The foodies thread 🦞🍤🍕🥞

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to Tetsuya in Sydney on Saturday night. Was a birthday present from my wife but I'm more inclined to think of it as a token treat as she leaves for 5 weeks in Spain and Portugal the next day. She knew it was probably the only way she could get me to drive her to Sydney.

If you have not eaten hot vit lon you have missed out.

Only thing in Vietnam I won't eat, and I've eaten goat udder, pig's ear in jelly, fermented tofu and bun mam (fermented fish soup) - all delicious except for the pig ear slice. If you want to know what that tastes like, finely chop a shoe and set it in a tray of flavourless Aeroplane jelly. Of course it's drinking food, so by the time the ear slice comes out you've had too many mot hai ba YOs to give a s**t what you're eating.

Ezard on Flinders Lane is damn good if you've got some cash to splash. Two thumbs up.

Second that, Mebbie. Shouted my team the Express Lunch there a few months ago.

Stunning food. But too small. Just about followed it with 'dumpling chasers' from Chinatown to fill me up. Need to save for the degustation.

Second that, Mebbie. Shouted my team the Express Lunch there a few months ago.

Stunning food. But too small. Just about followed it with 'dumpling chasers' from Chinatown to fill me up. Need to save for the degustation.

If you're a tightass and you have an entertainment book like one of my girlfriends Ezard is on the gold card. We had dinner for two with wine for about $300. Good deal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it I want to come to Melbourne on a Tues and eat unlimited Tapas, I love the stuff especially the seafood and the pimento peppers (they're green and our pan fried in olive oil and garlic I think)

:eek:

I could never warrant spending that much on one meal, no matter how impressive it was! I expect it would be mighty impressive at that price Mebby?

I'd only do it once in a lifetime. It's either do it at the pop up in Melbourne or travel to London and go to the original Fat Duck. Heston is a bloody genius, I'm sure it would be worth it! (Your treat HBF ? :p )

I love my food but I can't understand spending so much on one meal nor could I ever justify it.

$525 for a meal is just outrageous regardless of the supposed quality or prestige.

I'd much rather spend that amount on 5-10 superb dining experiences which will leave me just as full and content, if not more so.

I love my food but I can't understand spending so much on one meal nor could I ever justify it.

$525 for a meal is just outrageous regardless of the supposed quality or prestige.

I'd much rather spend that amount on 5-10 superb dining experiences which will leave me just as full and content, if not more so.

Each to their own :)
I see it as more of a total experience than just a meal. And besides, you're not going to get many superb dining experiences for $50 a head. Maybe it's because I'm spoilt by working in a luxury environment for the last 3.5 years, but it's not that outrageous to me, if I can afford it and I don't do it all the time. I like spending money on amazing food, luxury hotels, etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back