in London. The pubs used to open early doors to cater for the meat workers coming off night shift and breakfast for office workers. From the Fox and Anchor. This is a breakfast!

1583986966413.png

Reminds me when I used to work near Smithfield market in London. The pubs used to open early doors to cater for the meat workers coming off night shift and breakfast for office workers. From the Fox and Anchor. This is a breakfast!

View attachment 838110
I used to have "the builder"
In London ,it was an all day breakfast place
Eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, toast, chips and tea

I used to have "the builder"
In London ,it was an all day breakfast place
Eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, toast, chips and tea

I was never a fan of baked beans and tomato. Toast and marmalade was the perfect breakfast dessert in English, Sottish or Irish B&Bs.

But half the animal kingdom on a plate washed down by a pint of Guinness made for a great start to the working day.

I was never a fan of baked beans and tomato. Toast and marmalade was the perfect breakfast dessert in English, Sottish or Irish B&Bs.

But half the animal kingdom on a plate washed down by a pint of Guinness made for a great start to the working day.

Surprised you'd have any energy left for working, trying to digest that lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgers from fish and chip shops underrated.

The trend these days seem to be $20 for a 3 inch thick pattie that means you can't taste anything else.

My local fish and greasies joint does a burger with the lot, including bacon, egg and pineapple for $7.50. It destroys those fat, excessive meat concoctions. I want to be able to pick it up, hold it and smash it down, not have to dislocate my jaw like a snake to bite it, or heaven forbid, cut it up with a knife and fork.

Thats about as cheap as you'll see for a burger with the lot these days.

Underrated-
Novelty milk drinks, (ie: CHOKITO or RED SKIN flavoured OAK)
We need more innovation in the field of milk drink flavour, there's heaps of different chocolate bars out there, why is it taking so long!!?
Bubble O Bill's nose how to make a s**t-house ice cream not a s**t-house ice cream with one tiny addition
Curry Literally the best food ever. Spice, gravy and stuff cannot be beaten. (pro-tip, if you've panic-bought 200kg of rice, right now is the time to upskill your curry making! Red, Green, Yellow, India, Thailand, Malaysia, so much to try!!!)
Minties a humble candy that can also help make women not run away from you if you've just eaten a packet of cigarettes
Tin Spaghetti aka Best spaghetti throw it in a jaffle for a wholesome meal that takes less than a minute to cook.
Blueberry Why is strawberry a defacto milkshake or ice-cream flavour and blueberry is not?

Overrated-
Hot Cross Buns If it's only available during a religious celebration it can't be good.
Any dessert that's associated with Australia Pavlova? s**t. Fairy Bread? Literally just white bread, sugar and food colouring. s**t.
Barbeque Flavoured Shapes Used to be good but they don't have enough of those delicious sprinkles on them anymore.
Oyster There's only one reason that texture should be ever come in contact with a mouth, tongue, face etc. and it's 100% not seafood

Edit: forgot deep-fried mars bars, if your local fish & chippy dispensary sells these bad boys make sure you get one! chocolate bar with extra fat and grease, how can you * that up? you can't! Severely underrated!

overrated - bacon

underrated - crispy skin salmon

The chemical used on bacon can be made from filtering piss through horse manure

That puts things into perspective

Bacon adds absolutely nothing to a burger. Don't get why there's such infatuation in loading them up with bacon when it only adds a slight crispy texture to it, but its taste disappears beyond the saltiness.

And then I never have it on its own because I don't often eat breakfast, and if I do I settle for a quick bowl of muesli and/or fruit. Don't really care for bacon and eggs in general so I guess I almost never have bacon, which doesn't really fuss me.

Bacon adds absolutely nothing to a burger. Don't get why there's such infatuation in loading them up with bacon when it only adds a slight crispy texture to it, but its taste disappears beyond the saltiness.

And then I never have it on its own because I don't often eat breakfast, and if I do I settle for a quick bowl of muesli and/or fruit. Don't really care for bacon and eggs in general so I guess I almost never have bacon, which doesn't really fuss me.

Most of the bacon these days is complete crap….Whatever happened to the real-deal streaky bacon we use to get in the shops as kids FFS!

These days you have to source it from an independent butcher, or just forget about it....all the stuff served in most cafes nowadays is putrid.

Most of the bacon these days is complete crap….Whatever happened to the real-deal streaky bacon we use to get in the shops as kids FFS!

These days you have to source it from an independent butcher, or just forget about it....all the stuff served in most cafes nowadays is putrid.
I do know some places like to microwave their bacon which is appalling

Underrated-
Novelty milk drinks, (ie: CHOKITO or RED SKIN flavoured OAK)
We need more innovation in the field of milk drink flavour, there's heaps of different chocolate bars out there, why is it taking so long!!?
Bubble O Bill's nose how to make a s**t-house ice cream not a s**t-house ice cream with one tiny addition
Curry Literally the best food ever. Spice, gravy and stuff cannot be beaten. (pro-tip, if you've panic-bought 200kg of rice, right now is the time to upskill your curry making! Red, Green, Yellow, India, Thailand, Malaysia, so much to try!!!)
Minties a humble candy that can also help make women not run away from you if you've just eaten a packet of cigarettes
Tin Spaghetti aka Best spaghetti throw it in a jaffle for a wholesome meal that takes less than a minute to cook.
Blueberry Why is strawberry a defacto milkshake or ice-cream flavour and blueberry is not?

Overrated-
Hot Cross Buns If it's only available during a religious celebration it can't be good.
Any dessert that's associated with Australia Pavlova? s**t. Fairy Bread? Literally just white bread, sugar and food colouring. s**t.
Barbeque Flavoured Shapes Used to be good but they don't have enough of those delicious sprinkles on them anymore.
Oyster There's only one reason that texture should be ever come in contact with a mouth, tongue, face etc. and it's 100% not seafood

Edit: forgot deep-fried mars bars, if your local fish & chippy dispensary sells these bad boys make sure you get one! chocolate bar with extra fat and grease, how can you fu** that up? you can't! Severely underrated!
I'm happy hot cross buns are basically an all year thing now, love them

Bubble-o bills nose loses flavour almost instantly, the best ice cream as a kid though

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back