The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sanches is already at Bayern isnt he? Although FIFA isnt like FM, it's easy to buy anyone.
Yeah, you can buy anyone if the figure is right. I mean, I signed Coutinho for 57m plus Coquelin lol.

Give it a season and you should be able to buy him.

Bit of a curious one, and I'm sure something will be done about it for sure, but who is actually going to try a Chapecoense Challenge? I guess in two flavours:
1. Try to win the Copa Sudamericana with the original squad as intended
2. Rebuild the squad and take them to a maiden title win.

It also has the added bonus of playing in a South American league and getting a new flavour altogether.

Steam seems to have very harsh reviews for this year's FM, is it justified?
Not at all. Quality as usual love the improvements they've made on transfer rumours/news side of things. Gameplay hasn't changed greatly but nice little bit of realism when the window is open with the way the stories are shared

Bit morbid playing with Chapecoense considering all those players died just a few weeks ago. :(
Yeah I had a look at the squad. So so Sad :(

The Brazilian league has everything shortened to 3 characters for team names so it wasn't easy to find. Hope the update has them as legends of the club or some sort of history of them all still

Just won the 2022 World Cup with England.

Morocco 2-1 England
England 2-0 Costa Rica
England 2-1 Belgium
England 7-0 Switzerland
England 7-0 France
England 1-1 Brazil (pens)
England 1-0 Spain

Was down against Belgium until late and looked a huge chance to miss the round of 16. All uphill from there.

Only issue is that I always start my manager as sunday-league, and my reputation is only at 1.25/5 with no potential to do coaching badges in this edition (unless I'm mistaken) and no club in the top two English leagues willing to take me on.

Any of you guys tried FutChampions on fifa yet? 40 games over a 3 day period is near on impossible.

Every opponent plays like Sunderland and Jack Butland is peter schmeichel reincarnated
First weekend of it this weekend, only played 15 games so far. Playing False 9 with Firmino up top has been pretty handy.

First proper save on 17 and I got the sack at Brighton!! Was 10th after 32 games and only 4 points off playoff spots. Fell out massively with Knockaert after Hemed forces a move to West Brom. Continued the save and got the Wigan job with 2 games left and them in relegation zone. Got 3 points in the final game to survive. They're a boring side though so might start again with Brentford or Huddesfield

First saves always tough spent the first 20-30 games chopping and changing my formation too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had my first go at adding unplayable leagues to the database on the weekend - added in the United Football Leagues (1 and 2) which are the semi pro leagues in the Philippines. Anyone ever tried it? Watched some tutorials on how to do it in the editor and surprisingly, the Gibraltar league is quite popular for this.

Even brought back the old NSL and made it a second tier under the A League - 2 relegation places from the A League with 2 coming up. We poached Auckland City from the NZ Leagues (I gave them Bendigo City in return) as well as having a few of the interested A League expansion clubs (South Melbourne, Brisbane Strikers, West Adelaide, Wollongong etc) included. I punted the Phoenix down to the second tier so they can play rivalry matches with Auckland and brought in my junior club, the mighty Ballarat Red Devils to replace them lol.

Yet to play a game though. I made a save last night - undecided who to manage.

And on the mobile version of championship manager 17, after 3 seasons as manager of the Jets, I've moved to England and just taken control of the cashed up Wolves in October. Sitting 15th in the Championship. Hopefully with some January buys, I can launch a promotion charge.

Had my first go at adding unplayable leagues to the database on the weekend - added in the United Football Leagues (1 and 2) which are the semi pro leagues in the Philippines. Anyone ever tried it? Watched some tutorials on how to do it in the editor and surprisingly, the Gibraltar league is quite popular for this.

Even brought back the old NSL and made it a second tier under the A League - 2 relegation places from the A League with 2 coming up. We poached Auckland City from the NZ Leagues (I gave them Bendigo City in return) as well as having a few of the interested A League expansion clubs (South Melbourne, Brisbane Strikers, West Adelaide, Wollongong etc) included. I punted the Phoenix down to the second tier so they can play rivalry matches with Auckland and brought in my junior club, the mighty Ballarat Red Devils to replace them lol.

Yet to play a game though. I made a save last night - undecided who to manage.

