The food rating thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They wouldnt be selling HCBs the week after Xmas if they werent excellent
I just have them at Easter to maintain the element of surprise and create an element of longing for something really nice
Toasted with butter ... FTW

Got some hoarded in my freezer, from a month back, so I dont get sneezed on this year when I go to get them

They wouldnt be selling HCBs the week after Xmas if they werent excellent
I just have them at Easter to maintain the element of surprise and create an element of longing for something really nice
Toasted with butter ... FTW

Got some hoarded in my freezer, from a month back, so I dont get sneezed on this year when I go to get them
I do agree on the not having them though, like anything they lose their greatness with over exposure

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Underated (by me definitely) - Old school 80's chow mein - hated it as a kid, loved it tonight. Mum would be turning in her grave with the amount of whinging I used to do.

Love Wombok

Old school Chinese is excellent
I fondly remember going to a Chinese place in Colac and they used cubed frozen veg and it was magical, in its own uniquely regional adaptation to conservative rural Australian tastes.

Love Wombok

Old school Chinese is excellent
I fondly remember going to a Chinese place in Colac and they used cubed frozen veg and it was magical, in its own uniquely regional adaptation to conservative rural Australian tastes.
We did the old 80's curried sausages last year, loved it. My mum's women's weekly box of recipes from the 1980's gets the occasional run for old times sake.

Overrated: Tim Tams, Tomato Sauce, Mayo, Slurpees.

Underrated: Olives, Chickpeas, Dark chocolate coated bars (cherry ripe, kit kat...).

Also as mentioned earlier, pancakes (and waffles) :sick:, crepes on the other hand :thumbsu:

Stop buying rubbish bacon you muppets. Go to a decent deli and get some fresh sliced sutff. Tastes nothing like the dross you get at any supermarket, takeaway etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop buying rubbish bacon you muppets. Go to a decent deli and get some fresh sliced sutff. Tastes nothing like the dross you get at any supermarket, takeaway etc etc.
But I went in for toilet paper and its all that was there.....

agree
Dont buy the crap they will need to make more of the good stuff

Dirty westernised Chinese is definitely underrated. $20 each for a whole bunch of dishees of fried pork, broiled chicken etc. Count me in.

Wagyu beef overrated. Proper high grade Japanese Wagyu beef is amazing, but far too often things with beef in them are just called "Wagyu" to make them sound better than they are. Have had dozens of "Wagyu" beef burgers that are no better than non Wagyu ones.

could only get bbq pizza sauce for homemade pizzas last night - when mixed with the little bit from the old bottle of normal pizza sauce it was quite nice (not too bbq which is my normal complaint for bbq sauces on anything)

Kabana was a nice addition as well on the pizza

could only get bbq pizza sauce for homemade pizzas last night - when mixed with the little bit from the old bottle of normal pizza sauce it was quite nice (not too bbq which is my normal complaint for bbq sauces on anything)

Kabana was a nice addition as well on the pizza
I just use straight passata and a sprinkle of oregano as the base (dont know if thats still available in the supermarkets now ????)

haha, couldnt get any meat darl so we're eating dried oregano
2 main go to pizzas are capricossa and margherita sometimes with hot salami
Plenty of portioned cryovaced and frozen hot salami and bacon for those two
I grow oregano and basil and sometimes make my own passata

Remove this Banner Ad

Back