Resource The Football History Video Resource

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you are interested their is a bit of old footage from the Tasmanian state footy final of 1911 between North Launceston & Cananore at the old TCA ground in Hobart. Cananore was the precursor club to the Hobart Tigers. I'm not much chop with computer wizardry, but if you look up Tasmanian football 1911 you will find it on U tube & under the National Film & Sound Archive. The initial crowd shots are magic, as is the footy:p It certainly is an historic piece of film.

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
If you are interested their is a bit of old footage from the Tasmanian state footy final of 1911 between North Launceston & Cananore at the old TCA ground in Hobart. Cananore was the precursor club to the Hobart Tigers. I'm not much chop with computer wizardry, but if you look up Tasmanian football 1911 you will find it on U tube & under the National Film & Sound Archive. The initial crowd shots are magic, as is the footy:p It certainly is an historic piece of film.

oh awesome

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
That's epic. Solid benchmark set for the thread there.

I just happened to look at this thread & I had seen this bit of film before, so looked it up. I think its the 2nd oldest bit of film on Aussie rules in existance. It would be great if some more old stuff like this could be found. Its just great Australian social/sports history.

SpiritOfCarlton

All Australian
Nov 30, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
A project the Carlton Past Players has been working on is to provide individual videos for as many past players as possible. This has been a big hit, many past players and their relatives have seen themselves on video for the first time as a result of this project. So far we have covered more than 100 past players with many more to come.

The channel can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiritofCarltonTV

Feel free to subscribe to see new videos as they appear.

Still the best Australian football doco. It's too bad the first 40 years are neglected, which I guess is fair since it's about the VFL/AFL, but it would be nice to see that era brought to life on screen.
The best VFL/AFL documentary perhaps.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Still the best Australian football doco. It's too bad the first 40 years are neglected, which I guess is fair since it's about the VFL/AFL, but it would be nice to see that era brought to life on screen.

It was a documentry on the VFL, not australian football history.

Still to this day a doc on the history of Australian Football has never ever been done.

It was a documentry on the VFL, not australian football history.

Still to this day a doc on the history of Australian Football has never ever been done.
The worst part about it is they called it '100 years of Australian Football', as if the competition and the sport history was one and the same.

Back