And on the mobile version of championship manager 17, after 3 seasons as manager of the Jets, I've moved to England and just taken control of the cashed up Wolves in October. Sitting 15th in the Championship. Hopefully with some January buys, I can launch a promotion charge.

I was wondering when you were going to give the Philippines a proper go and make good of their potential (Seriously, ASEAN Football is probably the biggest untapped market full of potential. Cracking that code can only be good for Aussie Football, as it means we can finally get involved in the fun!

Though that said, if I did an ASEAN challenge, it would be Thailand for me, for, ahem, obvious reasons.

That's also something I did too... well, except I kinda cheated and tried to make it as AFL centric as possible (Yes, I bought back the Collingwood Warriors, and I may have gotten fancy with the rest of it.) Actually, in one of my middle FM games (FM 07 I think?) I actually changed the A-League to being fresh AFL sides, no players, and just leaving it as a free for all.

ROFL, so you booted Bendigo, and promoted Ballarat... yeah, no bias there, nope, none whatsoever!

Wait, is this in just one big megasave? Why not do both? Have one save with a Filopino team, and another with Ballarat.

I might have to wait for my next FM unfortunately (Last one being FM15, I usually get them in 4 year blocks, CM02-03, FM07, FM11, and now FM15,) Usually I find a lot of new features and some interesting things going on... One thing I would really like is the ability to create a country and just create a truly unique system (I try to keep it as realistic as possible, taking flavours of the region), but unfortunately, due to frigid continents, that means if I try to make a new country, I pretty much invalidate the competition and rankings (Oh how I wanted to have a 256 nation Super Tournament, pity I had to give up the World Cup and all of the international competitions, and for reasons unknown (Well, I know the reason), have Kaliningrad be winners of the 1960 Euros), just to have this ultimate international tournament.

If they can do Brexit and dynamic nations, and even the nations league, surely proposed nations isn't too much of a stretch. I mean, play for long enough and boom, sudden Catalonia and Monaco. I mean, you have a chance of it happening, and it adds a sense of dynamism to it. Then again, I suppose I can see why they may not (then again, they had Crimera as a playable nation). It would be like EU4, but for football.

Still, the Philipines should be fun, are you taking over the international team too?

I was wondering when you were going to give the Philippines a proper go and make good of their potential (Seriously, ASEAN Football is probably the biggest untapped market full of potential. Cracking that code can only be good for Aussie Football, as it means we can finally get involved in the fun!

Though that said, if I did an ASEAN challenge, it would be Thailand for me, for, ahem, obvious reasons.

That's also something I did too... well, except I kinda cheated and tried to make it as AFL centric as possible (Yes, I bought back the Collingwood Warriors, and I may have gotten fancy with the rest of it.) Actually, in one of my middle FM games (FM 07 I think?) I actually changed the A-League to being fresh AFL sides, no players, and just leaving it as a free for all.

ROFL, so you booted Bendigo, and promoted Ballarat... yeah, no bias there, nope, none whatsoever!

Wait, is this in just one big megasave? Why not do both? Have one save with a Filopino team, and another with Ballarat.

I might have to wait for my next FM unfortunately (Last one being FM15, I usually get them in 4 year blocks, CM02-03, FM07, FM11, and now FM15,) Usually I find a lot of new features and some interesting things going on... One thing I would really like is the ability to create a country and just create a truly unique system (I try to keep it as realistic as possible, taking flavours of the region), but unfortunately, due to frigid continents, that means if I try to make a new country, I pretty much invalidate the competition and rankings (Oh how I wanted to have a 256 nation Super Tournament, pity I had to give up the World Cup and all of the international competitions, and for reasons unknown (Well, I know the reason), have Kaliningrad be winners of the 1960 Euros), just to have this ultimate international tournament.

If they can do Brexit and dynamic nations, and even the nations league, surely proposed nations isn't too much of a stretch. I mean, play for long enough and boom, sudden Catalonia and Monaco. I mean, you have a chance of it happening, and it adds a sense of dynamism to it. Then again, I suppose I can see why they may not (then again, they had Crimera as a playable nation). It would be like EU4, but for football.

Still, the Philipines should be fun, are you taking over the international team too?

