The foodies thread 🦞🍤🍕🥞

Remove this Banner Ad

My mates and I are looking for somewhere to go for a steakiversary... Somewhere yum we can go to for an annual boys night out.

We went to Vlados last year and couple of the crew left underwhelmed. But that's the vibe we're after.

Reasonable budget, but not crazy pricey, ideally inner or SE Melb, hopefully something that will be around for years where we can set a tradition...

Any suggestions?

My mates and I are looking for somewhere to go for a steakiversary... Somewhere yum we can go to for an annual boys night out.

We went to Vlados last year and couple of the crew left underwhelmed. But that's the vibe we're after.

Reasonable budget, but not crazy pricey, ideally inner or SE Melb, hopefully something that will be around for years where we can set a tradition...

Any suggestions?

I've heard the Meat and Wine Co is good

Any suggestions?
Does Glen Waverley tickle ya pickle? There's an awesome steak place there

I've heard the Meat and Wine Co is good

It is good. Been there quite a few times. Cool fact, somehow (maybe if become a member?) they give you a steak knife engraved with your name and keep it there for when you visit. Stupid gimmick, but somehow awesome at the same time!

Does Glen Waverley tickle ya pickle? There's an awesome steak place there

Do tell.....

Otherwise, I'm thinking...

La Luna - fancy, pricey place in Carlton (where else!) but they do amazing food there.
Railway Club Hotel in Port Melbourne - never been, but has good reviews
Grill on the Hill - also haven't been, but one mate is a big fan...
Squires Loft - a mate somehow knows one of the owners, so we've been going here for years. Not cheap, but very consistent, very good food. Would be a perfect candidate if we weren't looking for something different.

It is good. Been there quite a few times. Cool fact, somehow (maybe if become a member?) they give you a steak knife engraved with your name and keep it there for when you visit. Stupid gimmick, but somehow awesome at the same time!

Do tell.....

Otherwise, I'm thinking...

La Luna - fancy, pricey place in Carlton (where else!) but they do amazing food there.
Railway Club Hotel in Port Melbourne - never been, but has good reviews
Grill on the Hill - also haven't been, but one mate is a big fan...
Squires Loft - a mate somehow knows one of the owners, so we've been going here for years. Not cheap, but very consistent, very good food. Would be a perfect candidate if we weren't looking for something different.
Google The Steak Ministry

I've been to the Railway Club Hotel. It was ok

Thanks for the feedback, BB.

Google The Steak Ministry

Thanks MEB. What a silly name for a restaurant :)

La Luna. Delicious and great service. Not stuffy and it's in Carlton.

I went about 5 years go, was a sensational meal. I don't normally follow celebrity chefs, but Adrian Richardson knows and respect his meat. I reckon the set menu was $85 when I went, prob ~$100 now. Just emailed to ask...

What are people's thoughts on Meatmother? I've heard good things about it but never been

Been to Meat Maiden (sister...er, daughter...restaurant?) for lunch a few times.

They do nice Americana style food, without getting too carried away..

Genuine pulled pork, slow-cooked briskits, wings, aged meats etc. Very nice food. Super tasty and succulent. Not too expensive. Assuming the places are similar, worth checking out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ferrisb - have you been to Steer in South Yarra?

Yeah, once. Was a little unimpressed. I know you go there for the meat, but the service was woeful. From memory, the steaks were ok value, but you add on chips, a side salad (who knows why) and a sauce and it was like an extra $25. Felt a bit gouge-y...

Any suggestions?

ferrisb I don't know where you are located in Melbourne, but the MPD Steak Kitchen (Meat Packing District) opens tomorrow and it's in Berwick.

Had an excellent write up in the HUN this morning and will be run by the ex head executive chef from Vue de monde.

https://www.facebook.com/mpdsteakkitchen/

https://twitter.com/mpdsteakkitchen

Sounds good and I may even try it out (day trip). :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back