The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How different are your 3 tactics? And how often do you mix it up even when on winning runs?

I think I've found that if you stick with 1 winning formula too consistently FM find a way to play around it. And then as we know once 1 shaky result comes generally a couple more and a couple more after that.

But if you have 2 similar tactics with slight differences and mix them up every 2-3 games they struggle to work this out. Then having a 3rd completely different for when it looks like the ******* is coming you go to that at HT in the same you're struggling in and it recovers results. I'm playing a 3-5-2 and 3-4-3 which are attacking and direct and overall pretty similar. I've then got a more possession based 4-2-3-1 which I can throw in every now and then.

I'm currently in March with Inter and apart from a 1st leg fully rotated loss to Rangers I am undefeated since the end of August when I lost on MD2 against Roma 0-1. 23-5-1 in the league. Bizzarely 4 of my 5 draws are 0-0. So basically in 23 of the 24 games I've scored in the league I've won.

RIP your unbeaten streak.

I'm loathed to change tactics but normally will do it around Christmas then change it back for the run home. I find that if I change it too much it has the opposite effect and for whatever reason the team just tanks no matter how adept they are to the changed tactic.

RIP your unbeaten streak.

I'm loathed to change tactics but normally will do it around Christmas then change it back for the run home. I find that if I change it too much it has the opposite effect and for whatever reason the team just tanks no matter how adept they are to the changed tactic.
I say to Cruyff14 quite often it's great how different people can play the game so differently

Fired up FM again for the first time in a few months.

Won the league and COC, lost in the FA Cup semi and CL semi to City.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 7.56.09 pm.png

screen-shot-2022-09-02-at-7-57-47-pm-png.1497550

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 7.57.56 pm.png

Did some decent business over the summer.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 7.58.31 pm.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 7.57.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 7.57.47 pm.png
    309.3 KB · Views: 144
I have FM2020 so I'm a couple of years behind.

Thought I'd fire up a game and take a challenge on instead of going with Liverpool which is always my go to.

I decided to take on a Championship team and realised back when this game came out Bellingham was still with Birmingham so decided to take them over. Finances said they were ok but I wasnt expecting a 200k transfer budget and being basically capped at wage budget to not even be able to bring more than one player in on loan.

Long road ahead.

Bellingham is pretty good though haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birmingham sacked me with like 8 or so games to go in the season. Pretty annoying really. They wanted me to finish top half so I guess that's 12th and above but gave me no money to spend on the squad, in fact they were so tight, I could only bring in one player on loan really and that was Troy Parrott. Later in January I could terminate two loans to scrubs they were loaning and brought in James Garner on loan in midfield.

I had Birmingham in 14th. Very comfortably away from relegation and 6 points behind the team in 12th which would signify a top half finish. I lost in the third round of the FA Cup to Brentford but purposely threw that game and played reserves. We had drew the first time around so needed a replay, by then we knew our next round opponent was Manchester United. We were in some patchy form and didnt want to get battered by United so decided to just lose to Brentford, free up the schedule and also rest my first team.

In the league cup, we managed upsets against Crystal Palace and Tottenham to make it through to the QF's where we lost to Leicester.

Like I dont know what more they wanted me to do?? Let me play out the season, finish 14th and then let me make some changes in the summer and I dont know, give me a little bit of money to work with. But no, they sacked me. Haha. Shame.

They hired Mark Hughes I think as a replacement and ended up finishing 16th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back