Yeah finally got to it mate - not even sure what inspired me to try it. Maybe all the A League expansion talk? I ended up choosing a Filipino side - nearly went with 'Global FC' (biggest club in the land) but went with Ceres instead (due to their colours being yellow and black). My aim is to make them into an ASEAN powerhouse and maybe even an elite club within the AFC - though I need to check if I set the league up to include AFC Champions League qualification haha.

My AFL bias also came into it as I gave Richmond SC a spot in the second tier (they play out of the Kevin Bartlett Sporting Complex I believe). As for Ballarat/Bendigo - I think of it as a promotion for Bendigo - they now play in the top tier of their new nation (as opposed to div 3 of a state league) - Auckland City were the dominant power in the the NZ leagues so now there is an opportunity for Bendigo to rise to greatness.

I think when I was resuscitating the old NSL, I had the option to select how many teams were in the league - the maximum was something crazy like 200 plus (maybe the 256 you mentioned?). Needless to say, I'd love to create a mega league one day - I wonder if anyone has ever done it before?).

Also posted on the gaming board but since we have a few gamers here I've got FIFA17 and Rocket League on PC.

If you want to join my pro-clubs club which is in div 5 on fifa, add me on Origin I'm RossT17.

If you are interested in playing rocket league also add me on Steam I'm RossFC.

Well, good to see you’re not taking the easy way out! Well, the Phillipines should have one spot in the ACL. It’s at the lowest level, but provided you’ve connected it correctly, you should see the winner qualify. As to how it determines it… to be honest, I’m not sure, as I’ve never tried it myself in lately (Seriously want to do a Sri Lanka club/nation competition and turn them into an elite force on the Subcontinent.)

Is it funny that I know of Richmond SC purely because of Melissa Barbieri, with her stint in the men’s league all those years ago? (Let’s face it, if there was going to be a female in the men’s league, the most likely position is going to be goalkeeper.) Also, is it possible to change kit colours now? Because I know you can do it in Motorsport Manager (before you ask, I haven’t had the chance to clock up any additional miles yet), but I wonder if that has changed. Otherwise, I get the feeling I might be seeing some yellow sashes on black soon (at least the club crest looks right… though that nickname… I would say it would make you feel a bit dirty, but you support a club that uses Magpies as its nickname, which is even dirtier for a Tigers fan!)

Oh yeah, that wouldn’t be so much of a problem… if it wasn’t the fact that you haven’t just changed their nation, but you’ve changed their conference as well. They’re not going to play against the Red Diamonds, they’re going to be playing Soaga of Samoa in the OCL. Then again, that would be kinda funny if your hated rivals turned out to be dominant. That would kinda be like trading Sunderland in for Berwick, and watching Sunderland dominate the Scottish leagues.

I think they have, though when you think of Mega-League… they’re usually more of the, ahem, Super Euro variety. Let’s be honest, unless you’re going to restructure one nation’s league to include 200+ teams in a league (it was a league, not a knockout cup? Makes sense if it was a knockout cup, because I’d hate (and well, would really love) to see the logistics of seeing a match played virtually every single day, maybe two in one day if they have to play each other wise) you’re virtually going to have to give up global club competitions, since you’re already playing in it and just make it solely on the Super League.

Then again, I did do an experiment in FM15, by letting San Marino play a new opponent every single day up until the Euros tournament proper. 25 matches thanks to some glitches (I remember in previous ones, some matches get cancelled but here you can glitch it to have a game played every day.) I remember seeing what would happen if I won every single match, what would happen. Despite winning the Euros and every single match, due to how the FIFA ranking works, San Marino were only 4th, despite not losing after 32 consecutive games, some including some big nations too... well, as big as I could get them anyway.

So yeah, it is possible to do so, but your players will be super tired, and well, no amount of rotation is going to work in theory, because they're all going to be like 10% condition every game.

Brentford transfer window done

Leko (loan)
Jack Stephens (loan w/ option to buy)
Fred Onyedinma (loan w/ option to buy)
Fausto Rossi (free)
Chris Mavinga (350k LB from Rubin Kazan)
Kevin Berigaud (1.1m rising to 2m ST from Montpellier)
Jai Quitongo (250k RW/ST from Morton) absolute must buy
Callum Camps (1.4m CM from Rochdale) one for the future hopefully
Zach Boucher (2.5m GK from Auxerre)
Ivan Sunjic (2.1m DM/CM from Lokomotiva) 19 year old gun!

