The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt say it was perfect. I like the concept but it has many flaws. For instance every create a player is as ugly as Adam Goodes on a bad day!

You can change the nickname btw. Oh and you can't be making real life you into the game lol. If you're under 6 foot i dont think NBA is your thing, its meant to be a character you're making to play NBA. No point putting in a 165cm 95kg bloke in it is there (not saying thats you but you get the point)
Yeah I saw you can change the nickname but I just want them to call me by my last name which I share with an NBA player. So when I get the ball, they just call out my last name and it sounds real. Stop calling me Freq or Frequency Vibrations. Who honestly thought Frequency Vibrations was a good nickname. It's ******* stupid. It doesnt even have anything to do with basketball. Bizarre.

Obviously I try to keep me as close to me as possible I just add height as im 5'7 in real life but need to be at least 6'0 to compete in the NBA.

Hahah, horrible wasnt it. How cliche was the story too. Poor family, a best friend who you would die for but he's bad news, hangs out with the wrong people, gets you into trouble. You make it big, a GF who doesnt get along with the sister cos there is no trust and thinks she is a money grabbing chick. All whilst the parents dont worry too much about the money and just want their kids to be happy and still wanna live in the hood.

Ugh. **** off Spike Lee.

yet we havent mentioned the worst part

BO$$ KEY YACHT$

Lincoln is very good. Thiago Maia also.

Lozano a wing option if interested, and Mattheus Pereira (plays for Sporting), can play both wings, pretty good once developed. You could strengthen at CB or DM I guess.

If you buy too many good players it's hard to keep them all happy anyway.
DM isnt really a need. Grujic and Maia are both DMs and are both wonderkids. Then Can play there too.

CB is really the only spot I could probably upgrade. Mustafi and Gomez is an excellent first choice defence but I could probably bring in a third world class defender to compete with those two instead of the trio of Matip/Skrtel/Sakho.

Yeah I saw you can change the nickname but I just want them to call me by my last name which I share with an NBA player. So when I get the ball, they just call out my last name and it sounds real. Stop calling me Freq or Frequency Vibrations. Who honestly thought Frequency Vibrations was a good nickname. It's ******* stupid. It doesnt even have anything to do with basketball. Bizarre.

Obviously I try to keep me as close to me as possible I just add height as im 5'7 in real life but need to be at least 6'0 to compete in the NBA.
6 foot is fine in 2k16.

Yeah if they could get real surnames into the game or some sort of syllable joining feature that'd be perfect. Who knows where the nickname came from! Bizarre they didn't give him something related to basketball.

But again. Concept of a single player story mode is great. Execution still way off. FIFA will be the same no doubt. MyGM is where it's at. If FIFA could get career mode to match that I'd be happy

DM isnt really a need. Grujic and Maia are both DMs and are both wonderkids. Then Can play there too.

CB is really the only spot I could probably upgrade. Mustafi and Gomez is an excellent first choice defence but I could probably bring in a third world class defender to compete with those two instead of the trio of Matip/Skrtel/Sakho.
Sakho is very good, you should ditch Skrtel though.

Riedewald is an excellent CB. Umtiti, too.

PLayed some more last night.

Smashed Boro 5-2 and Alexis got goal of the month from a hit in that game. Hard slog against Benfica in the CL where I won 1-0 away after a goal around 80 minutes. Was a pretty good game, they had a goal disallowed with literally the last kick of the game. 0-0 against Chelsea who seemed to dominate me for the most part (3-5-2 is a ******* bitch to play against), though TC made some solid saves. Beat Derby in the COC, on pens after it being 0-0 and Carson being Superman. Would have raged if I lost.

Giroud is proving to be a very good second choice striker when Vardy isn't firing.

6 foot is fine in 2k16.

Yeah if they could get real surnames into the game or some sort of syllable joining feature that'd be perfect. Who knows where the nickname came from! Bizarre they didn't give him something related to basketball.

But again. Concept of a single player story mode is great. Execution still way off. FIFA will be the same no doubt. MyGM is where it's at. If FIFA could get career mode to match that I'd be happy
FIFA shouldnt bother with trying a MYGM because its pretty much just FM and no matter what FIFA do they will never compare to FM.

PLayed some more last night.

Smashed Boro 5-2 and Alexis got goal of the month from a hit in that game. Hard slog against Benfica in the CL where I won 1-0 away after a goal around 80 minutes. Was a pretty good game, they had a goal disallowed with literally the last kick of the game. 0-0 against Chelsea who seemed to dominate me for the most part (3-5-2 is a ******* bitch to play against), though TC made some solid saves. Beat Derby in the COC, on pens after it being 0-0 and Carson being Superman. Would have raged if I lost.

Giroud is proving to be a very good second choice striker when Vardy isn't firing.
In my save. The first season when i finished 6th, Vardy went nuts and scored 40 league goals. He bangs them in for fun. Thought about making a move for him but his age put me off.

