Pumpkin soup
Pumpkin scones
Pumpkin pancakes
pumpkin fruitcake
and Pumpkin gnochi

I dont grow any but the neighbours do and I end up with way more than I need
Roasted is best
Roasted first then put in all the above would improve them too

I grow sweet potatoes, grows like a weed here, tastes better than pumpkin, is a more manageable size and can be used for anything a pumpkin can do , but not as wet and a deeper flavour and you can eat the greens, but you can do that with pumpkins too but not as nice.
You put your hand in grab a potato and it just keeps growing
Great for softening the soil too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ripe ones fried in a little oil.
Slight caramalisation then sprinkle with a touch of salt.
Sweet and savoury taste.
Serve as accompaniment to rice and beans.
I got a banana licence and imported some plants into town from the sterile banana lab in Tully and still havent tried one
I will see if there are any ripe next time I drive past

Need a subthread ranking long life canned rubbish food so we can choose wisely when there's only Maggie Chicken Noodle Soup or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese left on the shelves.

Need a sub thread ranking long life canned rubbish food so we can choose wisely when there's only Maggie Chicken Noodle Soup or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese left on the shelves.

Hard to beat Baked-Beans & Spaghetti I'd of thought....all the sauce preserve probably helps.

Need a subthread ranking long life canned rubbish food so we can choose wisely when there's only Maggie Chicken Noodle Soup or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese left on the shelves.
There was heaps of pea and ham in the pouch at Coles that's actually not too shabby and under $3
The dahls aren't bad either

Surprised Nutella hasn't been mentioned. Wouldn't say I hate it but could happily never eat it again. Not to mention it 90% fat and sugar. Way inferior to Peanut Butter

Underrated: Baked beans. Perfect Sunday night lazy meal.
Nah, nutella is ******* tops mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back