The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have done things with stupid goal totals for defenders.

Add large clauses for making TOTS when I know player won't make it etc and reduce wage.
Yeah see that's saving money on wages which i've always done. Also set massive international bonuses for german players who dont have a chance to play for the NT lol

But this is a bit different. Signing a 200k player who is listed for 100k for 9k + bonuses you wont ever pay is an interesting ploy.

Yeah see that's saving money on wages which i've always done. Also set massive international bonuses for german players who dont have a chance to play for the NT lol

But this is a bit different. Signing a 200k player who is listed for 100k for 9k + bonuses you wont ever pay is an interesting ploy.
I always remember the German thing after I sign them! Happened last night with Brandt lol :weary::weary::weary:

One of the most satisfying wins in my FM history

7FZ83ou.jpg

Made a few more signings in Jan.

Lincoln joins next Jan for 12m. Signed Lewis Cook from Leeds for about 12m also - sent him straight on loan to Rangers. Thiago Maia in for 12m at the start of next season.

Four points behind Chelsea - who I play next.

Cech
Bellerin De Vrij Kos Monreal
El-Neny
Santi Fred
--------------Ozil-------Sanchez
Vardy
Ramsey
Wilshere
Brandt
Xhaka
Giroud
Duarte
Chambers
---
Szczesny
Mertesacker
Gonzalez
Coq (injured)
Ox (injured
Cook (loan)
Matheus Pereira (loan)
Reine-Adelaide (loan)

Squad is pretty strong, happy with where I am at. Will probably sell Xhaka and Santi in the off season.

Fred has been brilliant, Duarte is an excellent LB who I rotate often with Monreal.

Won the league by like four points, and beat United in the FA Cup. Bellerin won player of the season for me, and footballer of the year. Racked up 17 assists in the league. Averaged 8.03.

OUT
Gonzalez 11.75m
Xhaka 17.25m
Cazorila 21.5m
Mertesacker 4.4m
Cook (loan)
Chambers (loan)
Reine Adelaide (loan)
Matheus Pereira (loan)

Gonzalez was average a lot of the time he played, so I wanted him out. Xhaka never really impressed, and while Santi was very good, he is 31, and on 90k, so it was time to go. Same with Per. Sent all youngsters out on loan who are featuring in the first time a lot at their clubs.

IN
Janmaat 10m
Mbemba 10m
Maia 12.5m
Icardi 42.5m (around 52m after addons)
Engels 14.75m
Darder 10m

Picked up Janmaat as a stop gap for a few years before Chambers develops (and while he is out on loan). Mbemba is a great get for that price and is my third choice CB. Maia is great back up and will go on to be a star. Icardi, while expensive is worth every penny. Engels will develop well. Needed another creative mid, and though I had money to burn, it's purely just a depth signing, so 10m for Darder who is only 22 is good business.

Cech
Bellerin De Vrij Kos Monreal
El Neny
Ramsey Fred
--------------Ozil-------Sanchez
Icardi
Brandt
Ox
Vardy
Giroud
Wilshere
Darder
Maia
---
Szczesny
Janmaat
Mbemba
Engels
Duarte
Coquelin

Ramsey usually rotates with Wilshere, or Brandt/Ox who come in and play right win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gone back to my brighton game after a while. ivan has completely gone cold, hasnt scored in over 13 hours now. copping some injuries now, being forced to play rosenior at left back for a few games. really hoping to get a decent chunk of cash because i really need to get 2 strikers once ivan and kelechi leave, a backup right back, 2 new cb's and depth on the wings. signed kakuta on a free after he got released from a chinese club and he has been a saviour out on the left.

currently sitting 8th with 2 games left, 1 point behind swansea and 6 behind liverpool. 6 ahead of watford though so likely to stay 8th or nick 7th. had a bit of a poor run, especially away from home. recently checked the home/away records and i've only lost 2 games at home all season. lost 10 games away from home which has really destroyed the season. but 8th is still a pretty good result.

also managed to get into the fa cup final, which is huge. got a massive 2-1 win in the semi final against spurs, who are likely to win the title. face chelsea in the final and really just hoping some of the key players get back in time. probably going to have to rest players in the final game too.

TEgAfPv.png

woooo.

must be said chelsea for some reason played their reserves bar courtois, hazard and oscar for some reason, but who cares. cup glory for the gulls.

hoping to buy a couple of the chelsea players too.

just got 60 mil to play with. party time.

Last edited:
i got bored of my career mode so i shook things up by starting a be a pro mode on FIFA 16. i went with eriksen at spurs. played the first friendly and didn't do well, didn't get selected in the second, again didn't do well in the third. played OK in the opening game of the season, 0-0 at old trafford. then i wasn't selected for the next 2 squads at all so christian sooked it up and for a transfer, clearly beefing with pochettino. request was rejected, altetico were interested, i asked again and barca came and got me on the final day. :p they didn't select me for the first available game then i went on duty to denmark (euro qualifier) and scored but got injured for 4 weeks. fast forward to healing, i scored against scotland and new zealand in international friendlies. so i've played 1 club game for spurs and it's the end of september. i wonder how i'll squeeze into the barca squad..

I started another game of FM last week with an up to date DB (including injuries).

Bought Lukaku for 40m + add ons. Fred for 21m, Mbemba 12m Duarte 17 for LB, Draxler 15 + Campbell (bargain).

Got to Jan and I was struggling despite being second. Just didn't have the depth I wanted down back. Got rid of Giroud, Per and Gabriel all in Jan for Berahino (10m), Sule (15m + add ons) & Mario Fernandes (9m + add ons)

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Monreal
Coquelin
Ramsey--Fred---
----------------Ozil------Sanchez
Lukaku
CM spots are constantly changing. Or I drop one CM, put Sanchez on the right and Draxler on the left.

Draxler
Ox
Wilshere
Berahino
Santi
Ramsey
El-Neny
Xhaka
M. Fernandes
Sule
Mbemba
Duarte

Lukaku is doing very well, Berahino came in and start very well and was more than ample cover for Rom who got injured for a month. Draxler has been great on the left. Ox having a solid season too despite not being a starter. Xhaka has been OK, but nothing special. Mario Fernandes came in and dominated while Bellerin was injured. In his 5 games in the leauge he won 2 MOM awards, scored a goal and averaged 8.08. Sule has been very good as well.

Ospina and Welbeck both out on loan who I am looking to sell. Chambers on loan too - will probably loan him again next season too.

New FM out in November. Haven't heard what the new features are. Might just download a transfer update once the window closes and give 16 another go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back