The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont get why you guys all use the editor to see players CA/PA and also adjust CA/PA before you buy players. It's just pretty much cheating isnt it?
Mooy was criminally underrated even after the update. Wasn't planning on buying him but his agent touted him and he was quite cheap.

I don't look at CA/PA when I play mainly leave it to my scouts or remembering successfull players from old saves. Cruffy uses an in game editor to do that though

ca/pa dont really mean anything anyways. you can have great players be s**t and s**t players be great. i do check the ca/pa of the high rated young stars mostly out of curiosity, but everyone knows who they are anyway.

started a game with brighton last night cos again, i like starting random games. 4 mil budget to reach the playoffs. think we'll do that pretty easy with the squad available. gonna let go of a fair few guys at the end of the season regardless due to age, but hopefully they can get promotion. targeting another left back (probably yuri from sociedad) and funnily enough, aaron mooy.

I dont look at CA/PA when recruiting players as I consider that cheating.

I have used the editor from time to time to fix some players.

Sturridge in particular. I have FM14 though and he is just super s**t so I had to edit him to make him better. Even after editing though, he was still fairly shite.

Like every other addition, they will say all these game changing things will happen, but they will plow all their money into UT cos that's the money maker for them.

When in all reality, it will probably only have minor changes that are hardly noticeable.

And like a dickhead, I'll still buy it.

That sums my thoughts up as well.
I know * all has been changed probably but I buy it day 1 anyway.
I then go on to play for a month and barely touch it after that.
I mainly get it as it's a game that mates can play when they come over.

One year it's about pace, the next about strength, and they rotate.

I expect this year's iteration to focus heavily on speed, as I believe (from memory), 16 was all about strength.

And yeah, the graphics have never been the issue. It's always looked good/polished. It's everything else they should worry about.

ca/pa dont really mean anything anyways. you can have great players be s**t and s**t players be great. i do check the ca/pa of the high rated young stars mostly out of curiosity, but everyone knows who they are anyway.

started a game with brighton last night cos again, i like starting random games. 4 mil budget to reach the playoffs. think we'll do that pretty easy with the squad available. gonna let go of a fair few guys at the end of the season regardless due to age, but hopefully they can get promotion. targeting another left back (probably yuri from sociedad) and funnily enough, aaron mooy.

Exactly. CA is only the amount of attribute points spent. It's no good if the attributes are spent in the wrong areas for a particular player and their position. No good having a CB with 20 in long throws etc. CA is meaningless, there's 140 CA players that will play the pants off some 170's because they have better attributes in key areas.

already have a 4 point lead with brighton after 7 games. for some reason kazenga lualua is really good (5 goals 2 assists in 5 starts). got knocked out by norwich with a mostly reserve side in the coc 2nd round. was leading 1-0 though, and they made it 2-1 in like the 93rd. solly march is another who is really good (2 goals 7 assists in 7 starts from amc). hemed has 8 goals and 4 assists in 6 starts. wilson, knockaert, kayal are all really good players. can see this being an absolute breeze, made sure to have two good players in each position. stacked midfield too because i like rotating through the long championship season.

in: juan fuentes, espanyol left back. gone past bong and has been exceptional. a pinch at 850k. also got arnold mvuemba from lyon for 475k. havent played him much but mostly because kayal, stephens and sidwell have been really good. long season though. hopefully i can get a bit of an fa cup final run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One year it's about pace, the next about strength, and they rotate.

I expect this year's iteration to focus heavily on speed, as I believe (from memory), 16 was all about strength.

And yeah, the graphics have never been the issue. It's always looked good/polished. It's everything else they should worry about.
You're just copying and pasting what you're posting in the other thread, you lazy git :D

13427897_1052097571493804_5006308888062560708_n.jpg

so i secured promotion with 2 games left, but bloody hell i've had one of the worst fallen off a cliff moments ever in fm.

after playing brentford and winning 1-0 on the 6th of feb, i had only lost games and was ahead by about 16 points of 2nd place. since then i have won 1 of the next 15 games, including 8 losses. but thankfully sheffield wednesday lost their game in hand to derby and i've won the league no matter what happens final day. but absolute insanity to even be in the situation. james wilson hasnt scored in something like 11 hours, and now i know i have to make considerable changes to the back 4, instead of only a couple of changes.

So I just bought FM16 on Steam as I was sick of playing FM14.

Thinking about starting a game with Liverpool or maybe picking a Championship side.

Any players I should target for either. Liverpool type targets or if I go with a Championship side, then targets lower down?

So I just bought FM16 on Steam as I was sick of playing FM14.

Thinking about starting a game with Liverpool or maybe picking a Championship side.

Any players I should target for either. Liverpool type targets or if I go with a Championship side, then targets lower down?
Zivkovic, Duarte, Fred (Shakhtar).

Mattheus Pereira, Lozano.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back