The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw the best goalkeeping performance I've seen on FIFA perhaps since ever last night.

Was playing Southampton, Forster in goal. Had already had 10+ shots in the first 30 mins, it was still 0-0. Finally broke the deadlock in the 36th minute. Went in 1-0 at the break. 20 shots, 13 on target. The game finished 1-0. Forster made 15 saves. Ridiculous. And they were bloody good saves too.

Is he that good in your save Bojan KantKick?

Saw the best goalkeeping performance I've seen on FIFA perhaps since ever last night.

Was playing Southampton, Forster in goal. Had already had 10+ shots in the first 30 mins, it was still 0-0. Finally broke the deadlock in the 36th minute. Went in 1-0 at the break. 20 shots, 13 on target. The game finished 1-0. Forster made 15 saves. Ridiculous. And they were bloody good saves too.

Is he that good in your save Bojan KantKick?
YES!!!

He's ridiculously good. He goes to complete s**t in about season 4 though. Also, half the best teams in the world try and buy him.

YES!!!

He's ridiculously good. He goes to complete s**t in about season 4 though. Also, half the best teams in the world try and buy him.
Couldn't believe the stuff I was seeing. It was ridiculous. They only had 1 shot, but I was scared I was gonna * it up somehow lol.

He was Superman on steriods, on steriods.

Managed to get Jesus and Dembele too in the Jan window - Dembele is very good.

Couldn't believe the stuff I was seeing. It was ridiculous. They only had 1 shot, but I was scared I was gonna **** it up somehow lol.

He was Superman on steriods, on steriods.

Managed to get Jesus and Dembele too in the Jan window - Dembele is very good.
dembele is lots of fun yeah

i have las palmas 4th with 5 games left and a 1 point lead over villarreal.

my squad is so under prepared for continental football it's staggering. but i do have some monies after selling roque mesa (16.75 rising to 20 mil) to city and lemos (without my consent, 20.5 mil rising to 27.5 mil) to liverpool. replaced them with papa alioune ndiaye (4.9 rising to 5.5 mil) and malang sarr (7 mil to 9 mil). will be losing 6 players, 5 im letting their contracts expire (well javi castellano is hard coded to leave) and jese goes back to psg. have to do everything possible to keep jonathan viera. beyond that i don't care.

Well no, the game is infuriating on world class to the point where it's rage inducing and incredibly unrealistic where teams like Accrington Stanley can knock the ball around like Barca with 95% pass accuracy.

Adjusting the sliders counters this and makes for a more realistic game.

Well no, the game is infuriating on world class to the point where it's rage inducing and incredibly unrealistic where teams like Accrington Stanley can knock the ball around like Barca with 95% pass accuracy.

Adjusting the sliders counters this and makes for a more realistic game.
So you're playing on Custom not World Class :p

so after my last post, the last 5 games were celta (h), barca (a), granada (h), athletic (a), madrid (h)

was 1-0 up and sitting pretty against celta until a 92nd min beauvue equalier to end the game 1-1.
next game was absolutely brutal. barca destroyed me. 6-0. suarez with 4.
but after that it was granada at home. should be easy. nope. lose 2-0, barely fire a shot in anger. after those 3 results were's 6th with 2 games left
next up is bilbao. a drab 0-0 it looked like, until livaja popped up in the 84th minute to secure a vital 1-0 away win.

so going into the final group of fixtures, all 3 clubs were sitting on 63. i was 4th, villarreal 5th, valencia 6th. thanks to head to head i was on top of the pile. but real madrid at home, needing to win to guarantee the 4th spot. madrid had already wrapped up the title, so i hoped they would play a reserve side. nope. full strength bar 1 or 2 injuries. damn.

FnXmUpo.png

5ewCfQk.png

never. in. doubt.

now to travel to european competition for the first time ever as the cl best placed playoff entrant. gonna have about 7 mil if i don't sell anymore and i most certainly need to strengthen, especially with 9 goal 8 assist jese going back to psg and psg (up to now) showing no interest in letting him return. hopefully i can make the group stage and bank the money that comes with it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most I ever got excited in an FM was also against Madrid.

I found my original post....

Was in a quarter final against Madrid and lost 2-0 away. So the return leg happened and what not. They scored in the 29th minute which made it 0-3 on aggregate and I knew I was in real strife. Pulled one back through Lacazette in the 58th minute and thought I was in with a slim chance. Went 2-1 up after 71 minutes (still 2-3 down on agg at this point). Start throwing men forward. Ramos sent off 79th minute. Go to overload, high tempo. Score a belter outside the box 90th minute thanks to Lucas Romero, flew into the top corner. Keep pressing, Berardi scored in the 93rd minute and I won 4-3 on agg. Had 31/15 to Madrid's 13/3 and I had 60% possession.

Most excited I've been playing FM in a very long time. Thought I was dead and buried once they went 1-0 up at The Emirates. Don't know how I got the win but I did. Absolutely ecstatic. I was shaking both arms in the air and shouting YES. Shut up, you've all been there.

I remember that was late at night too, I went mental.

i'd like to thank the las palmas board for giving me 1.5 mil to prepare for the champions league. managed to sign diego llorente for a free (absolute beast of a defender) and did end up getting jese back on loan. game hasn't 'rolled' into the new season yet so hopefully some money comes through once it does. picked up a clause in the lemos to pool transfer so now i have 5 mil. got sergio araujo back from his loan too so now i have three pretty decent striking options in him, livaja and ibarguen, who i picked up for 300k from atletico nacional.

how many attempts at the real madrid result ;)
given that i was kind of hoping i wouldnt make europe cos the club is just so unprepared, it was first time. closing and reloading if for the yung blud ting.

glad i made europe though, if i can sneak into the group stages the potential windfall is tremendous. even moreso if i can get 3rd.

given that i was kind of hoping i wouldnt make europe cos the club is just so unprepared, it was first time. closing and reloading if for the yung blud ting.

glad i made europe though, if i can sneak into the group stages the potential windfall is tremendous. even moreso if i can get 3rd.
try telling old soul cruffy it's for yung blud!

That's kind of what i was thinking with Brentford when i was sitting around 4th at Xmas. In the end it backfired and I shot all the way down to 8th and out of Europe all together

unfortunately won't be playing in the champions league. lost 3-2 on aggregate to napoli, 3-1 loss away but could only muster a 1-0 win at home. disappointing, but napoli are just too good for the players i have. board wanted me to make the group stage but the draw was always going to be difficult. i could've drawn napoli, united, lyon, ajax and a few others who were closer to my level. but europa league should be fun. any monies are welcomed.

got drawn in a group with olympiacos, ludogorets and fa cup runners up crystal palace. neato,

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back