All that mainly funded by the sale of Jota to Palace (9.5m for a guy with 12 months on his contract thanks Pards) & Hoffman for 2.3m to Bristol

Well, good to see you’re not taking the easy way out! Well, the Phillipines should have one spot in the ACL. It’s at the lowest level, but provided you’ve connected it correctly, you should see the winner qualify. As to how it determines it… to be honest, I’m not sure, as I’ve never tried it myself in lately (Seriously want to do a Sri Lanka club/nation competition and turn them into an elite force on the Subcontinent.)

Is it funny that I know of Richmond SC purely because of Melissa Barbieri, with her stint in the men’s league all those years ago? (Let’s face it, if there was going to be a female in the men’s league, the most likely position is going to be goalkeeper.) Also, is it possible to change kit colours now? Because I know you can do it in Motorsport Manager (before you ask, I haven’t had the chance to clock up any additional miles yet), but I wonder if that has changed. Otherwise, I get the feeling I might be seeing some yellow sashes on black soon (at least the club crest looks right… though that nickname… I would say it would make you feel a bit dirty, but you support a club that uses Magpies as its nickname, which is even dirtier for a Tigers fan!)

Oh yeah, that wouldn’t be so much of a problem… if it wasn’t the fact that you haven’t just changed their nation, but you’ve changed their conference as well. They’re not going to play against the Red Diamonds, they’re going to be playing Soaga of Samoa in the OCL. Then again, that would be kinda funny if your hated rivals turned out to be dominant. That would kinda be like trading Sunderland in for Berwick, and watching Sunderland dominate the Scottish leagues.

I think they have, though when you think of Mega-League… they’re usually more of the, ahem, Super Euro variety. Let’s be honest, unless you’re going to restructure one nation’s league to include 200+ teams in a league (it was a league, not a knockout cup? Makes sense if it was a knockout cup, because I’d hate (and well, would really love) to see the logistics of seeing a match played virtually every single day, maybe two in one day if they have to play each other wise) you’re virtually going to have to give up global club competitions, since you’re already playing in it and just make it solely on the Super League.

Then again, I did do an experiment in FM15, by letting San Marino play a new opponent every single day up until the Euros tournament proper. 25 matches thanks to some glitches (I remember in previous ones, some matches get cancelled but here you can glitch it to have a game played every day.) I remember seeing what would happen if I won every single match, what would happen. Despite winning the Euros and every single match, due to how the FIFA ranking works, San Marino were only 4th, despite not losing after 32 consecutive games, some including some big nations too... well, as big as I could get them anyway.

So yeah, it is possible to do so, but your players will be super tired, and well, no amount of rotation is going to work in theory, because they're all going to be like 10% condition every game.

Well my intention was to try and help improve the Azkals into being a more competitive outfit on the international stage - I figured if I gave them a playable league, it would help. I also made it so it only take 1 year to gain nationality. My plan is to make a super club who can lure players from other countries and then nationalise them for the benefit of the national side haha. Think Qatar is doing something similar in real life.

I'd be interested to hear how the Sri Lankan experiment goes. Would be something to reign supreme over Pakistan, India and the like.

I had to look up who Melissa Barbieri is and have to admit, I'm impressed! First woman to play in a professional men's league (at least here in Australia I think her wiki said). Great stuff! And I think Richmond SC do have a lovely yellow and black combo. I'll admit, supporting 'the Magpies' in the Toon sense has caused some raised eyebrows and even questions of loyalty being asked of me. I just tell my fellow tiger tragics that I support the best black and white team in the world (yes, that includes you Juventus, go have a cry and get over it with some pizza lol! Not my fault we are older and have a bigger stadium). Though what is most strange - both NUFC and Collingwood were founded in 1892. How's that for a coincidence.

