The foodies thread

HBF

Flying Scotsman
Sep 24, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
A thread dedicated to favourite restaurants, favourite places to eat and even meals you like eating.

Living in Melbourne I feel we are so spoiled for choice.
Must say I do like going into Lygon St and getting a pasta for dinner, a mid afternoon coffee, or even getting up early and driving in there for breakfast.

Don't really have a favourite restaurant on the street - try as many different places as I can.
However, Pasta Rustica is somewhere I have been a few times and the meals are just fantastic
Can recommend the spaghetti cartoccio

http://pastarustica.com.au/html/s01_home/home.asp?id=home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo's my hero

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2007
Sunbury
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
A thread dedicated to favourite restaurants, favourite places to eat and even meals you like eating.

Living in Melbourne I feel we are so spoiled for choice.
Must say I do like going into Lygon St and getting a pasta for dinner, a mid afternoon coffee, or even getting up early and driving in there for breakfast.

Don't really have a favourite restaurant on the street - try as many different places as I can.
However, Pasta Rustica is somewhere I have been a few times and the meals are just fantastic
Can recommend the spaghetti cartoccio

http://pastarustica.com.au/html/s01_home/home.asp?id=home
Great choice of restaurants in Sunbury!

I was in Cafe Circe yesterday for brunch. I felt like poached eggs on toast. I threw on some spinach as well. A little water to hydrate. Finished it with a flat white, no sugar.

Company is important as well. Always take the wife;)

Reactions: HBF

Jeremias

Sep 26, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
MUFC, LAL, PSG
Us Melbournians really are spoiled for choice.

Phenomenal range of choices across just about every cuisine you could think of.

I don't have a favourite restaurant but do have preferences with regards to cuisine and then you can narrow it down from there.

Just another reason to :hearts: Melbourne.

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Tuart Hill, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Great idea for a thread. Although I love going out to eat Perth is rather expensive so I have an entertainment book so I get to try loads of different places. My favourite type of cuisine is middle eastern. Went out a couple of weekends ago and indulge with two best friends at a place called Bread and Common, even though it was expensive the food was awesome.

HBF

Flying Scotsman
Sep 24, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
Us Melbournians really are spoiled for choice.

Phenomenal range of choices across just about every cuisine you could think of.

I don't have a favourite restaurant but do have preferences with regards to cuisine and then you can narrow it down from there.

Just another reason to :hearts: Melbourne.
Same.
Don't have a favourite restaurant either. Just enjoy getting out and trying different cuisine's that Melbourne has to offer.

James_Blues

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Always been heavily interested in food since I was a kid and I'm now working in a kitchen part-time while I'm studying which is awesome. Would love to go to The Fat Duck when it opens here in Melbourne, but I think I'd struggle to get a booking :(. Would also love to go to Attica at some point, my dad went there last year and said it was amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SE_Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves; Meath GAA

If you have not eaten hot vit lon you have missed out.

SBYM

Fish, chips, cup 'o tea, Mary @#? Poppins. London!
Oct 9, 2009
SE15
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
If anyone dares to claim that one of I Carusi or Woodstock are not the best pizza restaurants in Melbourne I will find out where you live and put a burning bag of dog poo on your front doorstep.

SBYM

Fish, chips, cup 'o tea, Mary @#? Poppins. London!
Oct 9, 2009
SE15
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Dumplings go pretty damn well.

Jatz

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Sydney has a lot of quality restaurants as well.

Surry Hills is packed with them.

Often the smaller ones that few know about are the best :thumbsu:

LordLucifer

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Whenever I go home, I make sure I get some dimmies from Sth Melb market, Viet from Tho Tho in Richmond and a wood-fired pizza from Il Caminetto in Moonee Ponds.

Top Bottom