In my save. The first season when i finished 6th, Vardy went nuts and scored 40 league goals. He bangs them in for fun. Thought about making a move for him but his age put me off.
Vardy has been good for me. His clause was 28m, so if I win the league this season it's money well spent. He has been pretty good for the most part, had a few off games, but that's expected.

Beat Hull 3-0 away, good victory. Drew 0-0 with Stoke, Butland played very well. Lost 2-0 to Leicester away, beat Celtic 3-1 in the CL, then I beat someone else in the PL, (can't remember who) and beat Leicester in the cup.

Spurs are top, signed Berahino who is dominating. He hit 8 in 5 games or something.

Alexis has a broken foot, out for 3 months. Ox broken leg 5-6, Ramsey torn hamstring 2 months. Welbeck is gone for 3-4 months too I think. Xhaka was injured at a point too for about three weeks. My only fit winger is Mertens, who has been pretty crap. Playing very narrow at the moment haha.

Alexis has a broken foot, out for 3 months. Ox broken leg 5-6, Ramsey torn hamstring 2 months. Welbeck is gone for 3-4 months too I think. Xhaka was injured at a point too for about three weeks. My only fit winger is Mertens, who has been pretty crap. Playing very narrow at the moment haha.
Sounds like the game has the medical department at Arsenal worked out very well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding fitness. I had to edit Sturridge's hidden attribute of Injury Prone. It was at 19 which is just stupid as he was never fit for more than 1 or 2 games. So I dumbed it down to 11.

You might say 19 is realistic but he played almost every week in our title challenging season in 13/14. Missed a lot of the 14/15 campaign and the first half of 15/16 but played the back half of 15/16.

So over the past three season he has probably played about half the games. 19 isnt half. 10 is half of 20. He literally wouldnt stay fit for more than two games at a time. So I had to change it.

Regarding fitness. I had to edit Sturridge's hidden attribute of Injury Prone. It was at 19 which is just stupid as he was never fit for more than 1 or 2 games. So I dumbed it down to 11.
That's blatant cheating.

19 is too much. But 11 way too low

He has made 55 league appearances out of the past 114 (48%) over half of those were 3 seasons ago. FM roll their attributes to more heavily weight recent performance.

Not sure exactly how they weight it but I gave 15/16 (100%), 14/15 (75%) & 13/14 (50%). With that weighting his appearance numbers are 37.5/85.5 (44%). It's not as simple as 50% equalling an injury score of 10 because players with no real injury history don't start at 0, think it could be 4 or 5 (injuries are a random part of life so that is the reasoning). So if 4 is the starting point for a fit player, a guy with a 44-48% availability over the past 3 seasons should get a 13-15 imo

He has made 55 league appearances out of the past 114 (48%) over half of those were 3 seasons ago. FM roll their attributes to more heavily weight recent performance.

Not sure exactly how they weight it but I gave 15/16 (100%), 14/15 (75%) & 13/14 (50%). With that weighting his appearance numbers are 37.5/85.5 (44%). It's not as simple as 50% equalling an injury score of 10 because players with no real injury history don't start at 0, think it could be 4 or 5 (injuries are a random part of life so that is the reasoning). So if 4 is the starting point for a fit player, a guy with a 44-48% availability over the past 3 seasons should get a 13-15 imo
Fair enough, but it's just a game and I actually want him to play. Haha.

January couldn't come quick enough. Finally getting some players back - Alexis, Ramsey and El-Neny.

Shipped off Welbeck for 25m and paying 35k of his wages. Merten's is gone too for 14.25 (made 5m profit in 6 months), trying to loan out Reine-Adelaide to an English club but nobody is interested.

Per needs to go too, I barely play him. While his mental stats are good he is just way too slow. Have agreed a fee for Jairo Riedewald for circa 17m + add ons.

Managed to sign Brandt who was unhappy at Bayer for 18m. Scored on debut, very handy as I need depth on my wings (Welbz was always injured, Reine-Adelaide isn't there yet but I had no choice but to play him, and Mertens was blah, and Ox is out for another three months). Agreed a fee for Bernardo Silva but I don't think I actually need him. Had a fee agreed for Ben Arfa too for 7m, but I cancelled it (shouldn't have), and he wound up at Spurs.

Looking at CMs too, might ditch Cazorla too. Lewis Cook looks OK for an English CM, Ward-Prowse too but money is an issue there.

Think I agreed a fee for Lincoln (Brazilian AM) too.

What do you mean?
the article is about how a transfer listed player for 100k is signed for 9k with a 40 game bonus of 500k

the manager has no intention of playing the player for 40 games, and after just 10 the players value doubles and is able to sell him for 1.2m

Remove this Banner Ad

Back