Let's be honest, it might be a video game but in no world, is there a league where Sunderland can dominate. Heck, the only thing they dominate on my saves is worst transfers each and every season. Each transfer putting them further and further in financial jeopardy. As for Bendigo, they retain their Aus status...they just play in NZ. A bit like how we have the Phoenix playing in an Aussie League. :D

I'm tempted to try this super league - it might end up like baseball with teams playing matches every second or so day. Then again, FIFA are proposing increasing the number of teams at the World Cup - maybe it should be a literal WC and involve EVERY nation. Might be fun to try and do this on FM...

That’s what I thought! Lol, One year citizenship, oh yes, because we couldn’t find a winner amongst the near 100m that live in the Philippines, lol. Still, I do wonder how one would become a citizen otherwise? Still, could be interesting as you slowly gain talent and bild upon the Philippines reputation before winning over players that will truly take the Philippines to WC glory.

Well then, I guess I’m going to reinstall FM2015 (Haven’t yet on this new PC) and let you know then! Maybe I can find a professional done SL League file. Or maybe I’ll have to make my own Leicester version and tie to Leicester. Because there is a Crystal Palace in the league, so I’ll just declare them our biggest rivals. As to where I’ll establish the club, well, if we want that rivalry with Crystal Palace, then it has to be Kandy then. Maybe a suburb of Kandy…

That’s correct, I read about it in the mX way back when. I did hear of her around the time of our big return to the World Cup. Heh, I would expect so. Then again, it could’ve been Hull if they were much chop a lot earlier. (And questions being asked of SM of why he didn’t follow Swansea. No one can question me of being a Foxes fan unless North Queensland comes into the competition… seriously, a lot of flying foxes up there in the tropical North. Ha ha, yes, good answer. Heck, I choose AC Milan over Juventus because of Paolo Maldini, who was the original player that got me into Soccer in the first place (and then it would be a year later where I got my first Leicester experience) That’s right, well, in its current form at least. You’re the United form of the East and West Ends (Or in Fitzroy terms, you’re just East End, you just sucked up the West End and just moved to their ground).

Next thing you’re telling me that even in a pure Wear League, not even Sunderland could win that, lol. I do wonder what the story for an Aussie club, especially a rural Victorian club, would have for playing in the Kiwi league? Knowing full well they are giving up a lot just to play Kiwi football? Lol.

Wait, Domestic or National (I’m guessing national, considering you need a crap load of players to make this even possible)? Whichever one you’re choosing… I’ll need to check my editor data, and see what I can create… I mean, it would be for FM15, but the basics should be the same. Hopefully we can make a league makes a lot of sense… although it will be nutty as all heck. Or maybe this really is a one off, though we need to find a way to accommodate 200+ teams.

randomly started an fm game as sunderland. i havent even played a game yet and there's just so much crap. i managed to shift jack of all trades half decent at none larsson. efforts to move on rodwell have been much less successful. i at least have a bit of money to spend but i can't get in players that will improve the side. the spine is actually decent (pickford, papy, kone, kirchoff, ndong, khazri, defoe) but god forbid ANYONE relatively important gets injured.

signed aogo at left back who can also fill in at centre mid, and a bloke named andres roa who looks a very decent box to box mid to rotate with ndong. hoping clattermole has a whine eventually so i can get rid of him and his monstrous wages. pienaar, o'shea, anichebe will all have their contracts run down. mcnair actually looks pretty decent, training him to be a ball playing centre back.

god it's so s**t. but salvageable.

randomly started an fm game as sunderland. i havent even played a game yet and there's just so much crap. i managed to shift jack of all trades half decent at none larsson. efforts to move on rodwell have been much less successful. i at least have a bit of money to spend but i can't get in players that will improve the side. the spine is actually decent (pickford, papy, kone, kirchoff, ndong, khazri, defoe) but god forbid ANYONE relatively important gets injured.

signed aogo at left back who can also fill in at centre mid, and a bloke named andres roa who looks a very decent box to box mid to rotate with ndong. hoping clattermole has a whine eventually so i can get rid of him and his monstrous wages. pienaar, o'shea, anichebe will all have their contracts run down. mcnair actually looks pretty decent, training him to be a ball playing centre back.

god it's so s**t. but salvageable.
they were my first save. found it too hard to sell anybody and went back to brighton and now brentford

Remove this Banner Ad

Back