The foodies thread 🦞🍤🍕🥞

Remove this Banner Ad

Only just discovered this thread which is a shame because I don't eat out at any of the good places any more due to the kid but here is a bit of a list and stand outside for me.
Ezards, stuffed pork Trotter was amazing and the Nori butter with the bread was wow.
I was lucky enough to get a call up from the waiting list for the fat duck, by far the best dinning experience I have ever had, from the moment the sliding door opens and you walk up the long ramp to the small light and then the views over the river and city skyline, it was all magic. Food was amazing but not the best I have had.
I ate at Iggy's in Singapore when it was rated as the 15 best restaurant in the world.

Bistro Guillaume at crown was a bit of a fall back classic French, can't go wrong.
But best meal by far and it was a few years ago was at the lake house in daylesford, I still feel happy when I think about the smoked eel stuffed with confit shallots and wrapped in pancetta. Come to think of it ever time I have eaten smoked eel it has been something special.
Just one last one Gladioli in inverleigh

Only just discovered this thread which is a shame because I don't eat out at any of the good places any more due to the kid but here is a bit of a list and stand outside for me.
Ezards, stuffed pork Trotter was amazing and the Nori butter with the bread was wow.
I was lucky enough to get a call up from the waiting list for the fat duck, by far the best dinning experience I have ever had, from the moment the sliding door opens and you walk up the long ramp to the small light and then the views over the river and city skyline, it was all magic. Food was amazing but not the best I have had.
I ate at Iggy's in Singapore when it was rated as the 15 best restaurant in the world.

Bistro Guillaume at crown was a bit of a fall back classic French, can't go wrong.
But best meal by far and it was a few years ago was at the lake house in daylesford, I still feel happy when I think about the smoked eel stuffed with confit shallots and wrapped in pancetta. Come to think of it ever time I have eaten smoked eel it has been something special.
Just one last one Gladioli in inverleigh

+1 for The Lakehouse. Have stayed there for a work function and dined in the private dining wine room.
High end and delivered that way.
Quality, glad I didn’t have to pick up our wine bill that night.
Had lunch at Cecconi’s this week, a Crown original now in Finders Lane.
Quality food as always.
Tried Meatworks for the first time in South Melbourne. A take on American BBQ.
Wasn’t bad, I did like the industrial set-up.

+1 for The Lakehouse. Have stayed there for a work function and dined in the private dining wine room.
High end and delivered that way.
Quality, glad I didn’t have to pick up our wine bill that night.
Had lunch at Cecconi’s this week, a Crown original now in Finders Lane.
Quality food as always.
Tried Meatworks for the first time in South Melbourne. A take on American BBQ.
Wasn’t bad, I did like the industrial set-up.
Cecconi's is always good.

If you’re going overseas and looking for a quick meal I suggest you give Pizzaexpress and Five Guys (hamburger franchise). Overcharge. If you have an extra arm and leg then ignore this comment.

If you’re going overseas and looking for a quick meal I suggest you give Pizzaexpress and Five Guys (hamburger franchise). Overcharge. If you have an extra arm and leg then ignore this comment.

Shake Shack >>> Five Guys

I've got my FIRST night away from the bubba this Saturday. I'm equal parts nervous and excited....nervcited, if you will. Any recommendations on where HBF should go for dinner? Not too 'spensive but also not somewhere we'd go on the reg. We were going to head back to MPD Steak Kitchen but it's booked out waaah.

I've got my FIRST night away from the bubba this Saturday. I'm equal parts nervous and excited....nervcited, if you will. Any recommendations on where HBF should go for dinner? Not too 'spensive but also not somewhere we'd go on the reg. We were going to head back to MPD Steak Kitchen but it's booked out waaah.

Kisume. Japanese done real well.
Probably pushing towards expensive but * it MEB, it’s your first night out !!!

Just somewhere that is not my house and where there will be no screaming children lol. I don't eat seafood and HBF eats everything.

Well Kisume probably isn’t your thing if you don’t like seafood / sushi

Pastuso in AC/DC Lane in the City is really good. Great spot in the City.
Peruvian restaurant. Food is great and plenty of variety. Sits in a great restaurant / bar belt in the City.
Good vibe.
And it’s just around the corner from one of my favourite bars Eau De Vie in Malthouse Lane, or in a less hip / formal way you could grab a pre dinner drink and people watch at Garden State.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Kisume probably isn’t your thing if you don’t like seafood / sushi

Pastuso in AC/DC Lane in the City is really good. Great spot in the City.
Peruvian restaurant. Food is great and plenty of variety. Sits in a great restaurant / bar belt in the City.
Good vibe.

And it’s just around the corner from one of my favourite bars Eau De Vie in Malthouse Lane, or in a less hip / formal way you could grab a pre dinner drink and people watch at Garden State.
The Pisco Sours there are always really good.

It was my daughter’s birthday yesterday. We tried a new place in Melville Rd, West Brunswick called Postmistress. It’s an Italian restaurant and a little upmarket. The food and desserts were very tasty.

The only drawback were the teenage kids sitting close by. Can’t they lift a ******* chair when getting up or sitting down?

Lots of photos of Claudia Cardinale which is a bonus.
031D6019-6E22-4C1D-8BDE-C1FD2152A123.jpeg

Couple of good Christmas lunches.

Scopri with old work friends. Couple of times a year we do a BYO special wine.. Scopri are the best place to do this. And the food is great.

Sezar with the team. Delicious Armenian. Upmarket middle eastern style doesnt do it justice. 12 hour slow cooked lamb shoulder, with yoghurt and sour cherry sauces. Yum.

Couple of good Christmas lunches.

Scopri with old work friends. Couple of times a year we do a BYO special wine.. Scopri are the best place to do this. And the food is great.

Sezar with the team. Delicious Armenian. Upmarket middle eastern style doesnt do it justice. 12 hour slow cooked lamb shoulder, with yoghurt and sour cherry sauces. Yum.

Where’s Sezar? Middle eastern food is my fave

Sooooooooo, xmas Tuesday.

I cook a lot (and pretty good at it) but in the last 12 months both daughters have become vegan.

Somebody help me, I need 2 x foolproof dishes, don't have to be traditional xmas stuff.

Smart arse replies not required........i'm looking at you marsupial Mal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back