The foodies thread 🦞🍤🍕🥞

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to venture up the Paris end, that's where the best eats are in / around Collins.

Suggest;

Pastuso
Mamasita
Supernormal
Gingerboy
MoVida
Punch Lane
ChinChin

Don't think you can go wrong with any of the above.

Hey Cassius,

Thanks for the suggestions. You have nice taste. I have been to a few and was very happy with all. A bit above my workday lunch budget though....

Got a work dinner tomorrow night, might try and steer them to MoVida. Close to my fave restaurant in Melb.

Hey Cassius,

Thanks for the suggestions. You have nice taste. I have been to a few and was very happy with all. A bit above my workday lunch budget though....

Got a work dinner tomorrow night, might try and steer them to MoVida. Close to my fave restaurant in Melb.

Cheers Ferris, yeah agree. I'm lucky enough to be able to hit the company credit card up for "entertaining clients"
Also lucky enough to have clients that are great mates as well. It's the perfect storm really, just gets hard to explain to the wife that I'm "working". It's probably why I'm a fat drunken bastard though !!!

The things you find out of pure chance. Me and the wifey headed down Barkly st West Footscray for some Indian takeaway and found a Latin American restaurant called Nuevo Latino Los Rodriguez.
What started as a night of some cheap takeout turned into a 1am bender with some of the best food ive eaten in ages! Great hosts, great beer/wine and great music.
Check it out..

The things you find out of pure chance. Me and the wifey headed down Barkly st West Footscray for some Indian takeaway and found a Latin American restaurant called Nuevo Latino Los Rodriguez.
What started as a night of some cheap takeout turned into a 1am bender with some of the best food ive eaten in ages! Great hosts, great beer/wine and great music.
Check it out..
Oooh that sounds good!

Hobartians. Week in Tassie coming up centred around a Friday Feast at Fat Pig Farm...bit keen. Also planning at least one big night out in Hobart...tossing up between Smolt, Landscape and Franklin. Any clues?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried a new steakhouse in the City, A Hereford Beefstouw.

Danish steakhouse, only been open two to three months, wasn't bad but wouldn't rush to go back.

Great fit-out, bit like sitting in IKEA to eat lunch though, custom made knife and forks were a work of art.
Has a buffet salad bar, whilst up-market, did remind me of the old salad bars at the local all those years ago.

Sits in Duckford Place - AC/DC Lane, same place as one of my favourites Pastuso. The laneway contains Pastuso (Peruvian Grill) Le Ho Fook (Chinese/Taiwanese) Papa Goose (British) and is behind Garden State, the go to establishment in the City and Cherry Bar. All quality and all within 100 metres on the same City back block.

Sometimes we take it for granted to have so many wonderful places to wine & dine.

And if you like your whiskey venture around the corner to Malthouse Lane, there is a bar tucked away down on the right hand side (Very understated, you won't see it from Flinders Lane) called Eau De Vie. Probably my favourite
"I'm here to have a serious drink" bar in Melbourne.

Moretons on Rathdowne street Carlton.
22 seat, French bistro. Husband and son in the kitchen, wife on the floor.
The food is always, always good, as is the service.
It's probably the only place in Melbourne where I always order the steak, bernaise sauce. It's kinda perfect.
I try to stay away from things like pommes frites, but these guys have made them an art form
The wine list is nothing special, but they do BYO.
If you're in the area it's worth a visit.

Moretons on Rathdowne street Carlton.
22 seat, French bistro. Husband and son in the kitchen, wife on the floor.
The food is always, always good, as is the service.
It's probably the only place in Melbourne where I always order the steak, bernaise sauce. It's kinda perfect.
I try to stay away from things like pommes frites, but these guys have made them an art form
The wine list is nothing special, but they do BYO.
If you're in the area it's worth a visit.
keen as mustard

400 Gradi, Lygon street Brunswick.
Pains me.
A couple of years ago this was a favourite, can't say that anymore.
The service is still very good, the wine list is still over priced with a couple of great wines, the food however.....
Most recently had a range of shared starters, followed by a shared Margherita Verace (that's the one with buffalo mozarella).
Starters were: Bruschetta al Pomodoro, Polpette al Sugo, Fiori di Zucca and the arancini.
The Bruschetta was fairly good, the Polpette were dry, the Fiori were inedible stodge (change the oil, serve them hot!) and the arancini were slightly more edible but far too stodgy. The sauce that has always accompanied the arancini has become a flavourless paste....
The pizza was very good.
The 2012 Pio Cesare Barolo was better than very good, it was excellent. And it should have been.
Sad times in Brunswick.

400 Gradi, Lygon street Brunswick.
Pains me.
A couple of years ago this was a favourite, can't say that anymore.
The service is still very good, the wine list is still over priced with a couple of great wines, the food however.....
Most recently had a range of shared starters, followed by a shared Margherita Verace (that's the one with buffalo mozarella).
Starters were: Bruschetta al Pomodoro, Polpette al Sugo, Fiori di Zucca and the arancini.
The Bruschetta was fairly good, the Polpette were dry, the Fiori were inedible stodge (change the oil, serve them hot!) and the arancini were slightly more edible but far too stodgy. The sauce that has always accompanied the arancini has become a flavourless paste....
The pizza was very good.
The 2012 Pio Cesare Barolo was better than very good, it was excellent. And it should have been.
Sad times in Brunswick.
I reckon Gradi is terribly overpriced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back