The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not yet but will when I get home. I am starting to find football games boring though :(
I play no where as much as I used to.

I find I smash them for the first month or two then my play after that peter's out a bit, and I play mostly when mates are over.

How do people have such shitty cameras these days? Inb4 "it's on Optus" :p

Shall you be getting the demo?

Have no intention of buying PES but might get the demo and see what I think.
Yeah, it's worth a shot. Passing is very good, might take a while to get used to though.

Not sure if/when I will buy it.

Not sure the realism is there. Played 6 games in. Total - 2 as Barca (where I couldn't score), 2 as Arsenal and 2 as France, where Giroud scored 5 of my 7 goals :eek:
Ha, what difficulty?

First game vs FLA with Arse was 0-0. Then I won 3-1 w Barca vs FLA, and I think 2-1 in the third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me PES 5 is still the best football game of all time.
FM 13 for me. Played until about 2030 or so with Spurs. About 14 PL titles, 10 of which were in a row; about 11 CL titles, 8 of which were in a row, many FA Cups, League Cups and Club World Championships. Also formed strange, genuinely emotional attachments to regenerated players who ended up club legends. I haven't played in about 12-18 months but I could still name every one of them as well.

Played another five games in the demo, 3 on regular, 2 on professional. I won all of them. The regular games I dominated, and the professional ones I didn't find too challenging, but was a step up.

The game play's really well. I think the passing is great, but to me something just feels like it's still missing. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Played 2 games on Top Player Cruyff14 - both Barca vs Atletico. Lost both games 0-1 and 1-2. Very impressed by the passing and the referees seem to be sorted right out - I was up 1-0 in the second game and it turned into a bad tempered affair with me getting 2 red cards where on PES 16 you could get away with murder before you were even booked.

Yeah, I played the other day and the comp got 5 bookings lol (same game as yours).

I was playing the demo with my mate the other day, and while we enjoyed it a lot, we put FIFA on after it, and I dunno, it looks so shiny and nice. Gameplay isn't really that bad either.

Still in two minds what to do.

FM 13 for me. Played until about 2030 or so with Spurs. About 14 PL titles, 10 of which were in a row; about 11 CL titles, 8 of which were in a row, many FA Cups, League Cups and Club World Championships. Also formed strange, genuinely emotional attachments to regenerated players who ended up club legends. I haven't played in about 12-18 months but I could still name every one of them as well.
Tell us.

Played Stoke second last game of the season. Drew 1-1. That left me three points behind United. Had to win on the last day vs Newcastle. United were playing Stoke away. A point and the title is theirs.

I won 1-0. They lost 2-0. I won the title on GD. Got a UCL final to play now vs Juve.

Not sure where to strengthen my squad in the off season. Formations varied between the two below depending on opposition. Ramsey/Wilshere/Fred would all rotate. Fred probably first choice though. Douglas Costa dominated on the right wing, when he wasn't perform I would play Bernardo Silva there, or switch Alexis to the right and Draxler on the left.

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Duarte
Coquelin
Fred
Douglas Costa Ozil Alexis
Lukaku

or

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Duarte
Coquelin
Ramsey Fred
---------------Ozil----------Alexis
Lukaku
Berahino
Ben Yedder
Draxler
Bernardo Silva
Ramsey/Douglas Costa
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Isco
Wilshere
Kouyate
Creswell
Manolas
Sule
Mario Fernandes
Szczesny

Kovacic is joining for 15m. I want to bring in another forward I think, a lot of my goals came from midfield this season. Been looking at Jorge for LB. Will probably blow a heap on him and sell Duarte. Luis Henrique, young Brazilian forward has been signed for 5.5m but I will probably loan him.

Chambers is out on loan, probably will go again. Will look to sell Mbemba and Sule and bring in another CB. Possibly get rid of Ben Yedder too. Might try and buy Icardi (I have about 130m to play with). Not sure what to do about Isco. Stats are insanely good, but Ozil virtually plays every game and Isco hasn't really done much in the starts he had. I know if I sell him though, he will dominate.

Just saw the new FIFA The Journey trailer - so chuffed to see the Toon featured! Hope you have the choice to make loan moves permanent haha.

There was once a time when going from Man City to the Toon would be considered a step forward in someone's career - ah nostalgia! :D

Not sure if I'll go FIFA or PES this year. Went PES last year and it was awesome after a few years with FIFA. No PL football for us either. I'll probably wait for reviews of both to come out and then decide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back